As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PHALLA!] Phalla Arcade

1192021222325»

• Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Who?
    [Edit]
    Well, it turned out Frosteey was a GT Alt, but our protection was irrelevant anyway and the GT didn't succeed in their kill anyway.

Oh well.

LaOs on
  • Options
    cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Soo... how 'bout them roles?

cheez on
  • Options
    NATIKNATIK DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Our Protection never extended beyond goatse influence, the only ones in this game immune to Bans from either votes or admins were LaOs and I and we could not project that power onto others. Therefore it didnt matter whether we protected GTs as they would never GT kill themselves.

NATIK on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    NATIK wrote: »
    Our Protection never extended beyond goatse influence, the only ones in this game immune to Bans from either votes or admins were LaOs and I and we could not project that power onto others. Therefore it didnt matter whether we protected GTs as they would never GT kill themselves.

Also, for the record, we could not protect ourselves from GT attacks.

LaOs on
  • Options
    NATIKNATIK DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    LaOs wrote: »
    NATIK wrote: »

Also, for the record, we could not protect ourselves from GT attacks.

But we could protect each other.

NATIK on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Hopefully awaiting El Jeffe's role list
    (And not letting this thread slip to page 2)

durax on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Good idea!

LaOs on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    !vote Fuzzy cumulonimbus cloud
    !vote Laos

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    !Fuzzy Plus 1 SP Pointz!

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2007
    The much awaited and much delayed role list!
    Plain Ol Forumer
    There’s nothing special about you. Half the time, people don’t even remember who the hell you are. You nurse the hope that someday you might become a moderator, because that may serve as a ticket out of obscurity. Plain Ol Forumers get the following powers:

- You may combine with four other Plain Ol Forumers to form Voltron. Nah, just kidding, you don’t get shit. There’s nothing special about you, remember?

Moderators (3)
    Moderators are elected by popular vote. On days when there are mod vacancies, each person may vote for one individual to be a mod. Those with the highest vote counts at the close of voting will be made mods the following day. Once you’re a mod, you’re a mod for life; there is no way to remove you, unless you’re banned, blocked, or you willingly resign. The mods collectively have the following powers:

- Once per night, the mods may decided upon one person to ban. The decision doesn’t have to be unanimous. If there is a tie, the target will be chosen randomly by the admin. As long as any one mod selects a target, a mod-ban will occur.

- The mods may veto the public ban vote. This requires unanimous consensus among current mods. (If there are only two mods unbanned on a current night, only those two need to vote for a veto). There will be no vote-by-proxies on this – all the mods must be around to veto the vote in person, or it doesn’t happen.

If a mod is banned or blocked on a given night, the vote for his replacement will take place the following day. If a mod resigns, the vote will take place immediately. If a mod resigns 5 minutes before the vote closes, the regs have 5 minutes to vote for a replacement. If no votes for a new mod are made by the close of voting, the vote will occur on the next day, as if the mod had died.

In the event of a tie vote, the modship is granted randomly to one of the top vote-getters.

Big Fish (2)
    Every forum has a few big fish – posters who, for whatever reason, have some extra clout. People listen to them. People admire them. Sometimes people send them pictures of themselves naked. They are hot shit. Big Fish have the following power:

- All votes made by a Big Fish count triple.

Due to forum rivalry, though, members of the opposite forum don’t much cotton to you and your ilk. You won’t be a Big Fish when you join the opposite forum, you’ll be a Persona Non Grata.

Persona Non Grata (2)
    Every forum also has a few people that are just flat-out hated. Nobody listens to them, and nobody likes them. People are likely to form opinions in direct opposition to anything this person says, just out of simple spite. Personas Non Grata have the following power:

- All votes made by a Persona Non Grata count negative. That is, they detract from the vote count for the vote getter.

Due to forum rivalry, though, members of the opposite forum aren’t keen to listen to you. If everyone else thought you were a fucking toolbox, well, then maybe you’re okay after all. When you join the opposite forum, you’ll stop being a Persona Non Grata and start being a Big Fish.

Analysts (2)
    You’re a pretty smart cookie, and you know all about the ins and outs of IPs and ISPs and other assorted acronyms. You’re on the lookout for these nasty goatse’ers, and you’re keeping tabs on the posts the other folks are making. How? I dunno, maybe you mine a data spike, or spike a data mine, or something. Do I look like an IT expert? Analysts have the following power:

- Once every other day, each analyst may see if one person is a goatse’er. Analysts cannot deduce any other powers or roles. Analysts operate on alternating days.

Coworkers (2 sets of 2)
    You’re not the only one at your office who spends his time goofing around on message boards when he should be working. No, you have a buddy who also flushes productivity down the drain. You’re pretty damned sure that he’s not the one spamming goatse all over the place, and so you trust him. You trust him not to post goatse, anyway. He’s sort of a dipshit, so you don’t trust him with much anything else. Coworkers get the following power:

- Each set of coworkers know who each other are at the outset. Yup, that’s it. Sort of a lame power.

Alt (1 set of 2)
    For some inexplicable reason, you derive great pleasure from pretending to be two people. Sometimes you even go so far as to use one alt to pat the other alt on the back for a good argument or a pithy quote. That time you got into an argument with yourself and called yourself an incontinent goat roper and then refused to talk to yourself for a month was a little much, but hey, whatever floats your boat. Alts get the following powers:

- The pair of people comprising an alt are, for all intents and purposes, the same person. You know that the other half of your alt pair is innocent of all wrong doing, because you’re him. However, you also share the same fate – if one of you is banned or blocked, the other goes with him.

Jr. Admin (1)
    You’re second in command, yessiree. You’re head honcho round these parts, at least when the real admin isn’t around. You’ve elevated yourself to the shotgun position amongst a bunch of people who sit around posting dick jokes and obsessing over geek wares. Congratulations, I’m sure your mother is proud. The Jr. Admin gets the following powers:

- The Jr. Admin cannot be voted off, and he cannot be banned by the mod staff. He can only be booted by the goatse’ers.
    - Once per day, the Jr. Admin can use the magical powers of the intarweb to protect someone from being blocked. It has something to do with blocking email, I think. Or maybe it involves digital gnomes, I dunno.

Goatse Technician (3)
    You sick fuck. You disgusting, depraved waste of DNA. For some ungodly reason, you delight in creating alts for the sole purpose of spamming forums with gaping asshole. Oh, but you don’t stop there, no. You don’t just post pictures of yawning orifices, you then hunt down people’s places of employment and send their HR departments emails informing them of the existence of said orifices. You post monstrous manholes, and you get innocent forumers blocked from their forums. You make me nauseated. Goatse technicians get the following powers:

- Once per day, your team collectively chooses one member of your forum to attack. This person will wind up having his forum blocked from viewing from work, eliminating him. (In Phalla terms, he gets killed.)
    - On a night when you’re scheduled to be banned by vote, you get to take someone with you. Consider it a surprise goatse-ing. You must send in the order to take the person with you before the close of the vote on the day you’re banned, though. If the vote closes and you’re the highest vote-getter and you haven’t sent in a retaliation order, tough noogies.
    - If a Goatse Technician from the opposing forum joins your forum, you’re made aware of his presence and identity. Think of it as sphincter-sense. He’s not made aware of you, though, so if your team wishes to remain secret, you may.

Goatse Alt (1)
    You’re the alt of a Goatse Technician. You are, for all intents and purposes, the same person. You know the identity of the Goatse’ers, and you’re rooting for them to spam man-ass all over the damned place. Yes, you’re one of the bad guys. Goatse Alts get the following powers:

- As the angelic half of a vile goatse’er, any attempts to determine your innocence will show you to be guilt-free. In Phalla terms, you seer as a good guy.
    - On the down side, you’re basically the same person as your alt. If he gets banned, you get banned along with him.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    http://raak.proboards99.com/index.cgi

this should've opened the boards some of us were using.

Raakam on
    My padherder
    they don't it be like it is but it do
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Quite some entertaining reading. Thanks, Raakam!
    (I thought you couldn't be anonymous and had to use your Forum name if you communicated outside of the threads/PMs?)

LaOs on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    LaOs wrote: »
    Quite some entertaining reading. Thanks, Raakam!
    (I thought you couldn't be anonymous and had to use your Forum name if you communicated outside of the threads/PMs?)

That is correct.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Dirty cheating goodies.

LaOs on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I feel special to have been one of the first "ultra goatse'd" folks.

Just too cool for my own good.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I think one way that this game could have been more balanced was if the bad guys could eliminate people with only one ban like their ultra goatse'd.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411