As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Income Tax and 1098-E question.

KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
Quick Question, and my google foo is failing me.

I gotten my W2 but I haven't received my 1098-E form yet. Finding it strange (since it's usually the other way around) and I called my lender, the automated machine telling me not to expect it after January.

Now, when I look at my loan info, there's a place marked "Last Year's interest" and an amount.

Could I use that amount? Or do I need to wait for the actual form?

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Is it for the year of 2014? Then yeah that should be what you use.

There should be a place to download legal and tax forms somewhere on their website that you can grab that information in the proper 1098-E form as well. Especially if it's a big player like Sallie Mae or Nelnet.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Yep, it's for last year.

There is that section, but it looks like they don't have 2014 form available yet.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    The tax guys can correct me if I'm wrong, but they have until the end of January to provide you with it. Either way, you can start the process now and get 99% of the way done with what you think the numbers are and wait until Feb to actually press the submit button.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    The annual thread is up. Thank for the reminder. ;)

This thread is fine, I just wanted to let you know for the future.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn