As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Quid [CHAT] IV: Danny Elfman is all that.

1545556575860»

• Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Missed class because I locked my keys in my car today.

Highly, highly irritating.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    ...okay, Lisa Ling is not doing as thoroughly awesome a topic as she usually does. This is a woman who snuck herself into North Korea last year.

Now? She's doing the sex lives of crocodiles.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Aegis wrote: »
    I find it ironic that the Idiocy thread is attracting idiots.

It was the roach motel approach, draw the idiots in and then, carpet bomb them!

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Aldo wrote: »
    LaOs wrote: »
    Oboro wrote: »
    So far, my planning for Seattle has sort of hitched up at "4) Arrive; track down Thanatos, kidney punch; move down coastline, kidney punching as I go."

I just don't get how this transitions into "5) Begin prosperous life in Seattle!"

(good morning [chat])

You could kidney punch for hire, I suppose.

OR! Set up a paypal account and take bids from PAers who want Than kidney punched.

And a second account taking bids on who wants to PREVENT Than's kidney to be punched.

Even better!

Soon you will not only be surviving in Seattle, you will be thriving--living it up in style, Oboro!

LaOs on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited October 2007
    Church wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    @ Quid: I was told you would have something to say about my school's administration's insistence that I join the military upon graduation.

Sounds like a great deal if you wanted to be in the military already. I know you're in an odd situation, and I guess the US Military is a good general path to citizenship if that's something you're interested in pursuing. I really hope that you're at, like, Woodward and not at the School of the Americas.

What does this mean?

The school you're attending. School of the Americas (or whatever they're calling it now - the "Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation" apparently) is a pretty horrible place. I hope you're not going there.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    @ Quid: I was told you would have something to say about my school's administration's insistence that I join the military upon graduation.

Sounds like a great deal if you wanted to be in the military already. I know you're in an odd situation, and I guess the US Military is a good general path to citizenship if that's something you're interested in pursuing. I really hope that you're at, like, Woodward and not at the School of the Americas.

What does this mean?

The school you're attending. School of the Americas (or whatever they're calling it now - the "Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation" apparently) is a pretty horrible place. I hope you're not going there.

Never heard of it. This one's name is Georgia Military College.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    On the subject of children soldiers, I was lounging in the Student Center last night and ISO showed Blood Diamond which, aside from showcasing Leonardo DiCaprio, made me cry like six times because of indiscriminate and pointless killing and also child soldiers and ohmigoshen Church<3

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited October 2007

What does this mean?

Never heard of it. This one's name is Georgia Military College.

Okay that one just looks like a run-of-the-mill southern military academy. I assume that since you're there you're okay with what it is.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I'm not so sure he had a choice, Will.

LaOs on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    $4071.85 after paying off all of my immediate debts

Seattle

I will put the fear of Oboro in you!

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    So anyways, We Own the Night comes out today, I hear there is a boob groping scene.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ChurchChurch Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    No, I didn't, Laos. But this place is okay. I'm not allowed to leave the installation, but as I understand it, there's not much to do around here anyway, and the people here are nice, so that's all right. My only real complaint is that we're not given internet access. I've only got it because I jacked an admin's account.

Church on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Oh man, I don't really know Ash_Ketchum at all, but his thing in the ethical will thread was hilarious.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    JohannenJohannen Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    What's wrong with saying that abuse victims only get abused because they're idiots?
    Apart from how they respond to being told such by taking it as one more reason why they deserve to be abused, but hey who cares about that, that just makes them even more of an idiot m i rite?

The thing is, that guy was wrong and just hadn't thought about it beyond his own feelings about the subject.

Yet, the en mass calling him a dick in as many ways as possible so that I have to skip twelve posts just to see one that's on the track of the thread i'm reading can be a little... grating.

Johannen on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    Johannen wrote: »
    What's wrong with saying that abuse victims only get abused because they're idiots?
    Apart from how they respond to being told such by taking it as one more reason why they deserve to be abused, but hey who cares about that, that just makes them even more of an idiot m i rite?

The thing is, that guy was wrong and just hadn't thought about it beyond his own feelings about the subject.

Yet, the en mass calling him a dick in as many ways as possible so that I have to skip twelve posts just to see one that's on the track of the thread i'm reading can be a little... grating.

His continued insistence that "nuh-uh they're idiots" kind of sparks that sort of reply from people who have known and cared about victims of abuse, because that attitude is in fact directly harmful. The rolling-stops bit was one thing, but his attitude actually causes harm to real people and it's not really fair to expect people to say "oh it's just your opinion" in response to that kind of thing.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited October 2007

Yeah I agree with you Joh, there definately seems to be a dogpile mentality here when someone makes a dumb statement you have everyone jumping out of the woodwork to insult someone on it, perhaps it's a way of trying to fit in and be like the cool kids.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Preacher wrote: »

Yeah I agree with you Joh, there definately seems to be a dogpile mentality here when someone makes a dumb statement you have everyone jumping out of the woodwork to insult someone on it, perhaps it's a way of trying to fit in and be like the cool kids.

Yeah, it can often be a bit much at times.

Leitner on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Wiki wrote:
    Notable Moxie mixed drinks include the “Welfare Mom”, which consists of equal parts Diet Moxie and Allen's Coffee Flavored Brandy; the “County Girl”, a drink made up of one part bourbon whiskey and two parts Moxie on the rocks, with an optional lime garnish; the "Mad Mailman", a mixture of Moxie and Jägermeister; and "The Vijay", which consists of one part Moxie and one part blended American Whiskey. Many people, even those who do not like the soda on its own, find it superb, refreshing and relaxing when mixed with Jack Daniels.[7]

I should try one of these tonight. I'd like to like moxie, and it's hard to turn down a drink called a "Welfare Mom" even if it is disgusting.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Wiki wrote:
    Notable Moxie mixed drinks include the “Welfare Mom”, which consists of equal parts Diet Moxie and Allen's Coffee Flavored Brandy; the “County Girl”, a drink made up of one part bourbon whiskey and two parts Moxie on the rocks, with an optional lime garnish; the "Mad Mailman", a mixture of Moxie and Jägermeister; and "The Vijay", which consists of one part Moxie and one part blended American Whiskey. Many people, even those who do not like the soda on its own, find it superb, refreshing and relaxing when mixed with Jack Daniels.[7]

I should try one of these tonight. I'd like to like moxie, and it's hard to turn down a drink called a "Welfare Mom" even if it is disgusting.
    Moxie is horrible. It's like.... there's not even a comparison or simile for it.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Oh Church, you little rascal.

LaOs on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    2:30-3:00 50 cent pints
    3:00-4:00 1 dollar pints
    4:00-6:00 2 dollar pints
    7:30-9:30 Adelaide United winning 4-1
    10:00-2:00 About 30 bucks worth of free pool

Today has been a very good day.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

His continued insistence that "nuh-uh they're idiots" kind of sparks that sort of reply from people who have known and cared about victims of abuse, because that attitude is in fact directly harmful. The rolling-stops bit was one thing, but his attitude actually causes harm to real people and it's not really fair to expect people to say "oh it's just your opinion" in response to that kind of thing.
    Wait what?! Who the hell said abused people deserve it.

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    Wait what?! Who the hell said abused people deserve it.

Abuse victims tell themselves that when you say they're idiots for staying with their abusers. That's what makes that particular empirically false statement also directly harmful to real people.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2007
    20000607h.jpg

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.