yeah i just don't think that looks cool

a horned lizard in shades though

that's rad as shit

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    you don't look cool

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    lizards look cooler in clothes than dinosaurs do

This is why I've given up wearing clothes

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    2XS7meH.jpg

Dinos in clothes you say?

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    he should be a giant dinosaur wearing a denim jacket with no sleeves and an American flag do-rag
    https://youtu.be/8P27cyhFo6E

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    American Kaiju is into, well, murders and executions, mostly, right?

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Lab coats are pretty much the quintessential portion of a Lizard's wardrobe.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    @Maddoc I emailed CoyotePop and they said, in a very short reply, that my order would still be fufilled so I guess we are good to go? They said they wouldn't ship till September so we won't know for a while.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Yeah the page specified that it would take eight weeks to manufacture so I guess they were probably only making exactly however many they needed

Which is extra smart now that they can't sell any more I guess

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Late, but I just saw the Dawn of Justice trailer.

Spoiler tags just to be safe.
    Is Jesse Eisenburg playing Lex Luthor? Is that a thing that's happening?

Please tell me that's not happening.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

Yes.

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular

Yes.

Why?

WHY?

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    If you're worrying about Jesse Eisenburg's hair:
    It's a wig.
    lex-luthor.jpg

• Options
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    If you're worrying about Jesse Eisenburg's hair:
    It's a wig.
    lex-luthor.jpg
    I'm more worried he's going to start crying the first time Supes throws a car at him.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    The internet is a silly place sometimes.

Companies like Fox and DC show off early looks of their upcoming movies to fans that have gone well out of their way to to be at these panels, and people on the internet get grumpy that they can't watch it too. Then somebody leaks it onto the web and forces these companies to either put out their own version, and in essence making material that was never meant to go public into the "official" first impression; or try and fail to damage control as poorly recorded version of this unfinished material keep leaking on to the web.

And then to top it all off, in either case people complain about how the the material is not very good, which makes me go "Gee, I wonder why they didn't want it publicly released in the first place?"

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    in the internet age, the idea of needing to travel somewhere to see what is essentially a commercial is bullshit though

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    in the internet age, the idea of needing to travel somewhere to see what is essentially a commercial is bullshit though

It's all about perspective. You see it as going to an event to see a trailer. They see the trailer as a gift for people who went to the event. Like swag. And unlike normal swag, it's something that everyone else will eventually get anyway.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    This Ms. Marvel cosplay tho

• Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    so looking at that suicide squad trailer a little closer, there are some, uh, troubling implications regarding the joker/harley relationship

gonna spoiler this cause it might be a bit triggering
    there's a shot of a pre-harley harleen strapped to a table in a very unwilling state with what is clearly the joker standing over her in the same location/wearing the same glove he's wearing at the end of the trailer, meaning that's her he's talking to at the end, seeming to imply that he "breaks" her and she might not be devoted to him by choice

which is a pretty shitty direction to take an already precarious character

• Options

Is it really a commercial though? Who are they trying to sell to? Anyone who goes to comic-con and sits in a line for hours to get into a Suicide Squad panel is probably ALREADY going to go see the movie. Likely multiple times.

It's a treat for those fans to see an early look at the movie.

• Options
    Oh noes! The Joker abuses Harley! How unexpected.

• Options
    that is not even close to the same kind of situation, dude

• Options
    Oh noes! The Joker abuses Harley! How unexpected.
    This is uh

Kind of a really gross attitude to have about it dude
    Traditionally, Harley willingly falls for Joker and falls down that dark hole on her own for the most part

Having Joker literally torture her until she breaks and becomes his subservient lover is way worse

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I know accusations of being a 'hivemind' are lame and dumb but that was eerie.

• Options
    That two people think the same thing after you posted a gross statement?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    so looking at that suicide squad trailer a little closer, there are some, uh, troubling implications regarding the joker/harley relationship

there's a shot of a pre-harley harleen strapped to a table in a very unwilling state with what is clearly the joker standing over her in the same location/wearing the same glove he's wearing at the end of the trailer, meaning that's her he's talking to at the end, seeming to imply that he "breaks" her and she might not be devoted to him by choice

Well, I mean, I don't think you're supposed to like the Joker. He's a murderous psychopath with no good reasoning behind his actions.

• Options
    Especially when we've been witness to five or six people posting the same thing at the same time. :)

• Options
    The internet is a silly place sometimes.

Companies like Fox and DC show off early looks of their upcoming movies to fans that have gone well out of their way to to be at these panels, and people on the internet get grumpy that they can't watch it too. Then somebody leaks it onto the web and forces these companies to either put out their own version, and in essence making material that was never meant to go public into the "official" first impression; or try and fail to damage control as poorly recorded version of this unfinished material keep leaking on to the web.

And then to top it all off, in either case people complain about how the the material is not very good, which makes me go "Gee, I wonder why they didn't want it publicly released in the first place?"

I don't think they bring that footage without expecting to be leaked, or without intention to release that same footage later.

And if they don't want or expect criticism, they're in the wrong business.

I'm not saying nerds aren't shitty about media, but there's a difference between criticizing a casting choice and insisting that a movie company "ruined someone's childhood."

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    You just brushed off torture as no big deal

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    this isn't a hivemind situation

i've been mostly positive on these DC trailers. i've been trying to see bvs for the positives it could potentially have. the suicide squad trailer did a way better job of selling me on the movie than any of the promo pics they released have

but the implication of the stuff in that spoiler are pretty much indefensible no matter how you come at it

• Options
    No. I said that the Joker doing torture is not surprising.

• Options
    Hacksaw wrote: »

Well, I mean, I don't think you're supposed to like the Joker. He's a murderous psychopath with no good reasoning behind his actions.

Liking the Joker has nothing to do with it.

It's still shitty and gross and it's a lazy tactic to try and make a bad guy despicable because you can't write worth shit.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    Hey, you know how the Joker torturing and killing thousands of people makes it super weird that he is allowed to live, or at least isn't thrown in a jail with the kind of security normally reserved for cosmic horrors

Maybe doubling down on that behavior and finding him new and worse ways to be horrible is a bad fucking move

• Options

like blank said, in virtually every incarnation of the character, harley follows joker by choice, because she's captivated by him. what happens to her after that is entirely a result of her own decisions

changing that to her being driven insane through torture and the devotion being more akin to stockholm syndrome lessens both characters

• Options
    edited July 2015
    No. I said that the Joker doing torture is not surprising.
    It's still shitty and gross and it's a lazy tactic to try and make a bad guy despicable because you can't write worth shit.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular

Meh. We know duck all at this point. I'm willing to give it a watch and see what they do.

• Options

Meh. We know duck all at this point. I'm willing to give it a watch and see what they do.

Historically? Nothing good.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm also willing to give this the benefit of the doubt until it's either out or we know enough to pass judgement.

That said, David Ayer can be a pretty eXXXtreme gruesome guy some times, so I wouldn't put it past him.

This discussion has been closed.