As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fury] Unleash the opinions!

KaOsKaOs Registered User regular
edited October 2007 in MMO Extravaganza
So, Fury.

Exerpts from the site under the spoiler.
Enter into a world of merciless combat and blood thirsty competition, and enjoy the unrivalled challenge of facing human opponents right from the point of stepping into battle.
FURY - the revolutionary Player versus Player, Massively Multiplayer Online game (PvP MMO).

Unlike most other games, Fury doesn’t shackle you with class restrictions. It won’t make you grind levels for months before you can begin PvP, and it won’t make you fight a single mob.
The intense speed of Fury’s combat is unlike anything you have ever seen in an MMO. Most of your abilities are instant-cast, which allows you to traverse obstacles and chase fleeing enemies instead of being frozen in place waiting for a spell to finish casting.

Wrapped around the pure adrenaline rush of the gladiatorial combat is an in-depth character advancement system that lets you unlock over 400 abilities which you can use to develop a character-class all of your own. Add a huge array of powerful weaponry and spells, with Clan and individual Ladders to dominate, and you have a formula that is guaranteed to bring out the competitive spirit in you.

The time has come. Unleash the Fury!
Fury_screenshot_combat_Gateway_0001.jpg

Fury_Screenshot_Environment_SAN-Life_0012.jpg

Fury_screenshot_Environment_DeathSchool_0005.jpg

Anyone play it? Play the beta? I've been thinking of looking into it but the possiblities of it sucking are high.

Arrath:The best way to describe it is like playing Rock-Paper-Scissors with somebody. Only you have to go first. And then the other player gets to make their move based on what you did.
KaOs on

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    It looks like guild wars minus pve.

Which whats the point? GW is already so cheap, with no monthly fee, just play that.

Classless pvp? That's not just asking for FOTMs duking it out until skill balance changes create a new FOTM that everyone "specs".

PvP in GW was already boring enough.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    DarkstrykeDarkstryke Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Hey, isn't this Australian?

Darkstryke on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    So, twitch gameplay?

I haven't heard much about this game, what *is* it like? Screencaps aren't telling me much.

Aldo on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    It looks pretty, but it feels scammish. I mean, it's a real game and all I'm sure, but it's a pointless money leech in so many ways. The game play is a basically FPS style with spells, but with the added bonus of them getting to charge you $10 a month for every character you want to play. You can also buy the bonus pack to unlock all the abilities without playing, and they do their own gold selling service.

It looks like they brainstormed ways game companies pump money out of their customers, and made sure to check off every one.

Scooter on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Darkstryke wrote: »
    Hey, isn't this Australian?
    Yeah, by Auran. Which if you go to their website has a few games that without even seeing more than their name I already find absolutely hilarious.

Train Simulator : Driver
    Boat Simulator 08
    :lol:

But anyway, I'd have to agree with scooter. From everything I've seen of it it looks more like martial arts Unreal Tournament than an MMO. I'm not sure why this would ever be worthy of a monthly fee.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    SabanSaban Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    My opinion is negative.

Saban on
    371839-1.png
  • Options
    HamurabiHamurabi MiamiRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Haha. This one promo video is literally scenes from the game, with the words "WTF," "PWNED" and "NOOB" overlayed repeatedly. It's kind of a joke.

Hamurabi on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    :v:

Pony on
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    The game is a piece of shit. From the outset you are thrust, with only a base set of skills and equipment, against players who far outgear and outskill you so that, regardless of your actual ability, you will get raped until you lose enough games to get defaulted some random gear. Also there is nothing to do but the PvP, and there are fucking WAIT TIMERS for that shit. Significant ones. Imagine old WoW battlegrounds except no mount to ride or level 1 mobs outside the city to AE while you wait.

The game also moves far too fast for a 'tactical' game of this type and ends up being a spamfest.

Stay far away unless you like being violated rectally.

Edit: It's pretty though.

JAEF on