Options

HAPPY TRANSGENDER DAY OF VISIBILITY

• Options
    ameybesameybes vvvv MERBERNRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    cabsy wrote: »
    ameybes wrote: »
    Yeah definitely.

IME people who are just starting transition are generally super loopy like young teenagers - adopting labels like crazy, getting easily upset, trying to be part of groups and mostly just learning how the world works now. They get a bit more refined but still erratic (thats me right now), before finally settling down (hopefully??) and being an adult.

do you also get to go back to feeling like you know everything ever and everyone else is just too fucking stupid to see how brilliant you are
    In many cases, yes.

eg. "Old transitioners should just shut up and die", "If you start transition after 20 you will never pass", "if you don't have surgery you're not proper trans", "omg all cis people I know need to get with the program immediately even though i only just stopped being entirely transphobic myself", etc

Edit: Just to clarify, these are all dumb things I felt pretty strongly about in early transition but see now are bullshit/internalised transphobia which my empathy has mostly overruled.

ameybes on
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Almost 22 and still waiting for that to go away tbh

Also on Tumblr I saw "ace" to refer to asexual people which I think is cool as hell but I'm wondering if it's an okay thing to refer to them as?

The only asexual person on the boards I can think of is turtleant but I don't know how he'd feel about me @ ing him and putting him on the spot like that

I've had quite a few asexual friends of mine to refer to themselves with 'ace' but obviously that's not concerete

Ace is a shortened term, just like bi. Generally it's not offensive.

• Options
    cabsy wrote: »
    Yeah definitely.

IME people who are just starting transition are generally super loopy like young teenagers - adopting labels like crazy, getting easily upset, trying to be part of groups and mostly just learning how the world works now. They get a bit more refined but still erratic (thats me right now), before finally settling down (hopefully??) and being an adult.

do you also get to go back to feeling like you know everything ever and everyone else is just too fucking stupid to see how brilliant you are
    In many cases, yes.

eg. "Old transitioners should just shut up and die", "If you start transition after 20 you will never pass", "if you don't have surgery you're not proper trans", "omg all cis people I know need to get with the program immediately even though i only just stopped being entirely transphobic myself", etc

Edit: Just to clarify, these are all dumb things I felt pretty strongly about in early transition but see now are bullshit/internalised transphobia which my empathy has mostly overruled.

Just take a look at the things I said in the first trans thread compared to now

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Also, ace sounds super smooth and cool

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Ace is fine to refer to us as, or at least I'm fine with it. How can I not love being called an Ace?

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    I call everyone ace, chief, or boss and there is no force in this world that can stop me.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Also, ace sounds super smooth and cool
    Madican wrote: »
    Ace is fine to refer to us as, or at least I'm fine with it. How can I not love being called an Ace?

Exactly I was like damn what a cool sounding way to refer to a thing that i know a lot of people can feel pretty self conscious about

Like I think having a cool name to refer to it as is a good way for people to feel like it's something that can even be a point of pride for themselves

Or maybe I'm talking out of my ass, that'll happen

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular

I think it's a kind of good video?

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    bahaha

"How do you have sex?"

"Fabulously"

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    bahaha

"How do you have sex?"

"Fabulously"

"At least buy me dinner first."

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Feeling a bit sketch about the whole 'second puberty' thing.

Don't use it as an excuse to dismiss any points a trans person might be making.

On the same token, please also don't use it to dismiss teenagers.

*ollies out of the room*

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    whatever you say, slick

'Slick' is the nickname my dad gave me when I was a tween since I was always fussing with my cowlick specifically and my hair overall. Now that I shave my head, it still fits, but I miss my hair.

It was, no lie, fucking gorgeous.

• Options
    Dubh wrote: »

*ollies out of the room*

Oh yeah definitely.

But just like a teenager those feelings are really intense because you don't have much practice with them. They're new. I've found myself having to deal with those feelings lately. It's hard and nobody understands

• Options
    HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular

*ollies out of the room*

Your skateboard exits are so my favorite thing right now

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    it's not even an original thing!

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    but your exits are made with love

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    if they haven't seen it before, it's original to them.

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    People being called Ace always reminds me of Wild Zero.

• Options
    This just occurred to me

It's Goddamn mind blowing that even in areas that cater to chasers and fetishists, trans women are pushed aside for cis male crossdressers

Like, what the fuck.

• Options
    This just occurred to me

It's Goddamn mind blowing that even in areas that cater to chasers and fetishists, trans women are pushed aside for cis male crossdressers

Like, what the fuck.

[sexy movie preview announcer voice] "In a world where men dressed as women are more influential than actual women..."

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    This just occurred to me

Like, what the fuck.

I am 100% guessing, but I wonder if for a lot of the fetishists, trans women just don't fit their fantasy. Like, maybe some of them just want to be with cis men who are cross dressers.

But I really don't know. And I hate that what I just said is such a stereotype.

Neco on
  • Options
    I'm happy I avoid most chasers

it's because I don't date men

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    HellaJeffHellaJeff FAB FRESH RAIIINBOOWWWWWRegistered User regular
    it's not even an original thing!

The return of a good thing is still a good thing!

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular

*ollies out of the room*

Oh yeah definitely.

But just like a teenager those feelings are really intense because you don't have much practice with them. They're new. I've found myself having to deal with those feelings lately. It's hard and nobody understands

Yeah, a trans friend of mine described her transition as something to the effect of "being a teenage girl for a while."

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    i've been talking to storm chasers too much lately. i was severely confused for a moment there.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Chimera's influence cannot be escaped.

Kinda like a tornado.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    are you saying you're a force of nature, Melding

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    NijaNija Registered User regular
    There was a Sex Nerd Sandra podcast recently about Asexuals. It was a group of people from a local college after an awareness meeting. Most of the people refer to themselves as Ace. They refer to non-asexuals as Allosexual.

The podcast was a little difficult to listen to just because there are like 6 or 7 people that SNS ends up talking to and there are only two mics.

Priest lvl 110 Warlock lvl 9x DK lvl 110 Paladin lvl 9x Rogue lvl 8x

Steam Me
  • Options
    are you saying you're a force of nature, Melding

I've never claimed to be anything else.

• Options
    CliffCliff Registered User regular
    I'm an allosexualsaurus.

• Options
    Neco wrote: »
    This just occurred to me

Like, what the fuck.

I am 100% guessing, but I wonder if for a lot of the fetishists, trans women just don't fit their fantasy. Like, maybe some of them just want to be with cis men who are cross dressers.

But I really don't know. And I hate that what I just said is such a stereotype.

There's this sort of dissonance

First off, cis crossdressers are in bigger supply and noisier.

Second, chasers want the fantasy of the trans woman rather than the trans woman herself. They want everything to pass for cis except the dick.

So you can see why there's very little in the way of actual trans women being serviced by chasers

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Nija wrote: »
    There was a Sex Nerd Sandra podcast recently about Asexuals. It was a group of people from a local college after an awareness meeting. Most of the people refer to themselves as Ace. They refer to non-asexuals as Allosexual.

The podcast was a little difficult to listen to just because there are like 6 or 7 people that SNS ends up talking to and there are only two mics.

Huh, that's the first time I've seen the word allosexual

Wikipedia says that prefix allo is latin for other? Seems like an awkward term

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Allosexual sounds like a cheeky Cockney greeting

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    I am tempted to call myself dinosexual in my twitter profile now but I know people who regularly indulge in Amazon erotic dinosaur lit so I'm not sure the correct message would be conveyed

• Options
    As harmless as you think it is, these jokes don't lend any help to asexual being taken seriously

• Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I don't get the point of allosexual. We're asexuals because we lack sexual attraction to people, at the broadest term without getting into the various types we can fall under. Wouldn't that then make everyone else just sexuals?

• Options
    New proposal: pity fucks don't count toward your virginity. Nor do pressure fucks, rapes, grudge fucks, makeup fucks or any kind of sex with cis men.

This bill has already passed in the house and is awaiting approval by the Senate subcommittee for hahaha fuck you and your patriarchal social constructs. shit's not up for a vote, you cracker ass losers.

• Options
    today's post has been brought to you by the letter "L" and a post on tumblr that made me angry.

This discussion has been closed.