As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pinny Pal Business Cards

2»

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    So I ordered them just over a week ago and just got confirmation they've been shipped, so keep that in mind if you want to use these guys.

• Options
    Capt WasabiCapt Wasabi AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I have used Vista for cards before.
    They are cheap but do the job.
    My wife has used Moo, they are great but they are premium priced.

• Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    After already checking the mail today, I saw a small box had been stuffed between the magazine holder and the bottom of my mail box.

Spoilers it was the cards. Click pics for big.

j2tZytTl.jpg

Here's a comparison between these and the moo.com test cards. New vista cards on top, moo on the bottom:

qwWMgEql.jpg

As you can see, same height, but vista is slightly wider.

Quality-wise they're basically the same. The moo cards might feel a tad, I dunno, waxier? Spell-check says that's a word, so I'm going with it. Adding my twitter handle made it a bit squishy, with the forum URL almost being cropped off, but for what I want them for it's more than fine.

I imagine I'll be using these for pin card backs when I need them.

You can probably find a better code, but in the box was a 20% off coupon: THANKS20

• Options
    If anyone else wants to make a QR code with their username in the middle like Craig and myself, go here: http://vanity-qrcode.com

Get it right the first time though! They only let you make 3 of them before you have to start using a different browser to get around the limit.

• Options
    agentcooperagentcooper Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Yeah I did @TheAggroCraig and @BrewtiCon as well (plus my last lot I had done). I sort of kept it up my sleeve as a bonus add-on for interested parties 8-)

Let's trade: https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/agentcooper
    "Damn fine pins!"
  • Options
    Oh shit bro did I let it OUT OF THE BAG!?

• Options
    Ayefkay just had me panicking that our card's QR codes didn't work.

So I grab a QR app to test mine and he's all like "Wait, I need an app? I can't just use the camera?"

L O L

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I swear it works without it, to get whatsapp on pc Web browser you need to scan a qr code and I've done it with just the camera! You all believe me don't you!? IM NOT CRAZY

just clicked to me........whatsapp scan is within the app...not just the camera........so maybe i am crazy........

Ayefkay on
    My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    It works, anyway. As mentioned you need the scanner app

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    Ayefkay wrote: »
    just clicked to me........whatsapp scan is within the app...not just the camera........so maybe i am crazy........

That would be it.

U still crazy, doe.

• Options
    D0rkAnglD0rkAngl Lynnwood, WARegistered User regular
    Get it right the first time though! They only let you make 3 of them before you have to start using a different browser to get around the limit.

Incognito browser window. ;)

• Options
    I think I tried that?

• Options
    Have made a few of these up recently, if your interested, please have a read of the first post and drop me a line. Trust me, it'll be fun! :)

"Damn fine pins!"
  • Options
    QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
  • Options
    Wraith90Wraith90 Saskatoon, SkRegistered User regular
    Has anyone thought about making just some generic cards to promote the community? Ones that we can give out to people just starting collecting.

I was thinking of something that has the links to the forums and pinnypals, maybe include information about the collecting apps for phones and the Slack and Whatsapp channels. These could be given out at the community trading events and at the panel to help inform newcomers to the hobby about the resources out there. We are kinda spread out all around and some of the information in my mind is pretty hidden.

• Options
    blighttdmblighttdm NYRegistered User regular
    Wraith90 wrote: »
    Has anyone thought about making just some generic cards to promote the community? Ones that we can give out to people just starting collecting.

I was thinking of something that has the links to the forums and pinnypals, maybe include information about the collecting apps for phones and the Slack and Whatsapp channels. These could be given out at the community trading events and at the panel to help inform newcomers to the hobby about the resources out there. We are kinda spread out all around and some of the information in my mind is pretty hidden.

Yeah, I've been toying with Adobe's composition app on my iPad to make my own cards. Simple enough to make a basic card with
    -Main Pinny Arcade URL
    -Slack
    -Forums
    -PinnyPals.com
    What's app is by invite only, so I'm unsure how to note that?
    QR codes are easy enough too as the thread shows us, so You can add the big ones on the back side of the card.

• Options
    blighttdm wrote: »
    What's app is by invite only, so I'm unsure how to note that?

Don't bother. You might as well list a fax number!

• Options
    Don't bother. You might as well list a fax number!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Isj3wujgKXw
    Fax?!

• Options
    edited January 2016

That is an interesting question :)

Give us a couple of days to mull that over.

agentcooper on
    "Damn fine pins!"
  • Options
    I've just been thinking of ways to grow the community and a realized that there a lot of casual collectors don't know about the forums. I'm willing to take this on and / or help, I'm just busy for the next couple weeks.

• Options
    evanephrineevanephrine ev-an-eff-rinn Seattle, WARegistered User regular

What timing! @agentcooper and I have been working together (he did all the hard work) to make a set of "general" community cards, just in time for PAX South! I'll be handing them out there, and here's what they look like:
    D72GALI.jpg
    jEPEM6E.jpg

If anyone would like to make their own, click the links below to download the HQ PDF images.
    PinnyPal Card Front
    PinnyPal Card Back

• Options
    Well I'll be, pretty much what I was imagining in my head. Good job Pals!

• Options
    Exactly what I was thinking of.

• Options
    No fax number?!

Nice job!

• Options

Tried my hand at making one myself and it came out great!