As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Internet Providers Puget Sound, Washington State

So clear got bought up by Sprint and goes bye bye in a few months. I'm shopping around and need a replacement asap. Right now internet is barely usable for family business. Emphasis on barely, can't look for work at the speed I want and it gets straight shitty if more than two people are home.

So reasonable internet in the Puget Sound region, important concerns.
  • Budget is $30 a month or so
  • Prefer it be a unit I can plug into a router so I can keep my current home wireless network
  • Would accept the unit being a router itself it the above was not realistic
  • Has to be a wireless receiver so that I plug in here because we have home issues (long story)
  • Cannot be Comcast.

I humbly thank you all for your suggestions and advice.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I'm assuming Frontier and CenturyLink are too expensive? Another option would be some sort of cellular hotspot, depending on the amount of bandwidth/usage cap you need.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I haven't researched those yet. But thank you.

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    I would be leary of CenturyLink, everyone I've ever known that has had them has hated it for their customer service and bills being 2-3x more than what they were supposed to be.

• Options
    So it's November and the shutdown is a day away. Besides, Verizon and century link ($500 old bill on the former and installation for the latter), what are my options for internet in the Seattle area that will be cheaper than $100 a month?

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    So it's November and the shutdown is a day away. Besides, Verizon and century link ($500 old bill on the former and installation for the latter), what are my options for internet in the Seattle area that will be cheaper than $100 a month?

Did you check into Frontier's available services? So far, I've been pretty happy with their FiOS options (except for the first four/five months when I upgraded to their 100/100 service)...but depending on where you live in the Seattle area, it might not be available. From what I've been hearing from my Seattle-friends, they've been pretty much locked into either Comcast or CenturyLink for their residential ISP.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Sadly, not available at our current address. Perhaps after our exodus.

Time to whip out the death certificate

• Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    When I lived in Kitsap, I used Wave Broadband and never had any issues. They should service that side of the Sound, too.

PwH4Ipj.jpg