• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Or a big mystery surprise

Once, it was a £200,000 combine harvester

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    I cancelled my work trip because of puking

what a shitty couple of days

emerson is sick too (I suspect she is the weak link which allowed this sickness into my home, past the glyphs on the threshold)

and now soy's had diarrhea a couple of times today

oh lawd

That sucks dawg

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    I met @Atomika that was p awesome

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Roast in the oven.

Potatoes and onions with it.

I seared it before putting it in with garlic infused olive oil I made.

Has some pepper, rosemary and thyme on it.

My house is going to smell so good for a few hours while it slowly cooks.

ETA: 6:30ish? It is only 2 lbs which is why.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Shivahn wrote: »
    ChelleYeah wrote: »
    I finally shipped the Christmas present I've been slowly making for Ell for the last four months (SO PUNCTUAL) and the guy at the shipping place couldn't stop complimenting me on them. I am pretty pleased, because my OCD makes it really hard to tell when I've done something well an when it's terrible. I perceive everything through a weird lens.

I know how you feel, I'm the same way. Perfectionism is a curse. What did you make?

I made some body oils (lavender, vanilla, mint, and rose) and then I put them in some square-bottomed bottles, then etched the bottles with pictures of what's inside. So there's lavender body oil in a corked bottle with an etched lavender sprig, then mint leaves for mint, vanilla stalks for vanilla, and... well, a rose for the rose. I am most pleased with the rose, which somehow turned out the best despite being omfg complex.

How nice! Sounds way better than my attempt at Lud's present. We have a huge tub and its awesome to take baths in and lud likes to use bath bombs and I can say that now because he cant actually come in and deny it anymore. heh..... So anyway I tried to make fizzy bath bombs. I wanted them to be lavender colored but they turned out kind of greyish? And didnt really fizz. And also they didnt solidify for like days until after christmas :( My biggest craft fail to date! Oh well. :)

Aww but that is a lovely idea <3

Also "days after Christmas"

This is my 2014 Christmas gift :P

You're lucky you're pretty :P

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    elldren r u traveling?

what's the occasion?

sig.gif
  • Options
    elldren r u traveling?

what's the occasion?

My brothers bachelor party

But it is over and I'm just waiting to go home now

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Elldren wrote: »
    I finally shipped the Christmas present I've been slowly making for Ell for the last four months (SO PUNCTUAL) and the guy at the shipping place couldn't stop complimenting me on them. I am pretty pleased, because my OCD makes it really hard to tell when I've done something well an when it's terrible. I perceive everything through a weird lens.

I know how you feel, I'm the same way. Perfectionism is a curse. What did you make?

I made some body oils (lavender, vanilla, mint, and rose) and then I put them in some square-bottomed bottles, then etched the bottles with pictures of what's inside. So there's lavender body oil in a corked bottle with an etched lavender sprig, then mint leaves for mint, vanilla stalks for vanilla, and... well, a rose for the rose. I am most pleased with the rose, which somehow turned out the best despite being omfg complex.

How nice! Sounds way better than my attempt at Lud's present. We have a huge tub and its awesome to take baths in and lud likes to use bath bombs and I can say that now because he cant actually come in and deny it anymore. heh..... So anyway I tried to make fizzy bath bombs. I wanted them to be lavender colored but they turned out kind of greyish? And didnt really fizz. And also they didnt solidify for like days until after christmas :( My biggest craft fail to date! Oh well. :)

Aww but that is a lovely idea <3

Also "days after Christmas"

This is my 2014 Christmas gift :P

You're lucky you're pretty :P

Well I need something to offset my inability to do anything in a reasonable time frame

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Zephiran wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »
    dark souls are synonym for hard will give me aneurysm pls no

THE

DARK

SOULS

OF PERSONA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq6fc7uUp0g

Please, this is really Lucifer's theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFuWf_copM8

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    well i hope it was fun!

sig.gif
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I had to bail on Gravity's Rainbow. Some parts of it were really good, but it was just too much.

I went to a talk by a professor at my school who was trying to write a program to help him understand Finnegan's Wake, but he started with Shakespeare.yzzAOCVl.jpg
    This had the complete text of Hamlet on it. Omghuge size http://i.imgur.com/yzzAOCV.jpg

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Was the movie Flushed Away made by the Wallace and Gromit people? The characters look similar but the whole thing is CGI, not stop motion.

Yes.

Curse of the Were-Rabbit, Chicken Run ... those guys do good work.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    My favorite form at work is B12 because all I have to do is scan it and email it. Almost all the other forms I encounter require me to enter at least some information on them.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    I had to bail on Gravity's Rainbow. Some parts of it were really good, but it was just too much.

I went to a talk by a professor at my school who was trying to write a program to help him understand Finnegan's Wake, but he started with Shakespeare.yzzAOCVl.jpg
    This had the complete text of Hamlet on it. Omghuge size http://i.imgur.com/yzzAOCV.jpg

Yeah, I got maybe 1/6th into Gravity's Rainbow and was actually really enjoying it, but at some point I decided it was too long and I had too many things to read. Now that I've got all the time in the universe I guess I'll give it another shot.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Video shows Tulsa police killing man as officer uses gun not Taser 'by mistake'

Eric Harris: I’m losing my breath.’ Second officer: ‘Fuck your breath’

Well that was a mistake to watch.

• Options
    well i hope it was fun!

It was very fun!

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I hadn't considered this before but you know who is probably the most pissed off about this Game of Thrones leak? Apple. This leak takes the show through the end of their exclusivity period.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    . . .and I just added another box of Lootas, Warbikes, Trukk, Boyz, Stormboyz, and a Big Mek with a Shock Attack Gun to my army. That means within about 1 week I have acquired a 1750 points Ork army.

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

I wonder what it is about becoming a policeman that turns you into a monster in human skin

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Vanguard wrote: »
    . . .and I just added another box of Lootas, Warbikes, Trukk, Boyz, Stormboyz, and a Big Mek with a Shock Attack Gun to my army. That means within about 1 week I have acquired a 1750 points Ork army.

The new stormboyz are really great.

I love the loota kits and warbikes.

And boyz are fantastic.

edit: I guess the plastic stormboyz aren't new anymore.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Just kidding, I do know: it's violence, danger, alienation from suspects, and utter unaccountability.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »

I wonder what it is about becoming a policeman that turns you into a monster in human skin

Imagine working at the DMV, except they give you a gun.

• Options

for what it is worth, the officer who did it seems genuinely distraught

he admitted guilt despite being told not to comment by his lawyer and is being charged with murder

the other officer who says "fuck your breath" is a monster though, yes

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    I hadn't considered this before but you know who is probably the most pissed off about this Game of Thrones leak? Apple. This leak takes the show through the end of their exclusivity period.

I thought it was three months, not one. Yeah, its 90 days.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Just kidding, I do know: it's violence, danger, alienation from suspects, and utter unaccountability.

It is a combination of ideology and social/situational pressures. Same as anything that does it with any consistency.

• Options
    I went running outdoors. There were other people and a really bright light it was terrible.

• Options

for what it is worth, the officer who did it seems genuinely distraught

he admitted guilt despite being told not to comment by his lawyer and is being charged with murder

the other officer who says "fuck your breath" is a monster though, yes

The disturbing thing about the shooting officer is how a seventy+ year old semi-retiree was put into the situation in the first place. But he seems like a real human who was just incompetent.

It's the others who make me wonder if Thanatos was really right after all.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    I went running outdoors. There were other people and a really bright light it was terrible.
    are you ok? jesus christ

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    A rare photo of Danky Kang in the wild:
    9541_63b7.jpeg

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    ...But he's with a girl and there is no fursuit?

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_Water_Beach
    Within two hours either side of low tide, it is possible to dig into the sand allowing hot water to escape to the surface forming a hot water pool. The water, with a temperature as hot as 64 °C (147 °F), filters up from two underground fissures located close to each other.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    The sad thing is that in the near-term all this (justified) lash-back against police is only going to make police officers more paranoid and violent.

Lumping all police officers into this group of tyrannical murderers is only going to make them feel like they have to have solidarity with each other.

We really ought to be framing the situation as a conflict between "good cops" and "bad cops", such that cops should want to be associated with the former and outraged with the latter. Framing the situation as "cops" and "general populace" is only going to create more conflict.

• Options
    Speaking of arbitrary violence and utter unaccountability, it's time to grade these short assignments

toodles chat!

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    The sad thing is that in the near-term all this (justified) lash-back against police is only going to make police officers more paranoid and violent.

Lumping all police officers into this group of tyrannical murderers is only going to make them feel like they have to have solidarity with each other.

We really ought to be framing the situation as a conflict between "good cops" and "bad cops", such that cops should want to be associated with the former and outraged with the latter. Framing the situation as "cops" and "general populace" is only going to create more conflict.

That's what 90% of America already thinks. The fringe kooks are lumping officers together.

• Options

It can be framed like that when it's bad cops getting shot instead of fleeing, unarmed black people.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited April 2015
    I also still say that the people who are borrowing HBO Go accounts from friends/family or are torrenting episodes are probably not going to by and large switch over to paying for HBO Now just because they can. Because they could have been paying for it the whole time.

I think HBO Now is more likely to get the people who waited for DVD sets or paid digital downloads who don't have to wait any more.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    I have things and stuff to do today

Instead am internetting from couch

Blah

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015

Is there a conflict between good cops and bad cops though?

edit: wait, this is the [chat] thread, nvm

Mortious on
    Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    I can smell my roast.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus

I've heard tale of this fantasy about how we have anything to do with how "good cops" back "bad cops," but it's rank bullshit. Outside pressure didn't do this, it's just how cops are.

smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.