As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DS Imports

Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
So I have a bit of credit in paypal/ebay and was thinking about finally ordering Ouendan 2. It got me thinking are there other import games for the handheld I should consider grabbing? I remember when I got the first game that there was a game called Jump that was a fighting game that people were all buying that was supposedly pretty playable without knowing the language but haven't really heard of any others.

Are there any great non-US released DS games I should consider adding to my collection?

• Options
    BigJoeMBigJoeM Registered User regular
    Jump Super Stars and Jump Ultimate Stars are good choices.

I also like Dragonball Kai Ultimate Butoden, SaGa 2, and SaGa 3

• Options
    Right now I've got a pending cart with a bunch of music games.

Ouendan 2 (a given)
    Daigasso Band Brothers DX
    Taiko Drum Master (not sure which of these to get, there are two)
    Jump Ultimate Stars

I want Tingle but he's still stupid expensive for the European version.

• Options
    Yeah, the Japanese version is like a quarter of the price.

Can't help on the drum master games, never got into that series.

• Options
    Yeah - I think I'll wait until I can afford Tingle in English - unless you think it's playable?

What is Tingle Balloon Trip?

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Last Window!

It is awesome and has a great mystery and story. Plus Kyle Hyde is one of the most enjoyable turdflowers in gaming.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Yeah - I think I'll wait until I can afford Tingle in English - unless you think it's playable?

What is Tingle Balloon Trip?

I would wait, the game isn't crazy expensive (although it is pushing it for what it is) and i don't think it's going to skyrocket in price anytime soon.

The Japanese version would be perfectly playable but i go for an english translation when it exists and isn't too expensive (though $60 is pushing it for a DS game)

Tingle Balloon Trip is a combination dungeon explorer puzzler and dating sim (you must do well on the dating sim to progress through the game so a translation guide or FAQ is mandatory)

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    Last Window!

It is awesome and has a great mystery and story. Plus Kyle Hyde is one of the most enjoyable turdflowers in gaming.
    Looks only the UK version is in english, but still super tempting. I loved Hotel Dusk.

Bummer on the Tingle games, I'll hold off for now.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Retro Game Challenge 2. Arino no Chousenjo 2, I think.

Probably has a guide floating out there somewhere.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Tingle's Balloon Fight. Club Nintendo item exclusive to Japan, but if you like Balloon Fight, it's a must-have.

Not releasing it here was NA Club Nintendo's greatest failure.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!