Options

Hatch Green [chat]

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    yeah but it's so fun when you stomp your lane on an assassinjarvan and just run around deleting everyone off the map

maybe that's why I prefer lol to hots

I p much only play assassinsjarvan

i agree!

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    A time for everyone to (red) die.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Remain supportive, but in an ignorant manner; cheer whenever they recall or when a teammate steals their kill.

This is just so beautiful. Perfect trolling, because it takes actual knowledge of the game to succeed

Its like when I'm on vent and my wife will start filling in the parts of the conversations she can't hear

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    Belasco32 wrote: »
    Gim wrote: »

hmm, but that might also fuck up my gaming, which is totally reasonable - in part because I can just hit pause ffs

I'm not necessarily saying that your family is slowly being absorbed into the Matrix via League of Legends and the only way to escape is an EMP burst, but gosh, I sure did just type all the same words that I would type if I was going to say exactly that, didn't I?

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    If one of my parents pulled up a chair next to me while I was on the computer as a teenager, we would just stare at the desktop together until one of us stood up and left

• Options
    Belasco32Belasco32 Registered User regular
    It's just that the guys get super tense and if they're interrupted there's about a 70/30 chance they're going to respond, um, let's call it "unkindly". This has lead to many actual arguments, so I see LoL as a thing that has the potential to start fights in the house. So I want to kill it with fire and bleach.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Orphane wrote: »
    yeah but it's so fun when you stomp your lane on an assassinjarvan and just run around deleting everyone off the map

i agree!

full dmg jarvan is totes an assassin

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    It's just that the guys get super tense and if they're interrupted there's about a 70/30 chance they're going to respond, um, let's call it "unkindly". This has lead to many actual arguments, so I see LoL as a thing that has the potential to start fights in the house. So I want to kill it with fire and bleach.

read this post

read your sig

read this post again

let the cleansing begin

• Options

they probs shouldn't be playing if there is a high chance they will have to be interrupted

• Options
    Orphane wrote: »

i agree!

full dmg jarvan is totes an assassin

he is the assassin

there are no others

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    what the fuck my iPhone keeps randomly "restarting" (going to a gray screen with the black apple logo for a minute and then returning to normal)

wtf is happening

It's dying.

You can try backing up and restoring it but if it keeps doing that, it's kicked the bucket. If it's new (less than 1 year) or under applecare, it'll be painless to replace. If not, prepare your $600 and get in line.

I literally bought it three months ago

I may have accidentally dropped it in a toilet but it was like a half second and I fished it out and it was fine and it was like 2 months ago

can they fuck me over for that

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Or, you could pull this unique powermove

"I've sold all the PCs, we're a console family now!"

• Options

they probs shouldn't be playing if there is a high chance they will have to be interrupted

And, basically, that's ALL the time in our house. Between the 40lb 3.5 mo old puppy, 3 kids, their friends, and life in general...pretty much the only time that's safe is around 3am

• Options
    now instead of the negative pysch tricks maybe try positive ones

if every time I queued up for a LoL game my wife showed up in lingerie wanting some of my time well

Id happily continue queuing and abandoning games every day the rest of my life

• Options
    what the fuck my iPhone keeps randomly "restarting" (going to a gray screen with the black apple logo for a minute and then returning to normal)

wtf is happening

It's dying.

You can try backing up and restoring it but if it keeps doing that, it's kicked the bucket. If it's new (less than 1 year) or under applecare, it'll be painless to replace. If not, prepare your $600 and get in line.

I may have accidentally dropped it in a toilet but it was like a half second and I fished it out and it was fine and it was like 2 months ago

how will they know

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

This is how we get when we're under the effects of Adrenaline.

It's not personal, but we're basically in flight or fight mode.

Maybe set some boundaries on some game time being uninterrupted or something unless it's an emergency.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular

wtf is happening

It's dying.

how will they know

Does the iPhone have an internal moisture detection strip like most other phones?
    BRIGHT RED STRIP
    THIS BITCH DROPPED HER PHONE IN THE SHITTER

Bless your heart.
  • Options

wtf is happening

It's dying.

...toilet fraud is a serious crime, Hakks

2pV5whu.gif

• Options

wtf is happening

It's dying.

how will they know

isn't there a strip in the phone that indicates if the phone has ever got wet that they can use to invalidate free repairs

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular

wtf is happening

It's dying.

how will they know

Some phones have water sensitive strips in them. I don't know if Apple does it, though.

• Options
    now instead of the negative pysch tricks maybe try positive ones

if every time I queued up for a LoL game my wife showed up in lingerie wanting some of my time well

Id happily continue queuing and abandoning games every day the rest of my life

That'd work well for the husband, but for the boys I'm thinking Bethryn has the right of it. It'd be particularly frustration inducing since they know I know a lot about the game.

@Bethryn is clearly an evil genius

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

Acquire one of these: http://www.digital-loggers.com/lpc.html.
    Use it when they are being shitty to reboot their machine.
    Point out to them that their being shitty must be the cause of the reboot.
    Cause them to build up a superstition that being shitty will cause their machine to reboot.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Is GIM threatening Hockey Guy or is he trying to teach us one NEAT INSURANCE TRICK THE COPS DONT WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT IN [INSERT STATE HERE]

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

wtf is happening

It's dying.

how will they know

Moisture sensor?

Also corrosion is a slow, cruel mistress.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    you know, now that we're on the topic of discussing why mobas turn people into assholes

i'd really like to see any moba implement a TV show called "Flip this game" where someone joins a game that someone afk or ragequit out of and attempts to salvage it

i think we could get some real entertainment potential out of it

but my favorite twitch stream is saltyteemo so i might be bias

• Options
    what if the strip is fraudulent

what then

(idk hakks good luck!)

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

Install a Paradox game on your computer. Swap the shortcut for it and LoL. See if they notice the difference!

• Options
    *sniff sniff*
    She hadn't flushed either!
    *burns phone, chargers her $600*

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    well shit im going to be staying in NYC until saturday i cant do anything about my phone or back it up even until then

fuck

• Options

And, basically, that's ALL the time in our house. Between the 40lb 3.5 mo old puppy, 3 kids, their friends, and life in general...pretty much the only time that's safe is around 3am

now that i think of it you should just suggest instead of playing league that your family should do it vicariously through watching saltyteemo

you have no real investment in which side wins - no emotions rising except laughter

you can get up and walk away from saltyteemo at any time - gets rid of the interrupting problem

watching people who are literally at ~300 MMR is pound for pound the highest entertainment value - great

plus you can watch as a family

• Options
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Is GIM threatening Hockey Guy or is he trying to teach us one NEAT INSURANCE TRICK THE COPS DONT WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT IN [INSERT STATE HERE]

I am simply stating that the federales will arrest anyone for failing to mention phone toilet time

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    You could also just shoot spool in the foot or something.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    A hopeless solipsist, and somewhat stupid, <name> renders ideas and people that he has met into stories, discursively, since when he does it with spoken words the effect is too ephemeral for his liking. He has taught English, delivered pizzas, cleared houses for auction, washed dishes, landscaped, sold scratch tickets, among other types of work. He also endures the casual heartlessness of his fellow primates - the most difficult of the things he does. First and foremost, he writes.

I can't even.

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular

wtf is happening

It's dying.

how will they know

isn't there a strip in the phone that indicates if the phone has ever got wet that they can use to invalidate free repairs

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204104

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular

To take their side for a bit, are these important and immediate interruptions? "Walk the dog" or "Start chopping the potatoes" (if other stuff isn't already cooking) are generally amenable to being done after a match is finished.

It's not really different from any other activity that requires a bit of time to do, the difference between LOL and a soccer match or whatever is that the former is in your house.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    @Belasco32

If goosery continues, should spool15 and 17 ever desire to post here, you pick their user names.

The mods can coordinate to ban any alts they attempt to set up.

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    You could also just shoot spool in the foot or something.

I remember when spool was talking about his back being sore after play-fighting with one of the teen32s.

My advice at the time was to throw the offending child out the window while bellowing "I'm more powerful than you can possibly imagine!"

What I'm saying, Belasco, is you replace 'child' in my above sentence with 'computer' and we've got a solid idea here.

• Options
    bowen wrote: »

This is how we get when we're under the effects of Adrenaline.

It's not personal, but we're basically in flight or fight mode.

Maybe set some boundaries on some game time being uninterrupted or something unless it's an emergency.

yeeeah, no. I'm not limiting how the house functions around a game. here's a recent example:
    spool15 asks spool17 (who is playing LoL) for confirmation that's it's really okay for him to borrow something right before leaving the house...spool17 jumped down his throat, huge fight ensued that lasted nearly a half hour.

spool15 is playing spool32 asks him to do the dishes when he's done with that game, spool15 says something shitty, spool32 grounds him from gaming...huge fight ensues, that one lasted nearly a week on and off

spool32 is playing, I have a migraine, the boys want to go to a friend's house since they have to tip toe around our place 'cause I'm near death - they tentitively go ask their father, much yelling later I'm puking my guts out and spool32 feels like an asshole for days.

Explain to me how a game that induces these reactions is fun?

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular

Install a Paradox game on your computer. Swap the shortcut for it and LoL. See if they notice the difference!

The difference is then all that people will be talking about in the house is murdering children and spouses and how they plotted/murdered their way to be the king

And they'll stay up later

This discussion has been closed.