Options

[Megagame] Stand Still Stay Silent - Game Ends

• Options
    BremenBremen Registered User regular
    This seems more like an expression of unity with SADPACT than an assertion that we have restricted Nigeria from voting in certain ways.

We were also told you wouldn't vote to repeal the sanctions next session without a bribe we are unwilling to pay. That definitely implies voting solidarity.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    Delmain wrote: »
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Stilts wrote: »
    So we can have something to actually vote on and implement regarding the containment of the virus tomorrow, the United Kingdom puts forward this resolution for consideration. Any input and suggestions for modification from other countries are welcome.

To aid in the containment of the virus, the following measures will be implemented:
    • Border closures will be enforced on infected countries
    • Mandatory inspection of all livestock-derived products made in infected countries; any meat already exported from infected countries will be subject to immediate recall
    • Shipments of clean, bottled water provided to infected countries and any countries that share major bodies of water with them
    Please amend:

To aid in the containment of the virus, the following measures will be implemented:
    • Mandatory inspection of all livestock-derived products made in infected countries; any meat already exported from infected countries will be subject to immediate recall
    • Shipments of clean, bottled water provided to infected countries and any countries that share major bodies of water with them
    • All border crossing will be contingent on successfully passing a "flashlight check" to clear the crosser of infection.
    Also, I request that this measure be put forth in such a way as to allow for Russia's reinstatement, or to be held off until they are reinstated. The nations of the world should already be implementing this.

There is no limit on Political Resolutions, I believe.

Similar to the way that we can both censure Russia and provide relief to Vietnam this week.

we can have one of each, which is why we can do both today.

Can we get confirmation? The rules seem to only limit Funding Proposals

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    So we can have something to actually vote on and implement regarding the containment of the virus tomorrow, the United Kingdom puts forward this resolution for consideration. Any input and suggestions for modification from other countries are welcome.

Please amend:

• All border crossing will be contingent on successfully passing a "flashlight check" to clear the crosser of infection.
    Also, I request that this measure be put forth in such a way as to allow for Russia's reinstatement, or to be held off until they are reinstated. The nations of the world should already be implementing this.

Similar to the way that we can both censure Russia and provide relief to Vietnam this week.

that would be great if so, might have misunderstood

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Can't we just let the wookie win?

China thinks we should let the wookie win.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    SADPACT unambiguously does not place voting restrictions on its members. My President was graciously responding to your request to speak with other SADPACT nations about potentially rejecting the resolution, which should prove Nigeria's good faith in attempting to find the most reasonably amicable response to Russia.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Bremen wrote: »
    This seems more like an expression of unity with SADPACT than an assertion that we have restricted Nigeria from voting in certain ways.

We were also told you wouldn't vote to repeal the sanctions next session without a bribe we are unwilling to pay. That definitely implies voting solidarity.

We have asked for no such bribe. We have asked for expressions of goodwill from Russia and for some conditions which will make a repeat of past incidents less likely. Brazil does not think this is unreasonable, given that we have spent inordinate amounts of resources dealing with Russian aggression when we could have been fortifying our own borders or spending that money on research instead.

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular

Please amend:

that would be great if so, might have misunderstood

I can put up multiple political resolutions on the same day - Though if I get spammed with them I'll spread them out over multiple summits

• Options

This is a gross mischaracterization of the nature of our negotiations.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options

This is a gross mischaracterization of the nature of our negotiations. At this point you are just resorting to libel.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    You're welcome to post a log if I was somehow misunderstanding you when you said that was what you wanted to repeal the sanctions next session.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    This whole conversation speaks to the lack of diplomatic acumen that was also present in our negotiations. Russia is always trying to start a war, even if it's just a verbal one. I too am disappointed that our talks fell through, but it is no reason for this behavior. I'm not going to engage with you any further.

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    If I was getting shit on for unsanctioned actions of an individual, and facing several turns of setback because of it, I'd be pretty pissed too.

I suspect you would as well.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Brazil regrettably does not have access to Time Machine tech in order to give Russia another opportunity to play out a different strategy in the opening days of the viral outbreak.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    !Vote to accept Resolution 1
    !Vote to accept Resolution 2

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Brazil regrettably does not have access to Time Machine tech in order to give Russia another opportunity to play out a different strategy in the opening days of the viral outbreak.

Oh, did you want to enter into a research agreement with South Africa on our Time Machine technology?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »

Oh, did you want to enter into a research agreement with South Africa on our Time Machine technology?

Shh! Talk about it where the anglos can't see

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Hi guys. I'm going to drink virgin Champagne in a little bit, so try to avoid blowing up the world.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Fortunately, China has access to Mercy, and is willing to share this with everyone.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Matev wrote: »
    Radius wrote: »

Shh! Talk about it where the anglos can't see

We Brits already have a time machine!

It is a blue box. Russia can't have it. They're probably allied with the Daleks

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    It is funny that Britain thinks it owns that blue box. I think its owner would disagree. We have already had "experience" with that gentleman.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Fortunately, China has access to Mercy, and is willing to share this with everyone.

We have Mercy too! Instead of sanctioning Russia punitively for the foreseeable future, we are giving them the opportunity to miss only one UN vote rather than an indeterminate amount of them. Assuming Russia is being truthful.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    It is funny that Britain thinks it owns that blue box. I think its owner would disagree. We have already had "experience" with that gentleman.

Sharing KGB secrets already? Now we're talking. Do you have Stalin's brain in a jar, or just Hitler's?

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    By the way @Gumpy @Sir Fabulous this mega game is the coolest fucking thing

much love, guys

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Solar wrote: »
    By the way Gumpy "Sir Fabulous" this mega game is the coolest fucking thing

much love, guys

Please do not forget about @MrBlarney

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Of course! Maximum love to MrBlarney too!

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    No but seriously

Run another one soon

Hopefully one where I can be sentient whales like watch the skies

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    No but seriously

Run another one soon

Hopefully one where I can be sentient whales like watch the skies
    you want to play Eclipse Phase, mate

• Options
    Half an hour to day closes

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    @gumpy just makin sure you see the proposals in Egypt's orders thread

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    OOC:

I am excited to see what happens next!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    I can only hope that what can be best classified as punitive measures don't end up leading to the infection of the largest country in the world, as it is now past anyone to reverse.

• Options
    Farangu wrote: »
    I can only hope that what can be best classified as punitive measures don't end up leading to the infection of the largest country in the world, as it is now past anyone to reverse.

But not risking millions of lives would have meant not punishing Russia for the actions of one man who's already been shot! How horrifying would that be?

• Options
    Day is closed

A Brazilian captain put's down his binoculars and orders a message to be sent off to the admiralty. Across the blockade reports are coming in that there's no sign of any activity on shore and the only things the radio operators can get are either static or silence. Spain has gone silent.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Well shit

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Almost as horrifying as holding your country hostage in your continual desire to play victim.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Fuck! That's not good!

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    At the risk of Godwinning this discussion, was Germany not censured after Hitler died? Do the actions of the Russian troops that invaded Europe not count as censure-worthy actions?

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    Let's cool our jets till we see the reports.

• Options
    Almost as horrifying as holding your country hostage in your continual desire to play victim.

How am I holding my country hostage?
    At the risk of Godwinning this discussion, was Germany not censured after Hitler died? Do the actions of the Russian troops that invaded Europe not count as censure-worthy actions?

Nazi Germany was more than just Hitler. If you want the troops who invaded Europe tried for any war crimes they committed, I would have been happy to do so if you just asked. I've done everything else that was asked of Russia.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Day is closed

A Brazilian captain put's down his binoculars and orders a message to be sent off to the admiralty. Across the blockade reports are coming in that there's no sign of any activity on shore and the only things the radio operators can get are either static or silence. Spain has gone silent.

The Brazilian Defence Ministry is putting together a report as we speak, and will be releasing all footage and trace communications until Spain's extremely concerning silence to our international colleagues. May God have mercy upon the soul of Spain.

Solar on
This discussion has been closed.