As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Camp Comic] Friday, April 17, 2015 - Coup

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited April 2015 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Friday, April 17, 2015 - Coup

Coup

Coup

http://campcomic.com/comic/200

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    wormspeakerwormspeaker Objectively Terrible Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Malachi has a real talent for this.

wormspeaker on
  • Options
    DublinDublin Registered User regular
    In the last panel, it clearly looks like Malchi thinks it's gone out of control too. Brilliant, I say! Brilliant!

• Options
    ShamrockSeraphShamrockSeraph Registered User regular
    Why do I get the feeling that Brian is about to say something that's going to shut everyone up?

• Options
    LovelyLovely Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    The "hidden cat" isn't really hidden, It's not in the shadows at a.. wait, WAIT. ....Malachi recruited one of the cats didn't he? XD

EDIT- Kitty for president!!

Lovely on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    metfanscmetfansc Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Fun kitty this time in the open and everything

metfansc on
  • Options
    DragonDawn85DragonDawn85 Registered User regular
    I think the kitty should be President. Mandatory nap times for everyone!

• Options
    Morgan BlackpowderMorgan Blackpowder Registered User regular
    #KittyForPres2015

• Options
    te-kunte-kun Registered User regular
    Malachi sure is gifted in recruiting all those people. He just should stay away from administration.

• Options
    SlinkerSlinker Comic/animator wannabe www.joakimj.seRegistered User regular
    I vote for Purdy. Always vote for the person with a rifle!

• Options
    baronterrorbaronterror Registered User new member
    this new storyline has really gotten me to not like Mal.

• Options
    SonOfCronSonOfCron Registered User regular
    A vote for Mal is a vote for "Weedonwantcha Works."

• Options
    Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    LoL Malachi is such a tool... You'd think an experience like this would lead to a little soul searching, maybe a change in his ways but NOPE... Not a chance (yet :p, I still have hope for the end of the arc).

Also KITTIE FOR PREZ!! Today's kittie was a tricksy one, I was so focused looking for tiny lil stealth kitties, I didn't notice him right out there in the open.

• Options
    SSBBrawlerSSBBrawler Registered User new member
    You know, after the experience in the woods, I thought that Malachi had matured just a little bit. This is a really weird regression into his self-absorbed behavior.

• Options
    MolePlayingRoughMolePlayingRough Registered User new member
    This feels like regressive writing for the sake of creating needless conflict. Suffice to say these recent chapters have been very weak. Even if this storyline gets better later, its should have never arrived at this point.

• Options
    CaptainProtonDefenderofEarthCaptainProtonDefenderofEarth Registered User new member
    edited April 2015
    I feel as if Malachi's reaction towards his impending impeachment is only natural; the child is merely trying to cling onto what he holds dear most of all--to feel important and valued. He had that, or at the very least, he thought he had that as the vice-president of the animal club thingy. The child has deep narcissistic tendencies that are rather unlikely to go away after a single traumatic encounter in the woods. Its likely that his behavior acts as a defense mechanism; a way to protect his fragile little ego from the harsh realities that brought him to the camp in the first place. Despite the progress made in the forest, I feel as if he will only make significant progress once he confronts his idealized self with his real self.

CaptainProtonDefenderofEarth on
  • Options
    Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Ah well. Looks like adult politics in miniature.
    Ultimately, everybody is self-serving. But they all cancel each other out, leading to nothing being accomplished.

Twenty Sided on
  • Options
    InvertinInvertin Registered User regular
    Come on, comments. People don't magically get over their flaws from a single thing, or everyone would be perfect. Malachi's got a lot more work to do than one bad night before he gets over himself.

• Options
    SIXytSIXyt Esq STLRegistered User regular
    This feels like regressive writing for the sake of creating needless conflict. Suffice to say these recent chapters have been very weak. Even if this storyline gets better later, its should have never arrived at this point.

Booooo strongly disagree my good sir

• Options
    Mr Fish 86Mr Fish 86 Registered User regular
    Whenever Malachai's self-interest overflows like this and I start to sour on his character, I just think of the bunkmate anniversary comic strip:

http://campcomic.com/comic/150

There are a LOT of rough patches with Malachai (this arc being one of them), but I'm sure he'll win me back soon! :)

• Options
    SSBBrawlerSSBBrawler Registered User new member
    @Invertin: Malachi has shown several signs of improving as a person. The bunkiversary, his return from the forest, and several other events. I'm not going to say that he's still not without his flaws, but this is, to me, too much of a step back that came out of nowhere.

• Options
    MRTFMRTF Registered User regular
    Felicitations on the 200th!