Options

Uncle Chincy's Story Corner [How's your day thread]

ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
Hey Pardner

10.jpg

Pull on up a rocking chair next to this old man and take a seat

Tell me bout your day. It's story time!

16vz1jiq5vw1.jpg

Was it nice? Get some stuff accomplished? Finally get that project turned in? Get a good grade? Just wanna brag about something cool that happened to you?

Or maybe it sucked. That's ok too! Tell us about it! Sympathy for your troubles or scorn for those who wronged you!

Or maybe something big happened and you have an announcement about your life, or a crossroads you need help navigating. We can help with that too!

Talk about how things are going for you and we'll chat about it. Your friendly neighborhood chinchilla always likes a good story.

wild-rumpus-chinchilla.jpg

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group

• Options
    For me I am in hour 4 of 7 hours of conference calls

This means I have mostly been browsing house listings

Did you guys know there are like, hells of a lot of houses?

Like for real a bunch

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I'm painting some sort of troll man portrait.

He's like an old troll dad.

Sort of grumpy.

Wearing a blue jumper.

Very daddish.

• Options
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    I'm painting some sort of troll man portrait.

He's like an old troll dad.

Sort of grumpy.

Wearing a blue jumper.

Very daddish.

Does he have trollish wisdom to dispense

Also, what are his opinions on current troll bridge tolls

Too high?

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Don't get him started on troll bridge tolls.

He'll just start ranting about those "goldurn kids today with their trip trap music."

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    After spending the week in spend mode buying a couple board games (Munchkins Legends and Cthulu Fluxx) and spending money on food and schhlitterbahn tickets so that my SO and our best friend could go for the day, I've balanced my sheets for the rest of the summer that I'm going to be spending in Beijing. And, even though my laptop died on me yesterday (a laptop I really fucking liked) and I'll be returning today via UPS for a full refund, I've found another laptop that I like that has close to what I want and is $100 cheaper than my current one, so at least I get to save some money there.

What sucks is this nearly second degree sunburn I got at schlitterbahn like oh my god Oghulk why are you stupid and not put on sunscreen you are the stupidest

• Options
    Oghulk I have a lot of questions

How is Munchkin Legends?

Why wouldn't you use sunscreen?

The hell is Schhlitterbahn?

(Glad the laptop situation got resolved)

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I'm trying to figure out what to do with my hair. I kinda want to let it keep growing but it's getting pretty unruly. Otherwise my voice has been out for like 3 days now and it's getting annoying!

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options

How is Munchkin Legends?

legends is super fun and I dig it. it's really similar to regular ol' munchkins, but with more allusions to mythology and such which is kind of cool

also has some stupid 'fuck over your friend' cards that got played against me and did not enjoy

i didn't use sunscreen because the last few times we've gone we've only been there about half the time and i only got a very mild sunburn, and we ended up staying like twice as long this time because of our friend

and schlitterbahn is a water amusement park that is all about swimming and water rides and is way better than any other amusement park unfortunately without rollercoasters

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Managed to track down a dentist I had worked with on a mobile dental unit where I assisted him in removing an infected wisdom tooth in a rainstorm on a bus. He said he was impressed with me and so now I'm shadowing him next week on some crown removal procedure!

Also my DAT prep book arrives today. A year early, but no such thing as over prepared

• Options
    Farg I didn't know you were gonna be a dentist!

That's awesome!

Also, you now look like Hermie in my brain and I'm sorry!

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »

How is Munchkin Legends?

legends is super fun and I dig it. it's really similar to regular ol' munchkins, but with more allusions to mythology and such which is kind of cool

also has some stupid 'fuck over your friend' cards that got played against me and did not enjoy

i didn't use sunscreen because the last few times we've gone we've only been there about half the time and i only got a very mild sunburn, and we ended up staying like twice as long this time because of our friend

and schlitterbahn is a water amusement park that is all about swimming and water rides and is way better than any other amusement park unfortunately without rollercoasters

Legends should definitely be mixed with other sets. The cards are OP, nerf plz, so exactly in the spirit of munchkin.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    I'm trying to figure out what to do with my hair. I kinda want to let it keep growing but it's getting pretty unruly. Otherwise my voice has been out for like 3 days now and it's getting annoying!

I hate my hair a bunch

I try to keep it short at all times

unfortunately ms chilla likes it long so

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I usually have at least one "oh right sunburn is a thing" moment per summer before I get back into the habit of using sunscreen any time I'll be outside within four hours of noon - this year's was a couple weeks back, and I had to avoid client meetings for a couple days until my face went back to its regular color.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Oghulk wrote: »

How is Munchkin Legends?

Legends should definitely be mixed with other sets. The cards are OP, nerf plz, so exactly in the spirit of munchkin.

I think the fawns are a cool addition to the race list, but I also think the monsters are cool like lions tigers and bears.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular

That's awesome!

Thats the plan yup! I've been a lot more confident in it since that time I had to vacuum tooth fragments from a dudes socket and didn't phase me at all. (its harder then it sounds because the blood makes it like a fun scavenger hunt)

• Options
    hermie is rad anyways. i'll take hermie jokes over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOtMizMQ6oM

any day

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

How is Munchkin Legends?

NO CHINCY NO

• Options
    I mean hermie is basically the protagonist of that movie anyway

• Options

That's awesome!

Thats the plan yup! I've been a lot more confident in it since that time I had to vacuum tooth fragments from a dudes socket and didn't phase me at all. (its harder then it sounds because the blood makes it like a fun scavenger hunt)

By fun you mean "endless horror", of course

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm at work but it's not so bad.

• Options

I hate my hair a bunch

Mine's the longest its ever been so I'm kinda like 'oh god what do i do with all of this'

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Today has been pretty great. I finally got switched to a laptop at work. Since I switched departments (note, not jobs, just who I report to) I've got a wireless headset for my queue calls, a new wireless keyboard and mouse and have been switched to a laptop to be able to work from home a bit. On top of that, I have the ability just arrange PTO days between my teammate and myself and not have to plan out 3 weeks ahead. It's been a great month.

• Options

I hate my hair a bunch

Mine's the longest its ever been so I'm kinda like 'oh god what do i do with all of this'

the answer is always pompadour

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    I applied for another job exam today.

Which may not even be necessary as I am currently under consideration for a job elsewhere, but may as well cover my bases!

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular

I hate my hair a bunch

I am having the same issue there is a short cut I want but I dont know how well it would turn out

However its also long enough to do fun things with! Which has only happened once but it was sweet. I still need to get it uh trimed and fixed though.

But imo hair decisions are the best/worst

icGJy2C.png
  • Options

I hate my hair a bunch

Liberty spikes

this is my answer for everything though

• Options

I hate my hair a bunch

Liberty spikes

this is my answer for everything though

this is a good thing

• Options

I hate my hair a bunch

I am having the same issue there is a short cut I want but I dont know how well it would turn out

However its also long enough to do fun things with! Which has only happened once but it was sweet. I still need to get it uh trimed and fixed though.

Yeah right now I'm caught between 'Id love to get a more feminine 'do?' and 'I really dont want to draw attention to myself', so it's pretty annoying.

Get that short cut! Hair grows back.

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Sinuses are really bad.

This is going to be a long day.

• Options
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Sinuses are really bad.

This is going to be a long day.

I got really bad sinus infections twice a year for 20 years

I am sorry

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    my day is going p well, y'all!

i took a PTO day from work to do house/car stuff (get my oil changed, do laundry, clean house), plus i was real frustrated at work because of some nonsense so i needed a mental health day

thankfully my work is real chill with sick days, so i can do this kinda thing sometimes

i had a donut and OJ for breakfast, got my oil changed (i finally found a garage that won't try and needle me for extra repairs which is awesome), and now i'm reading tabletop games and chilling with my cat (she's an asshole)

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular

I hate my hair a bunch

Yeah right now I'm caught between 'Id love to get a more feminine 'do?' and 'I really dont want to draw attention to myself', so it's pretty annoying.

This is sort of where I'm at

It doesn't help that I've got a receding hairline so awesome looking bangs are out of the question.

I'm just gunna let it grow out to a little more than shoulder length and play it with it some then

I should probably get it cleaned up some but I also don't relish the thought of telling a barber I'm working towards a more feminine hairdo.

• Options

I hate my hair a bunch

This is sort of where I'm at

It doesn't help that I've got a receding hairline so awesome looking bangs are out of the question.

I'm just gunna let it grow out to a little more than shoulder length and play it with it some then

I should probably get it cleaned up some but I also don't relish the thought of telling a barber I'm working towards a more feminine hairdo.

This sucks

I am already the most awkward person imaginable around barbers

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I didn't even know you tipped barbers until last year

I am 30 years old

• Options

I am 30 years old

Agggh oh nooooo

Listen

I STILL don't know if you're supposed to tip on carry out

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Tip for literally everything you possibly can

That's been my guiding principle, it works pretty well

• Options

I am 30 years old

Agggh oh nooooo

Listen

I STILL don't know if you're supposed to tip on carry out

I do but only like a buck.

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Tip for literally everything you possibly can

That's been my guiding principle, it works pretty well

I don't tip at fast food places

Mostly because I don't know how like, mcdonalds deals with/divides tip and it makes me super nervous

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular

Like for real a bunch

Yuuup, this is especially true in my area

Not the most opportune time for us to be selling... but it'll be nice to have so many options once we do

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    Noggin wrote: »

Like for real a bunch

Yuuup, this is especially true in my area

Not the most opportune time for us to be selling... but it'll be nice to have so many options once we do

If it makes you feel better, the like, 10 I Favorited two weeks ago are literally all already under contract

This discussion has been closed.