As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MetaGames? Streetpass? PAX games within a game within a...you get the picture.

Bladed CicadaBladed Cicada Registered User regular
edited March 2015 in PAX West
What do you get when you cross a game and, oh I don't know, let's say reality? Metagaming! Now, not to say games don't take place in reality but several times a year we all converge on our cities of choice to celebrate gaming in all of it's glory! Together! And when you get in upwards of 25,000 people a day together for gaming it creates even more, sometimes missed, opportunities to play games while waiting in line, running from venue to venue or just as an expo hall cool down. Let's discuss any past and current games we have played in the past, know a little about or even would like to organize anew. These range from drinking game/pub crawls, Streetpass, Dr. Exoskeleton, promotions, after parties or what have you. Will there be anything new this year? Maybe it'll happen here first! Ready? Go!

Boy Howdy, Dr. Exoskeleton was a fun go the year I did it. Found a golden envelope in a random WSCC hallway and the game was on. Ran ALL over the convention center those three days.

Bladed Cicada on

• Options
    bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    Ingress :)

PAX Prime 2022 Checklist:[ ]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Bobcats [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Forum Badge
    eIMwu3s.png
  • Options
    I3izzyI3izzy Nonofficial member of the F5 brigade FG, ORRegistered User regular
    Is this similar to the waiting in lines for another lines games I play every year? :)

ZYseqtZ.png
  • Options
    Right! Or like camping the site in hope of getting badg...I mean Bobcats. Though as previously stated, an increasingly stressful game.

• Options
    SanDogWepsSanDogWeps Limerick Monger San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Assassin's Ball should hit FlickBarter (or some site that rhymes with it) before too long. Good times had by all. And stabbys....

keyanEQ2_100x400.gif
  • Options
    zealezeale Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    I consider pin trading/collecting my side-game at PAX. It's a constant, subtle hunt on people's lanyards as you walk by, or a more detailed browse with some conversation in the lines.

dgiab0m7h15x.png

• Options
    Forum Pin/buttons are fun too! ( I hear, as I haven't made one myself) but then we meet in person and have sweet buttons to trade. I'm sure that thread will be around soon enough... ::ehem::

• Options
    SanDogWepsSanDogWeps Limerick Monger San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Yeah - the Buttoneers are a blast, too. Reminds me, I need to get mine ready to go...

keyanEQ2_100x400.gif
  • Options
    SolelronSolelron Wandering Gamer Cornelius, ORRegistered User regular
    you know..I never thought about it, but doing a ribbon instead of a button would be kinda neat LOL :)

• Options
    DapperPumpkinDapperPumpkin Registered User regular
    I'm looking forward to trying Buttoneering for the first time.

• Options
    vidvid Hot Dog Wizard PDXRegistered User regular
    Ingress :)

As a traveler from Orlando, I've got to say that I was VERY proud to hit Level 8 by capturing the Space Needle a few days before PAX 2014. The Seattle Ingress community is quite a welcoming bunch, too.

55ymlH2.png