As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Serial Homicide Unit] Killer Body Count: 1/Civilian Scenes, Round 2 (Grunts Ghosts)

13»

• Options
    AlfredRAlfredR I take weekends off from the internet Registered User regular
    "Lissa!" Came the small and cheerful voice from the other end of the phone, carrying the nickname only one person in the world used for Alice. Carolina Green was a graying fifty, an exhausted fifty, a fifty worn down from years of heavy work with her hands and long hours providing for her family. Through it all, she stayed cheerful - she kept a smile on her face whenever she could - and she pushed little Lissa Green to work hard, never take the easy way out, and make something of herself; to be there for others first. Those lessons, like all lessons given to one's children, didn't always stick.

"Lissa, sweetie, how are you? I feel like I haven't talked to you in weeks, Lissa, I'm sorry."

• Options
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Everything alright @Grunt's Ghosts ?

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Yeah. Sister just had a baby so I've been at a hospital for a few days with a dead cellphone. I'll post when we get home and I can charge my phone more then a few minutes.

• Options
    Take your time! We send endless positive thoughts to your sis.

• Options
    "Sorry for what?" Alice said as she flopped down on her bed. "I've been busy, with work, school, singing lessons... the list goes on and on. What's new with you?"

• Options
    "Oh nothing special, sweetie. I've been getting your father out of the house and we've been going on walks all this week, just like the doctor said he needed. He's been making a fuss about it, obviously." Some big, open-mouthed laughter here.

"Anyway, Lissa, the reason I called: you remember the last time we talked, I wanted to find the time to have lunch with you - and you were just so busy, my little music star, that you couldn't squeeze your poor mother in? You said that tomorrow you would finally had some time - you had some test and then we could meet up, right? I'm just calling to check that I'm still picking you up on campus."

• Options
    "I don't know. I got lessons just after the exam. I could call in sick and take a make up exam..."

• Options
    "Lissa, you will do no such thing." Her voice cuts into the conversation like heavy machinery screeching to a halt. "If tomorrow is too busy for you, that's fine, we'll just reschedule, sweetie. But you absolutely will not miss your exam, not for me, not for anything! You may be an adult, but you're my daughter - do I make myself clear?"

• Options
    "Mom, nursing is just for shows. It's like having a sad story about how your musician dad died in a plane crash trying to save baby seals. It gives me that 'Awww' moment that makes me likable to the people watching. It's not something I am serious about."

• Options
    "Alice." Well, shit, the proper name has come out.

"How long are you going to chase this music thing? I know you really care about it but -- Alice, sweetie, nursing is a real career. I didn't work my fingers to the bone so you could run off on this, this hobby of yours. You need to buckle down, get some real work done - in the real world... We'll talk later. You have some studying to do."