As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

FOR SCIENCE! A Space Pirate Phalla [Phalla] - Sheegoth and Village Corpse Victory!

1333435363739»

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    Oh that reminds me, I think the miller thing was a really great idea, but could have been implemented to make it meaningful later in the game.

Like, by around day four we were pretty sure it was nothing, and especially when baidol examined infidel and confirmed publicly that he was not maddened, we knew that the designation could be ignored.

but if the phazon itself could be a metric for something, or tied to someone's win condition in some way, etc., it could be made relevant for longer. Might be too many things to keep track of though.

Yeah, I was convinced we were looking at a situation where Dark Samus won if we all had Phazon madness and could eat us or something weird like that.

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Wildcat wrote: »
    No worries @SLyM !

@Infidel Sorry dude, but when I seer people as 'a slavering Phazon mutant' it tends to make me not want to network with them. Dragon was being used as my go-between with anyone I seered.

Glad to see my instincts about people were generally on, though I apologise profusely for being inactive on Day 1. That is my own fault but especially intolerable for a seer.

Then you had information that the village could have used re: confirming the miller stuff.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »
    Then you had information that the village could have used re: confirming the miller stuff.

And no way to know that or to trust you, so I am unmoved.

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    No worries @SLyM !

@Infidel Sorry dude, but when I seer people as 'a slavering Phazon mutant' it tends to make me not want to network with them. Dragon was being used as my go-between with anyone I seered.

Glad to see my instincts about people were generally on, though I apologise profusely for being inactive on Day 1. That is my own fault but especially intolerable for a seer.

He was in communication with dragon and presumably whatever villagers he looked at before he died. And we figured that stuff out pretty damn early anyway. I'm not sure what you fault him with; he seered a miller, it's a weird situation to be in.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    CesareB wrote: »
    No worries @SLyM !

He was in communication with dragon and presumably whatever villagers he looked at before he died. And we figured that stuff out pretty damn early anyway. I'm not sure what you fault him with; he seered a miller, it's a weird situation to be in.

He knew that it was a miller because he knew that I was one of them, and my actions (and arguments counter) would all be cleared up if he shared.

And he wouldn't have died if he communicated with the actual network. :tell_me_more:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    No worries @SLyM !

He knew that it was a miller because he knew that I was one of them, and my actions (and arguments counter) would all be cleared up if he shared.

And he wouldn't have died if he communicated with the actual network. :tell_me_more:

I assume he told the people he trusted the results of your seering. In any case the day you killed discrider was the first day we had any good evidence to say "hey Infidel really is a good guy" rather than just "Infidel being a jerk isn't evidence of him being a bad guy," and well I think the village as a whole pretty much agreed that phazon-maddened probably wasn't a big deal at that point. I mean maybe that was just me. But still no need for our one non-outed seer to make himself known. Unfortunate that you guys decided to kill him but I don't think he had much reason to expect that you might.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Pretty much that, yeah. Infidel is someone I don't trust until I see a seering in black and White, and sadly that steering came up Mafia.

Wildcat on
  • Options
    Yeah, and I'm saying that's why you died and why village didn't communicate really useful info you had.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Yeah, and I'm saying that's why you died and why village didn't communicate really useful info you had.

And that still doesn't make me wrong.

• Options
    What does it make you?

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Overly cautious! :(

• Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Why would you seer Infidel anyways, it's pretty obvious by like day 3 whether he's village or mafia.

If the votes he is making are on sensible targets, he's village.

If he's voting for weak ( IE: easily bandwagonable ) players that read more like clueless villagers making some mistakes, he's mafia. Also, you should probably say something about it because Infidel will swing a lot of votes in his favor in your average game.

It's always in mafia-Infidel's interest to get as many innocents lynched as possible. No point in playing a long con when he can just get vote records as muddied as possible with multiple mislynches and the vig will probably target him early anyways because he's Infidel.

• Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    Also, I enjoyed watching this phalla :^:

• Options
    Also, I enjoyed watching this phalla :^:

Me too!

Oh wait I was playing :surprised:

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Oh that reminds me, I think the miller thing was a really great idea, but could have been implemented to make it meaningful later in the game.

Like, by around day four we were pretty sure it was nothing, and especially when baidol examined infidel and confirmed publicly that he was not maddened, we knew that the designation could be ignored.

but if the phazon itself could be a metric for something, or tied to someone's win condition in some way, etc., it could be made relevant for longer. Might be too many things to keep track of though.

Yeah, I was convinced we were looking at a situation where Dark Samus won if we all had Phazon madness and could eat us or something weird like that.
    I thought about it, but I wasn't really sure what an alternate style win condition might do to the balance, so I tried to take it one step at a time. Also the phazon in general was a headache for me to keep track of. So maybe in the future.
    That being said I really enjoy watching what people think might be roles/abilities/mechanics in the game. Particularly this:
    Apr 1, 2015 9:25:35 GMT -6 obbi said:
    flarne Avatar
    Apr 1, 2015 3:15:39 GMT -6 flarne said:
    But maybe the queen is crazy OP.
    Maybe you can spawn more Metroids.
    Just fucking recruit people into the game to play on our side.
    I FIND THIS VERY LIKELY
    Day 10:

B:L has joined the game because reasons.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I thought about it, but I wasn't really sure what an alternate style win condition might do to the balance, so I tried to take it one step at a time. Also the phazon in general was a headache for me to keep track of. So maybe in the future.
    That being said I really enjoy watching what people think might be roles/abilities/mechanics in the game. Particularly this:
    flarne Avatar
    I FIND THIS VERY LIKELY
    Day 10:

Ooooh! I have a new idea!

Invictus on
    Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

flarne Avatar
    I FIND THIS VERY LIKELY
    Day 10:

Yeah. One of the most fun things about Denizen Phalla was watching people try to figure out what the hell was going on. I should maybe do another of those.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular

flarne Avatar
    I FIND THIS VERY LIKELY
    Day 10:

Yeah. One of the most fun things about Denizen Phalla was watching people try to figure out what the hell was going on. I should maybe do another of those.

I just read through the second one you ran. I have no idea where I was during those two games, I didn't even notice they were going on.
    I agree that you should do another. Looked like a lot of fun!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options

flarne Avatar
    I FIND THIS VERY LIKELY
    Day 10:

I just read through the second one you ran. I have no idea where I was during those two games, I didn't even notice they were going on.

The first one of those had, easily, the most frustrating day of phalla in my time playing.

• Options

flarne Avatar
    I FIND THIS VERY LIKELY
    Day 10:

The first one of those had, easily, the most frustrating day of phalla in my time playing.

And I was part of the mafia that had to deal with (read get slaughtered by) Immortal Prince Langly.

• Options
    Ghostly ClockworkGhostly Clockwork Registered User regular
    That was a fun game, no question! Thanks for running it! I had some fun with it, even through I got roleblocked from day two onwards! But eh, had little choice in reveling myself, and at the least was able to act as a bit of a mouthpiece between other people, had a soft network of 3-4 people going.

And I do agree that sometimes we need to step back and remember we're playing a game for fun here.

FTC: honk.
    FTC: HONK.

HLRpxno.png
    PAX Prime 2014 Resistance Tournament Winner
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Another quick note, whenever someone has the ability to attack, it might be nice to know the results of the attack. It would've been helpful for me at least, to know if I'm hitting targets that reduce my damage or are straight immune. For the few allies my role had, I think this would've helped me find them.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Ardor wrote: »
    Another quick note, whenever someone has the ability to attack, it might be nice to know the results of the attack. It would've been helpful for me at least, to know if I'm hitting targets that reduce my damage or are straight immune. For the few allies my role had, I think this would've helped me find them.

That's nice to know, but there are definitely mechanical/balance concerns why this can't fit into every game with an attack.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Also, even more stuff to track for PMs!

Definitely a place for StatBlock...

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Ardor wrote: »

That's nice to know, but there are definitely mechanical/balance concerns why this can't fit into every game with an attack.

Perhaps, but for my role, I was basically looking for things that would probably survive my attacks as they were potentially my only allies in the game. At the bare minimum, it might be nice to know if my attack even hit or not.

It provides information, and information is crucial in games like this I feel, so it's tough when one potentially good method of obtaining information was a no-go.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular

flarne Avatar
    I FIND THIS VERY LIKELY
    Day 10:

And I was part of the mafia that had to deal with (read get slaughtered by) Immortal Prince Langly.

I felt like I kind of relived that game in this one, actually.

• Options

Yes I would have forgotten something with another ball in the air.
    Although, even in statblock games, I don't think we always knew what we hit. I can't remember though.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited April 2015

flarne Avatar
    I FIND THIS VERY LIKELY
    Day 10:

I really had a good time running that first one. I was just looking it over and I'd forgotten that TRV, Mikey, MrT, Egos, and even Vertroue were all going nuts with images / youtube.

Also the divining rods. So satisfying as an old-school withholding adversarial DM.

Auralynx on
  • Options

Yes I would have forgotten something with another ball in the air.
    Although, even in statblock games, I don't think we always knew what we hit. I can't remember though.

Most of the time there was feedback of some sort.

Discerning vulnerabilities from the damage value was a fun part...

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular

flarne Avatar
    I FIND THIS VERY LIKELY
    Day 10:

I really had a good time running that first one. I was just looking it over and I'd forgotten that TRV, Mikey, MrT, Egos, and even Vertroue were all going nuts with images / youtube.

Also the divining rods. So satisfying as an old-school withholding adversarial DM.

Oh man, the divining rods! That was super fun to hand those out like candy.