As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Playing an audio file when clicking an email picture (Outlook 2013)

mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
Is it possible to attach an audio file to an email in such a way that when you click on a picture in the email the file plays? We use Outlook 2013 at work and I can't see any format options that would let me insert object into another or similar. I can have it linking to an external hyperlink if I need to, but I'd like to keep it contained in the email if possible.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Could you attach it as a video? Where the video is just a still image with the audio playing?

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Is it possible to attach an audio file to an email in such a way that when you click on a picture in the email the file plays? We use Outlook 2013 at work and I can't see any format options that would let me insert object into another or similar. I can have it linking to an external hyperlink if I need to, but I'd like to keep it contained in the email if possible.

No. Outside of linking to a file, either on the web or on your company network, you can't play an audio file within an email.

Depending on your audience and the intended use here, a link may not be a great idea either.

What exactly are you trying to do?

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »

No. Outside of linking to a file, either on the web or on your company network, you can't play an audio file within an email.

Depending on your audience and the intended use here, a link may not be a great idea either.

What exactly are you trying to do?

It's a notice for a week long event which we've been doing in the style of old vintage photos. We've made an old-timey radio broadcast thing to explain more to people about it and want it to play when people click a picture in an email. Think we might have to go with just a hyperlink in the picture though.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    badpoetbadpoet Registered User regular
    edited June 2015
    Make it a youtube/vimeo/whatever video. Take a screenshot of it and crop it. Then insert the cropped photo and link it to the URL. People will almost naturally click the photo to see the video. You can also put the link in text below.

badpoet on
  • Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    I would also include the extra information in text form in the email if your not already doing that.

I know personally i get a little annoyed when i'm looking for some information and the only way to get it is to watch a video/listen to something for 10x as long as it would take me to skim some text.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Foomy wrote: »
    I would also include the extra information in text form in the email if your not already doing that.

I know personally i get a little annoyed when i'm looking for some information and the only way to get it is to watch a video/listen to something for 10x as long as it would take me to skim some text.

One hundred million percent.

What is this I don't even.