Options

Everyone Agrees That [Nintendo] Has Met With A Terrible Fate

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    frankly i'll be shocked if zelda u isn't pushed back to 2016

Shut up speed!

Don't say such things

Theres an almost zero chance of a delay. This is( one of) their GOY contender(s), and huge Christmas release. Every extra man will be put on it and Im pretty sure monolith soft will be added to the zelda team once Xenoblade is released

They have nothing else this level to release in that time frame so Zelda pretty much has to come out

Iwata and Miyamoto have been adamant in the past that they would rather ask consumers to wait than release a game they feel is not ready. If they discover some problem in late-game development and have to delay (which seems to be a fairly common occurrence these days) I don't doubt they'll delay it. Most of the stuff things are delayed for in the late stages aren't something you can just throw more guys at to speed up the process, and I hope to never see the day when they say "fuck it we want the holiday sales numbers, just ship it".

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I got a bunch of original Gamecube controllers so that's why I wanted a GC adapter.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    frankly i'll be shocked if zelda u isn't pushed back to 2016

Shut up speed!

Don't say such things

Theres an almost zero chance of a delay. This is( one of) their GOY contender(s), and huge Christmas release. Every extra man will be put on it and Im pretty sure monolith soft will be added to the zelda team once Xenoblade is released

They have nothing else this level to release in that time frame so Zelda pretty much has to come out

Iwata and Miyamoto have been adamant in the past that they would rather ask consumers to wait than release a game they feel is not ready. If they discover some problem in late-game development and have to delay (which seems to be a fairly common occurrence these days) I don't doubt they'll delay it. Most of the stuff things are delayed for in the late stages aren't something you can just throw more guys at to speed up the process, and I hope to never see the day when they say "fuck it we want the holiday sales numbers, just ship it".
    Thats why I said almost zero.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Melding wrote: »
    New Zelda U woudl be a game i would play if it's a four player co-op zelda 2 where you play as link, zelda, impa, or shiek (from another timeline) to stop dark link.

So you're writing Hyrule Warriors 2 eh

heh "writing" like i don't already have a 500 page script already finished. heh.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Holy shit shirtless Link is ripped

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    All I know about Zelda U is that the world will be as big as the WiiU can handle.

I read that somewhere.

• Options
    edited February 2015
    All I know about Zelda U is that the world will be as big as the WiiU can handle.

I read that somewhere.
    Xenoblade chronicles is 27 gigs and that world is massive but I doubt Zeda will reach that size

King Riptor on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    hey @UnbreakableVow, do you think you could talk about what changed your mind about majoras?

I just realized I have access to every main line zelda other than majoras now that I rebought TP

I may give it another try as part of a complete run, though I'm curious what changed your mind

For me the first time I ran out of time and had to redo stuff it was a complete 'nope', which seemed to be where you were, but you've turned the corner so I was curious what changed your mind

The prospect of actually doing all that pre-ocarina stuff seemed way more irritating than it actually was - the second time time I did that stuff it took me a total of like ten minutes, and then I just had to find the last kid (he was by the laundry pool in a box), which didn't take me that long

I mean, I came to a bit of a negative realization when I realized that all my story work (purifying the swamp) will be undone as soon as I play the Song of Time, and hopefully the way in which they streamline that process will be sufficient enough to not make it annoying

I'm not like head-over-heels in love with it yet to be sure, I've only done one dungeon (but the dungeon had a very fun lead-up to it and the dungeon was fun in itself), and I think I have to stop myself from doing anything except what the game explicitly tells me to do. For example, when I went to the swamp and saw the Deku there that had the swamp deed, for some reason I thought that would be necessary in getting into the temple, so I reset time, grabbed the moon's tear, traded it to the town Deku, got his deed, and took it to the swamp Deku and exchanged it for his deed. And then that flower didn't really do anything except get me a heart piece. I mean, a bit of progress was made, so that was cool, but on the other hand I just wasted time when I was trying to do a dungeon thing

I don't know. It's a very weird game, and for that alone I'm finding it really interesting. It feels risky in a way I don't immediately hate (unlike Skyward Sword)

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Somebody did some quick figuring once on the raw size of the Zelda U map

It's actually kind of worrying just because it's so god damn colossal

Seeing how they handle navigation in a world that size will be very interesting

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    hey @UnbreakableVow, do you think you could talk about what changed your mind about majoras?

I just realized I have access to every main line zelda other than majoras now that I rebought TP

I may give it another try as part of a complete run, though I'm curious what changed your mind

For me the first time I ran out of time and had to redo stuff it was a complete 'nope', which seemed to be where you were, but you've turned the corner so I was curious what changed your mind

The prospect of actually doing all that pre-ocarina stuff seemed way more irritating than it actually was - the second time time I did that stuff it took me a total of like ten minutes, and then I just had to find the last kid (he was by the laundry pool in a box), which didn't take me that long

I mean, I came to a bit of a negative realization when I realized that all my story work (purifying the swamp) will be undone as soon as I play the Song of Time, and hopefully the way in which they streamline that process will be sufficient enough to not make it annoying

I'm not like head-over-heels in love with it yet to be sure, I've only done one dungeon (but the dungeon had a very fun lead-up to it and the dungeon was fun in itself), and I think I have to stop myself from doing anything except what the game explicitly tells me to do. For example, when I went to the swamp and saw the Deku there that had the swamp deed, for some reason I thought that would be necessary in getting into the temple, so I reset time, grabbed the moon's tear, traded it to the town Deku, got his deed, and took it to the swamp Deku and exchanged it for his deed. And then that flower didn't really do anything except get me a heart piece. I mean, a bit of progress was made, so that was cool, but on the other hand I just wasted time when I was trying to do a dungeon thing

I don't know. It's a very weird game, and for that alone I'm finding it really interesting. It feels risky in a way I don't immediately hate (unlike Skyward Sword)

Cool. Thanks man. We will see if I still have the Zelda itch after playing through TP and Between Worlds

Playing every game in the series might be cool

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    On the TP front: The horse battle with the goblin leader is so damned cool

And the joust on the bridge

So rad

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    On the TP front: The horse battle with the goblin leader is so damned cool

And the joust on the bridge

So rad

That was the part I was most psyched for when I saw it in the trailers and the whole time it was actually happening I was like HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT YES YES YES

• Options

Aonuma said he wanted to put the master cycle from mario kart in his next game.
    Jokingly of course.

"Jokingly"

• Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular

Jokingly of course.

"Jokingly"

Oh god I want that to happen so much

• Options
    Well we know Link's mighty steed, Wyborn, is in the game

so it'd have to be a separate thing

or maybe the horse can turn into a motorcycle

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Well we know Link's mighty steed, Wyborn, is in the game

so it'd have to be a separate thing

or maybe the horse can turn into a motorcycle
    well we were talking about steampunk zelda earlier

• Options
    edited February 2015
    The monsters shown so far are robotic looking maybe you could find it in a dungeon. Skyward sword sorta busted the door open on technology existing in hyrule so it probably wouldn't be out of place

King Riptor on
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular

Jokingly of course.

"Jokingly"

Source?

Because I made a joke/wish/premonition about that in this thread last night

• Options
    I saw it in a g&t Zelda thread ages ago.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Give me my Tron Zelda

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Give me my Tron Zelda

the triforce is a computer chip

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    I wish I'd played more Zelda games. Only ones I've ever owned are oracle of ages/seasons on the GBC, and I loved the shit outta them. May try to play through the N64 ocarina and majora's mask games on my roommates system

• Options
    Oghulk wrote: »
    I wish I'd played more Zelda games. Only ones I've ever owned are oracle of ages/seasons on the GBC, and I loved the shit outta them. May try to play through the N64 ocarina and majora's mask games on my roommates system

there are a LOT of ways to play lttp and I suggest you do so if at all possible

• Options
    I have to sumo wrestle this old goron

don't touch me with your rock nipples dude

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Give me my Tron Zelda

Give me my Tron everything.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    I love the open dishonesty that comes with the sumo wrestling in TP

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular

yeah I'm gonna look into that Thursday/Friday. it looks like a fun game and right up my alley (the top-down 2d zelda games were so much fun to me. 3d just felt super weird on the N64)

how'd the Wii zelda games hold up? roommate has a Wii as well

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

yeah I'm gonna look into that Thursday/Friday. it looks like a fun game and right up my alley (the top-down 2d zelda games were so much fun to me. 3d just felt super weird on the N64)

they're both very good

if you have to pick one, try skyward sword. because if you can't stand the controls there's always twilight princess.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Yo can we talk about how I'm the only person excited about the new Kirby game coming out this week

• Options
    Whippy wrote: »
    Yo can we talk about how I'm the only person excited about the new Kirby game coming out this week

For some reason I am expecting I won't like it and yet am going to spend $40 on it anyways

• Options
    SilverWind wrote: »
    I love the open dishonesty that comes with the sumo wrestling in TP

Listen dude

You're huge

I'm gonna cheat

is that cool

• Options

I'm excited whippy!

• Options

Its not my cup of tea but Im glad people are excited

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    i really liked canvas curse you guys

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    what is this new kirby game

the last kirby I played was the DS one with the drawing the rainbow line I think

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    If the new kirby game wasn't claymation I'd probably be pretty excited.

But it is and claymation creeps me the hell out so...

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options

they're both a little divisive

a lot of people don't like Skyward Swords controls (and I have some other issues with it but I won't get into them), but it has solid dungeons and a cool story

Twilight Princess is often considered kind of average for a Zelda game but I am actually playing it right now and still totally love it

• Options
    turtleant wrote: »
    If the new kirby game wasn't claymation I'd probably be pretty excited.

But it is and claymation creeps me the hell out so...

!!!

Another one!

• Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    what is this new kirby game

the last kirby I played was the DS one with the drawing the rainbow line I think

guess what

its that

• Options
    I probably won't pick it up right away though because I got burnt on captain toad

This discussion has been closed.