As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[steam]: Her Story, told by Lethargic Corgis dreaming of their Final Fantasy.

• danxdanx Registered User regular
    What do people think of dreamfall chapters? Tempted to pick it up. I liked the second game but it was a bit janky from memory.

• Slayer of DreamsSlayer of Dreams Registered User regular
    Always wait until you make eye contact. And -then- charge.

cGaJtHs.gif

Steam: Slayer of Dreams / BladeCruiser / (EHJ)BooletProof
    R*SC: BladeCruiser
    Check out my GTAV-PC custom race tracks inspired by real life racing circuits!
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Space Run is a great game in the current flash deals.

• iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    So I said fuck it and quit my level 1448 game to see what would happen if I joined a new game.

Instant card drop.

So yeah it isn't that "random" after all.

EDIT: your "points" to be used transfer with you, and I hopped back into the game after starting a new one, I lost all progress in terms of upgrades but maintained those token/points so there is that. I guess during the day midway you need to start a new game for a card and then hop back in, and at the end of the day do that same to get your three cards.

iRevert on
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    How long is this sale supposed to last? RPG Maker just went on flash sale but I'm hoping it might go on sale again at some point when I have the money to grab stuff.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    How long is this sale supposed to last? RPG Maker just went on flash sale but I'm hoping it might go on sale again at some point when I have the money to grab stuff.

b8dLLK2.jpg?1

• bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular

21st

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Once again a reminder that flash sales last for 24 hours, as well. They change every 12, but are up for a day after their posting.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    @Heatwave hit me with Tales from the Borderlands while I was sleeping!
    nv8687z3d09e.jpg
    Ain't no rest for the wicked!
    Thank you very much! <3

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    danx wrote: »
    What do people think of dreamfall chapters? Tempted to pick it up. I liked the second game but it was a bit janky from memory.

All I remember was that @isorn or @APODionysus bullied me into backing it >>

steam_sig.png
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    iRevert wrote: »

b8dLLK2.jpg?1

Wow, I can't believe I missed that.

Glad to see it will be going for a while. I might get lucky.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Thanks @viking for the gift of Sunset! This looks super groovy!

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    The Masterplan just came out of Early Access and is pretty cool and unique. A lot of games have been chasing bank robber vibe lately and I think they succeed in areas like characters and presentation but often are incredibly action heavy or scripted.

The Masterplan visually seems similar to Door Kickers, and it is. You control a small group, and you point them were to go. What I'm digging is the way it incorporates elements in these sort of stories into gameplay. For instance, if you hold someone up, they are basically like a temporary unit for you. So you can get them to drop their money, or you can for instance, force them to pick up stuff and bring it to you, or unlock doors, as long as you remember to keep a gun trained on them. I'm only early in and I'm already impressed on how they've nailed bringing in the ideas that are often over looked in the more action oriented games.

I've been joking about a TBS Payday for a while and this is quite a surprise to see it done. I 'm also happy with the hostage mechanic you mentioned because that's something I've really found to be underutilized in games. Reservoir Dogs on PS2 actually had an interesting use of it.

• emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Yeah, no card even starting a new game with a friend, and no card for getting past level 10.

I think I just am going to only get one card a day from the mini game, period. It doesn't seem to want to give me anything else.

I've been in a game all day (started at zero, currently at level 1490), and I havent received a single card...

• ShadeShade Registered User regular
    @Big Classy decided to cheer me up after losing the internship...

lkj3ali38gbd.jpg

isy.JPG 69.7K
    Tried the steam program, tried it in chrome, tried resuming my old game, joining a friends, and starting a brand new one never get further than the game's background and lane counters. Nothing animated poops up.

• CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    The Masterplan just came out of Early Access and is pretty cool and unique. A lot of games have been chasing bank robber vibe lately and I think they succeed in areas like characters and presentation but often are incredibly action heavy or scripted.

The Masterplan visually seems similar to Door Kickers, and it is. You control a small group, and you point them were to go. What I'm digging is the way it incorporates elements in these sort of stories into gameplay. For instance, if you hold someone up, they are basically like a temporary unit for you. So you can get them to drop their money, or you can for instance, force them to pick up stuff and bring it to you, or unlock doors, as long as you remember to keep a gun trained on them. I'm only early in and I'm already impressed on how they've nailed bringing in the ideas that are often over looked in the more action oriented games.

I've been joking about a TBS Payday for a while and this is quite a surprise to see it done. I 'm also happy with the hostage mechanic you mentioned because that's something I've really found to be underutilized in games. Reservoir Dogs on PS2 actually had an interesting use of it.

It's not turn based, though it does have a slowdown button that is so slow it might as well be a pause button so you can issue orders.

Corpekata on
  • TurksonTurkson Near the mountains of ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Turkson wrote: »
    Anyone played Blackguards 2? I'm thinking of grabbing it, but would love to hear others opinions on it.

If you like the first one, it's more of the same.

I never played the first one.

oh h*ck
  • PayNSprayBanditPayNSprayBandit Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Hang on now, @mildlymorbid.

I gave you Lethal League to get you back for gifting me The Fall.

I'm warning you. A game for a game leaves everyone broke.

d4ejcjiwtavx.png

PayNSprayBandit on
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    So for Family Sharing, my entire game library can only be accessed by one person at a time? As in, if my girlfriend is playing my copy of Transistor, I can't play Terraria? o.O

工事中
  • AsheAshe Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    A lack of Steam-related posting doesn't mean I'm safe! I woke this morning to find this waiting, from the wonderful @Berylline.

eeaj39psw3uc.png

Thank you muchly! Been top of my Wishlist for a while, but hadn't quite got around to grabbing it. Really looking forward to this!

Ashe on
    Wolf.PNG 186.5K
    steam_sig.png
  • ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    I've been strong so far. I put 5 bucks in my Steam wallet and I actually spent it all on cards and haven't even bought a game yet. I was about to buy Super Time Force Ultra until I realized... oh! I already have it!

Cokebotle wrote: »
    So for Family Sharing, my entire game library can only be accessed by one person at a time? As in, if my girlfriend is playing my copy of Transistor, I can't play Terraria? o.O

More this: if it's your account, and she's playing your Transistor, and you decide you want to play your Terraria, she'll get a notice to "save and quit" as it were. Like, a 5 minute warning, I believe?

If you're asking the basics, yes, only one person can play games from a single account at a time, and yes, the primary account takes precedence.

What this means is your lady friend needs her own Steam account, really. :biggrin:

Zenitram wrote: »
    I've been strong so far. I put 5 bucks in my Steam wallet and I actually spent it all on cards and haven't even bought a game yet. I was about to buy Super Time Force Ultra until I realized... oh! I already have it!

Yup, you and me both buddy. Staying strong. Not doing nothing. Keeping that thing locked dooooooooooown. *whistles*

• HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Thanks @an_alt for Ori and the Blind Forest and @Dyvim Tvar for The Legend of Korra! <3<3
    0s46w1jajkl1.jpg

Now we just need a Heist RPG, with the ability to be a smooth talking con artist

steam_sig.png
    Big Classy wrote: »

Yup, you and me both buddy. Staying strong. Not doing nothing. Keeping that thing locked dooooooooooown. *whistles*

I sense lies.
    I'm psychic, you know.
    Or is that psycho?
    Now I'll make your controller move!
    What, you only use KBAM? Well, uhhhhhh . . . damn.
    Now I'm just rambling.
    Like @CorriganX, the ramblin' chicken man.

Kalnaur wrote: »
    Big Classy wrote: »

I sense lies.
    I'm psychic, you know.
    Or is that psycho?
    Now I'll make your controller move!
    What, you only use KBAM? Well, uhhhhhh . . . damn.
    Now I'm just rambling.
    Like @CorriganX, the ramblin' chicken man.
    There's a webcomic or a reading of this comic you need to see.

edited June 2015
    @Big Classy has a rather odd view of the definition of "locked down"
    batman_zpst0ioksot.jpg
    And also, is a complete monster <3

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    Ofcourse! Its the daily gift from @spoit time! Seriously, every freakign day so far. Thansk for Apotheon you nutter!

• mildlymorbidmildlymorbid Registered User regular
    eVCuKYT.jpg

@NailbunnyPD is gift bending up in here. Thank you!

Is this game within cannon? If so, when in the show does it take place? I've only seen up through season 3. I picked up season 4 when it came out, but I just haven't gotten around to actually watching the damn thing.

• destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Is this game within cannon? If so, when in the show does it take place? I've only seen up through season 3. I picked up season 4 when it came out, but I just haven't gotten around to actually watching the damn thing.

Dunno about Cannoninity, but the game takes place between seasons 1 and 2. If memory serves.

Also, I suppose I should thank you ,@mildlymorbid, for this
    o0is013js4ut.jpg
    Thank you for this!

steam_sig.png
    signature.png

1 entry so far!

Getting some Warband DLC, not sure what to shop for, whole lotta meh. Everyone start selling me on you >$5 games from indie people. I'm not a big fan of visual novels.

Kalnaur wrote: »
    Cokebotle wrote: »

More this: if it's your account, and she's playing your Transistor, and you decide you want to play your Terraria, she'll get a notice to "save and quit" as it were. Like, a 5 minute warning, I believe?

If you're asking the basics, yes, only one person can play games from a single account at a time, and yes, the primary account takes precedence.

What this means is your lady friend needs her own Steam account, really. :biggrin:

She has her own account. I guess I misunderstood how it works - I thought it was about sharing games with family/friends, not my entire account. IE, I loan her a PS3 game while I play a different PS3 game.

Ah well, thanks for the info!

工事中
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Its more like loaning her the entire PS3 so she can use what you have installed on it. Its great if you keep different schedules or you dont use the Steam account constantly (Unlike myself. Fucking marvel heroes SO GOOD)

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    Yeah, I got Transistor and Homeworld on sale (plus the Transistor OST because Bastion's was fantastic) and she's been hooked on Transistor all afternoon while I study.

Now I wanna play something for a short break, but I feel bad kicking her out. :(

(Also playing Marvel Heroes off and on. Nightcrawler is so much fun)

工事中
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    @TeeMan strikes! This game looks hilarious! Thanks dude!

CgnQklV.jpg?1

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Chivalry at $3 may be a Friday Night Multiplayer candidate, it's pretty fun to play a first person sword game.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular
    Thanks @berylline for Grow Home

71pmaSh.jpg

Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
This discussion has been closed.