As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mike is Drawing In Circles

whoreraywhoreray Registered User regular
Hello HELLO. I really miss posting on forums and I've lurked here forever, but never managed to get around to making my own thread. Well dangit, now is the time.

ART DUMMP.

firebeast2.jpg
Yogi.jpg
BeastBird.jpg
Gunbeast.jpg
BeastGram.png
DAVV.jpg
stamps.png
SIX_Insta.jpg
DAOrcFellow.jpg

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Love the energy you've got going in these. I also really like the robot - it's nice seeing what comes out when you work slightly cleaner, the linework has a great balance.

• whoreraywhoreray Registered User regular
    Thanks tynic!

The robot is from a poster I designed for the recent Seattle Indies Expo (SIX). It's nice to clean up from time to time ;)

Six5Bot.jpg

• IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Hey man! nice to see you around again!

That poster is cool. I notices that there are some fingers and toes getting cut out in your sketches, I'd recommend avoiding that where you can. I always get drawn to those points because my mind wants to complete the gesture of the figure, and it can be distracting to not get a resolution on that, like where the feet are in your first image.

Hope things are going well! What have you been up to, in general?

Thanks Iruka :D
    Yeah haha I tend to have a bad habit of working myself into corners. I aim to avoid cutting the knees, though I didn't realize the toes would be bad as well. Thanks for the feedback.

Been busy with freelance UI stuff this year, working on indie games and *COUGH* working on this hand reference app *COUGH COUGH*
    Man I'm happy this place is still around, I was looking back at some of the old forums I used to frequent like Eatpoo, Cloudnine, Apedogs, and they're all dead.
    How've you been?

• IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Oh you worked on that? Thats super cool, man! I have yet to buy it but I've heard good things.

We've seen some slow down over time but having a larger, unrelated community helps. I've started building up some resources over here: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/categories/art-assignments-and-resources, hoping to build up some of the community features in the absense of all those old forum giants. Hope you can hang around, we have some folks who have been grinding pretty hard.

I've been good though! I'll try to update my own thread soon.

Fuck yeah Iruka, keep it going!
    FWys3.gif

Some more art dumpage to catch it up

berd.jpg
    easterbunny2.jpg
    gadgetmech.jpg
    alonetogether.jpg
    rude.jpg
    treesmasher.jpg
    oioioi.jpg