Options

I'm a OLD [Witcher Thread], no longer in use. post in the new one.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    just a psa the maxed out bear armor does not look like the concept art
    ive seen screenies
    i was disappointed too

its okay but its significantly less interesting
    it basically looks like the second armor of the concept art
    there's no huge studded shoulder pads or bear fur.
    in fact instead of bear fur you get a scarf around his neck.

on the other hand the maxed out griffin looks pretty damn good
    if i had any interest in a signs build id be all over it

Links to said bear armor screenshot?

Mastercrafted (highest tier)
    W9yGO9e.jpg

for reference the concept
    V9Lj4xF.jpg

I didn't know that was a concept, I thought it was a picture of the actual in game armor.

It makes sense now that I know it is a concept, but I didn't. So I'm sad.
    I want my bear fur.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Patch 1.04 changelog:

Rebinding any key is now available after switching Unlock Bindings option in Options \ Key bindings submenu.

Corrects an issue in the dialog system that might rarely cause dialog looping in scenes.

Fixes an issue with incorrect behavior of Wild Hunt warriors after they were under the influence of Axii sign.

Corrects a bug causing spontaneous combustion of gas clouds.

1280 x 720 resolution is now properly displaying as valid resolution option.

Fixes boat stuttering in cutscenes.

Texture rendering quality for high / ultra presets improved.

Further improvements in NVIDIA Hairworks performance.

A few additional Gwent cards are now available in the Prologue area.

Fixes an issue where users with usernames using non-latin characters were unable to import saves from Witcher 2.

Overall stability and performance improvements.

Fixes related to alt + tabbing and minimizing game window.

Game icon updated.

Enlarges the size of the loot pop-up window in the UI.

Fixes an issue where, in certain circumstances, the comparison window could be displayed outside of game borders in the UI.

Upgrading set items no longer destroys sockets.

Small UI tweaks for Gwent.

Corrects some missing translations in localized versions.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    just a psa the maxed out bear armor does not look like the concept art
    ive seen screenies
    i was disappointed too

its okay but its significantly less interesting
    it basically looks like the second armor of the concept art
    there's no huge studded shoulder pads or bear fur.
    in fact instead of bear fur you get a scarf around his neck.

on the other hand the maxed out griffin looks pretty damn good
    if i had any interest in a signs build id be all over it

Links to said bear armor screenshot?

Mastercrafted (highest tier)
    W9yGO9e.jpg

for reference the concept
    V9Lj4xF.jpg

I didn't know that was a concept, I thought it was a picture of the actual in game armor.

It makes sense now that I know it is a concept, but I didn't. So I'm sad.
    I want my bear fur.

Eh, give a week for someone to mod it.

• Options
    I hope so!

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    I need to up my 'splorin game. Went back to white orchard to pick up the Places of Power I missed and stumbled across a kick ass steel sword that outstripped my Griffin sword.

Guess whose working his way back through Velen!

• Options
    ButcherButcher Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Just got to Skelleg and my framerate has cratered. Easily 10-15fps less than I was getting in Vellen, mix of high/ultra settings. I guess a 980 isn't enough to rock 1440p... 980 ti best come soon.

Butcher on
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    What's a good place to sell shit? I'm still in Novigrad.

What about farming red mutations?

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Is there a map legend somewhere? I saw some whirlwind symbol on the minimap that doesn't show up on the main map and I don't know what it is. I'd go check it out but it's apparently underground and I've got things to do before running a mile to find an entrance.
    Monger wrote: »
    -I don't know what sort of unsavory acts I have to perform to get red mutagens, but I will do them. Right here, even. Right now. Let's do this. Get your pants off. All of you.

Ten, twenty green or blue mutagens, your choice! Just one lesser red mutagen, m'sirs! Please!

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »
    What's a good place to sell shit? I'm still in Novigrad.

Depends on the item. Blacksmiths sell your weapons to, Armorsmith sell your used gear. Never sell these to Merchants (had one guy offter 117, and then went to local Blacksmith and got 357).

Also, depending on the item, and how much of it you have, if you are strapped for cash think about selling crafting materials. I - after a comical start - had a metric ton of Emerald Dust. I sold about half of it when I needed to buy some plans. Haven't had an issue yet. So far I haven't seen any upgrades that require having more than 10 of an item. 6 is the most I've seen.
    What about farming red mutations?

So far this has been the rarest of the mutagens. Blue drops like candy, followed by green. I have yet to make one Greater Red Mutagen.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    I was just going to hop on and grab the last of the griffin armor quest so I could start fresh tomorrow but I stumbled across a
    ship graveyard
    and time got away from me.

Also, it's bullshit that archers can block attacks before their weapon is even drawn.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    So when a main quest turns blue, that means you have to finish the other to progress? Cause I've advanced as far as I can it seems down the
    Baron's

story path with no new leads, it just says finish the investigation in Velen. So tackle the other main quest?

• Options
    Oh. My. Gee. The alternate mode of Quen explodes if you have the previous talent and release it. And it just looks badass.

Also holy heck Skellige. One week later and I finally make it. That ferry fee though:
    Explored the wreck and got my money back. I totally would have been here sooner if I had known that. . .:O

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    So when a main quest turns blue, that means you have to finish the other to progress? Cause I've advanced as far as I can it seems down the
    Baron's

story path with no new leads, it just says finish the investigation in Velen. So tackle the other main quest?

Not sure about turning blue but yup
    Do the other main quest, the first will solve itself.

• Options
    So hey the new 1.04 patch introduces this new variable
    Mipmap Bias Tweak

v1.04 introduces TextureMipBias, a new [Rendering] setting that is tied to Texture Quality. If you're interested, the ins and outs of Mipmaps can be discovered here. For everyone else, the cliff notes: mipmaps are lower-resolution versions of textures that are utilized to increase performance and minimize VRAM use. In the case of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, mipmaps are aggressively used for the innumerable layers of foliage that can be seen for miles, and for just about every other texture in the game. This improves performance and keeps VRAM requirements down, but results in some lower-quality foliage and surfaces in the immediate vicinity of Geralt.

By reducing the bias, as this new setting does, higher-resolution mipmaps are loaded at near-range, and the rate at which mipmaps are scaled down across distant views is reduced, increasing visible detail considerably. Unfortunately, this also increases aliasing and shimmering on fine detail, such as the mesh shoulder pads of Geralt's starting armor, and the many thin pieces of swaying grass. As the bias is further reduced these problems intensify, though they can be somewhat mitigated by increasing the rendering resolution and by downsampling. Also, make sure to disable sharpening filters, which greatly exacerbate these issues.

Below, we demonstrate the visual impact of TextureMipBias at "0", the v1.03 level, and the level used on Low and Medium Texture Quality settings in v1.04; at "-0.4", the value used for High; at "-1.0", the value used for Ultra; and at "-2.0", our tweaked value.

TLDR: if your frame rate took a hit and you have shimmering on stuff, set it back to 0.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Was I reading right a couple pages ago that people thought the Griffin armor looked bad?

Because you're drunk.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote: »
    I love that you can happen across contract quests in the wild and work through them backwards, and the dialogue even matches.
    I found a cave, went into it, and found some nilfguardian bodies and loot, not much else. I explored with witcher senses inside the cave and found a smell, which lead me outside to some tracks, which led me to tracks showing a patrol, which led me to a wyvern that had killed the patrol.
    After killing the wyvern, got a marker to talk to the nilfguardian quartermaster at the big camp. I walk up and this conversation happens

Geralt: You lose a patrol recently?
    Quartermaster: Yes. You found the notice?
    Geralt: No. I found the bodies.

I know of no other game that does this so well. No other open world game will let you do stuff so seamlessly regardless of how you come across the event. Most would require you to pick up the notice first. It makes the place feel like a real, living world that geralt is just stumbling through.

I'm pretty sure this is the #1 most backwards done contract. I did the exact same thing.
    were you also looking for cat armor?

Same. Also, that's the reason I was in the area, too.

• Options
    JOE_1967JOE_1967 Registered User regular
    Know what I love? Buying something from a merchant, then immediately and accidentally selling it back to him at a great loss. Bonus points if I'm then too poor to buy it again.

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Was I reading right a couple pages ago that people thought the Griffin armor looked bad?

Because you're drunk.

It wasn't me who said that, I just got the whole set today, but the only thing I don't like about it is the way the little string knots on the shoulders flap in the wind.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options

Because you're drunk.

The first version looks cool, the enhanced one is stupid though.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Starting area of Velen finding level 27-30 blueprints in a cave guarded by level 5 nekkers.

Ooooookay, Witcher. I guess I'll just sit on those blueprints for 50 hours.

• Options

Because you're drunk.

I don't like the base chest. The enhanced one with the golden bits is much better. Sadly it's the only thing that that changes (at least from base to enhanced).

• Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Ladies.

CF38Hg4UoAAeY0a.jpg:large

Alternate:
    Bros. Heeeeey bros!

CF39VNKVAAA4d9v.jpg

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Any news on when the console gwent bug is getting fixed?

Id really like to try playing it.

• Options
    WolfprintWolfprint Registered User regular
    I was exploring Velen when I chanced across a minor unmarked location, with a marker next to it.
    It was a hut with a man hanging from a noose from a tree outside.

I pull out a blade and put on Quen.

As I walk in, I see an empty house. To the right of the door is a bed, with a dead woman and a child, flowers strewn over them.

Then it all clicks for me, and I leave them undisturbed.

It is amazing how much can be conveyed without any dialogue.

• Options
    AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    More Witcher the First:

The sex and violence in the game has been pretty tame for the most part, even though I remember hearing stuff was censored?

Then I met the dryad.

Well that sure as hell isn't fucking censored.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Wolfprint wrote: »
    I was exploring Velen when I chanced across a minor unmarked location, with a marker next to it.
    It was a hut with a man hanging from a noose from a tree outside.

I pull out a blade and put on Quen.

As I walk in, I see an empty house. To the right of the door is a bed, with a dead woman and a child, flowers strewn over them.

Then it all clicks for me, and I leave them undisturbed.

It is amazing how much can be conveyed without any dialogue.

I know, and in complete random conversations. It's almost like they did their homework and didn't skip on side content.
    Astale wrote: »
    More Witcher the First:

The sex and violence in the game has been pretty tame for the most part, even though I remember hearing stuff was censored?

Then I met the dryad.

Yeah, if you got the game through GOG, you're getting the original Polish version. :P

I also tried watching the Witcher TV show for a while for kicks. Yeah, very different modesty standards than in the States. :P

• Options
    Any news on when the console gwent bug is getting fixed?

Id really like to try playing it.

What's the bug? Only issue I've had is being unable to play Leaders weather powers sometimes.

• Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Is there a map legend somewhere? I saw some whirlwind symbol on the minimap that doesn't show up on the main map and I don't know what it is. I'd go check it out but it's apparently underground and I've got things to do before running a mile to find an entrance.
    Monger wrote: »
    -I don't know what sort of unsavory acts I have to perform to get red mutagens, but I will do them. Right here, even. Right now. Let's do this. Get your pants off. All of you.

Ten, twenty green or blue mutagens, your choice! Just one lesser red mutagen, m'sirs! Please!
    40 hours. I have 2 lesser reds.

I will beg and feel no shame in it.
    Astale wrote: »
    More Witcher the First:

Then I met the dryad.

They uncensored the models and cards through a director's cut patch relatively early on. They did an uncensoring pass on the script for the Enhanced Edition, as well, when they were re-doing most of the voicing.

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Having played all the games, it's simply insane how much more they packed into W3. It feels more like the game they wanted to make after W1, while W2 is kind of it's own thing. W2 was very focused and politics-heavy, could be finished in about 10 hours. I've already spent more time in W3 just in the first area than W1+2 combined.

If there's anything W2 has over it so far, it's a great antagonist. Letho was awesome.

Butcher on
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    While I kill pretty much anything that catches on fire with Igni, I find it particularly amusing to burn hostile witch hunters to death with it. I'm hoping the last talent for Igni does more than just boost the burn chance after the first point though as I already always burn anything not immune or way above me in level.

Also, I've started encountering characters that wear clothing and not armor and am blown away at how much detail is in the textures. I think this is the first game where I can estimate a thread count.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah, it is really funny to me that even though they are telling a cohesive story ask the Witcher games feel so different.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Dis game.

The number of events that affect other events is quite boggling.

And no decision goes unpunished.

• Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Yeah, it is really funny to me that even though they are telling a cohesive story ask the Witcher games feel so different.

The developers have been pretty open about being influenced by other games when they work on each instance and it's a pretty broad spectrum based on what's impressed them recently. I remember with 2, they were heavily inspired by Batman: Arkham Asylum's combat and wanted to do an RPG version of it. Their narrative style is certainly their own though.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    edited May 2015

W1 is nearly impossible to go back to at this point. A W3 mod that remakes it wouldn't seem crazy if they release mod tools, all of the architecture and dungeons are more or less covered throughout Velen and Kaer Morhen.

Butcher on
  • Options
    WolfprintWolfprint Registered User regular
    edited May 2015

The developers have been pretty open about being influenced by other games when they work on each instance and it's a pretty broad spectrum based on what's impressed them recently. I remember with 2, they were heavily inspired by Batman: Arkham Asylum's combat and wanted to do an RPG version of it. Their narrative style is certainly their own though.

I am still in Velen, being the first area I got to after White Orchard, but I am really impressed with CDPR's storytelling ability. It is way more impressive than any of the games out in the market.

What I have come to realise is that the story itself is told through the area you are in. Velen has a story to tell, and CDPR shows it to you through all the quests and the chance encounters you come across on the road. I am excited to see what story Novigrad and Skellige have to tell.

Wolfprint on
  • Options
    Wolfprint wrote: »

I am still in Velen, being the first area I got to after White Orchard, but I am really impressed with CDPR's storytelling ability. It is way more impressive than any of the games out in the market.

What I have come to realise is that the story itself is told through the area you are in. Velen has a story to tell, and CDPR shows it to you through all the quests and the chance encounters you come across on the road. I am excited to see what story Novigrad and Skellige have to tell.

A detail I appreciate is that in a contract mission where I had to return to an old lady and let her know it was a Noonwraith that needed to be dealt with, she knew what Geralt was talking about and even knew who the wraith must have been in life. It makes the world feel more consistent and also hammers home that life has to suck if people barely bat an eye when you tell them what specific breed of horror is killing their neighbors.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    http://www.dsogaming.com/news/the-witcher-3-hunters-config-is-a-must-have-tool-gives-you-easy-access-to-extensive-options/
    We are pretty sure that a lot of PC gamers would love to tweak some of The Witcher 3’s .INI options but are put off by the whole procedure. Well, get ready everyone for a treat. Modder ‘MelekTaus’ has released a configuration tool via which you can easily gain access to numerous graphics options.

12-1-1432303467.jpg

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/12/?

Morninglord on
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Ran into something called a
    Leshen

in the woods in Velen. It one shoted me with some druid vines witchcraft. Weird thing was that it didn't have a listed level or even a red skull, I think. Just a "??" next to it's name. Whats up with that?

Ran into a guy like that, assume the ??? mean he's so high level you can't even tell.

Fondor_Yards on
    Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    That or he was Cthulu.

Or perhaps Teezntch.

• Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    Or maybe it's just that the loss of visual acuity from getting cat eyes caused Geralt to misread the numbers floating above its head.

EH28YFo.jpg
This discussion has been closed.