As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Camp Comic] Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - Flip-Flop

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited April 2015 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - Flip-Flop

Flip-Flop

Flip-Flop

http://campcomic.com/comic/199

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Mr Fish 86Mr Fish 86 Registered User regular
    I know there's only 1 potato, but reading the phrase "Mashed Potato" as in singular, is just weird to me. I don't think I've ever seen it called mashed potato before haha.

• DublinDublin Registered User regular
    Gerrymander! Gerrymander all the way!

• Android 21 3/7Android 21 3/7 Registered User regular
    Mal, just make your own club. That's what my two friends in elementary school did when they got in a fight. And then made me pick sides. And then made up and merged clubs a week or so after guilt tripping me for whatever decision. Never occurred to them to apologize to me for putting me through all that mental anguish either. Kids, man.

• treeflamingotreeflamingo Registered User regular
    "Mashed potato" in the singular cracked me up!

• KestralbKestralb Registered User regular
    Brilliant. Now he needs at least 4 more members to tip things in his favor...at this rate, next it will be 8.

• Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Hahaha so finally Malachi's... Less than savoury habits are coming back to get him! Love it. Love everything about it.

@Mr Fish 86
    @treeflamingo Come to the UK, I've always called it "Mashed Potato", because that's what it is, doens't matter if you're using one or many, it's still potato that's been mashed.

Talyn Rahl on
  • triggertrigger Registered User regular
    At some point, I think Malachi is going to have to go the old "I don't want to be a part of any club that would have me as a member" route.

• SargeSarge Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Talyn Rahl wrote: »
    Hahaha so finally Malachi's... Less than savoury habits are coming back to get him! Love it. Love everything about it.

@Mr Fish 86
    @treeflamingo Come to the UK, I've always called it "Mashed Potato", because that's what it is, doens't matter if you're using one or many, it's still potato that's been mashed.
    Except that the plural form of "potato" is "potatoes" you have a valid point. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go get some potatoes and mash them. When I've done that I shall have some potatoes that I have mashed and thus I will have mashed the potatoes. The result will be a superposition of both mashed potatoe and mashed potatoes until I know which country I am in?! 0_o Dam you English language! Why do you have to be so illogical?

Sarge on
    @Sarge Because me like to mix things up, keeps people on their toes.

• Sensei Le RoofSensei Le Roof Registered User regular
    That's a mighty strong petard you have there.

• dewordedeworde Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Sarge wrote: »
    Talyn Rahl wrote: »
    Except that the plural form of "potato" is "potatoes" you have a valid point. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go get some potatoes and mash them. When I've done that I shall have some potatoes that I have mashed and thus I will have mashed the potatoes. The result will be a superposition of both mashed potatoe and mashed potatoes until I know which country I am in?! 0_o Dam you English language! Why do you have to be so illogical?

Except you do not have some potatoes that you have have mashed. You have a single bowl of potato matter, which is in a mashed state. For example, if you took 12 ice cubes and fed them through a Mr Frosty, you wouldn't normally say you have a bowl of "crushed ice cubes" or "crushed ices", you would say you had some "crushed ice". In both cases, the individual item has lost its separateness, and become part of a new whole, thus losing its plural.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to make a pot of teas, and get a jug of ices waters for my little girl.

deworde on
    This dude gets it :p!

• PetesalzlPetesalzl vorpal blade in hand Registered User regular
    except that point is invalid because you never say ices, ice is the plural of ice, where is potatoes is the plural of potatoe. and having a single bowl of a group of something doesnt automatically make it singular. if i have a bowl of raspberries i wouldnt say bowl of raspberry

• Mr Fish 86Mr Fish 86 Registered User regular
    I am enjoying this Mashed Potato vs Mashed Potatoes conversation!

• deninidenini Registered User new member
    Ugh...just call it potato(e) mash and move on with your lives already.

• MisterMorayMisterMoray Registered User new member
    This mashed potato debate is silly. The implication is that this was the ONLY potato they had.

• Twister2Twister2 Registered User regular
    ...So they don't farm. At All.
    Well, they're gonna die young.
    Also I think that kitty also likes potatoes.

• goldenocelotgoldenocelot Registered User new member
    Malachi is a total narcissist

• Divide By ZeroDivide By Zero Registered User new member
    Trolls, Trolls everywhere.

I propose that is simply be known as "Potato Paste" from here on out.

@divide by zero We could go all gastro pub on it and call it "Pomme Puree"

• meatnerdmeatnerd Registered User regular
    Purée patate

• MRTFMRTF Registered User regular
    To be honest Malachi is digging his own grave lol.

• KraznyKrazny Registered User new member
    Is the kitty...
    hiding just beneath the cook kid's ear in the 4th frame? He's the same shade as a tree, but looking at the 2nd frame, it doesn't look like one of the trees that are there

• briguybriguy Registered User regular
    Krazny wrote: »
    Is the kitty...
    hiding just beneath the cook kid's ear in the 4th frame? He's the same shade as a tree, but looking at the 2nd frame, it doesn't look like one of the trees that are there

You're correct.