Options

[Wii U] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't several of the smartphone games supposed to hit this year?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    Yeah, one has to wonder what's keeping them? It's been a few months.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edzepp wrote: »
    Yeah, one has to wonder what's keeping them? It's been a few months.

My guess would be fine-tuning. This is new territory for Nintendo, and they don't fart out unfun games if they can help it.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    I hope you're right because it's really the right time for a direct. The fervor for Splatoon and Mario Maker is dying down and they need to build hype for the upcoming buying season.

http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I'm almost prepared for the next slew of games. I'm so close to finally finishing Xenoblade I can taste it.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    I'm doing a 2-month plunge through the archives, myself. I have all of my games in an excel spreadsheet and a random number generator in there as well, and so pick the game it shows me, as long as it's been at least 2 years since i last played it. I can play everything except Wii VC stuff that requires the classic controller (that's still at my parents' place). First off to bat was StarFox Assault, which i haven't played since 2009.

The only one i know i'm playing in the span until XCX is Mario Land 2, since i can just emulate that and it's just the right size for a playthrough on the Thanksgiving holiday, makes it easier to travel.

Mr Khan on
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't several of the smartphone games supposed to hit this year?

No, just 1. I think they said they would release 4 by the end of FY 2016.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    http://gonintendo.com/stories/244108-team-meat-strongly-hinting-at-super-meat-boy-release-for-wii-u
    Check out this blurb coming from Team Meat's announcement of Super Meat Boy on PS4/Vita...
    To the fan's we're still excluding I'll leave you with this: Wii haven't forgotten about U.

Very clearly a tease of Wii U support. Since it's in a post all about Super Meat Boy, it only makes sense to think the game is coming our way.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    edited October 2015

So it sounds like there is some cool Nintendo news on the horizon. My guess is it's the Direct everyone has been craving.

Cokomon on
    post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Rogersbase is notable in my head as the organizer of Japan Time, a podcast dedicated to speculation and discussion on Smash 4.

Something cool for Smash headed our way, perhaps?

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Cokomon wrote: »

So it sounds like there is some cool Nintendo news on the horizon. My guess is it's the Direct everyone has been craving.

That was me the first couple of weeks at work. So much cool stuff I couldn't say anything about.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    http://gonintendo.com/stories/244108-team-meat-strongly-hinting-at-super-meat-boy-release-for-wii-u
    Check out this blurb coming from Team Meat's announcement of Super Meat Boy on PS4/Vita...
    To the fan's we're still excluding I'll leave you with this: Wii haven't forgotten about U.

Very clearly a tease of Wii U support. Since it's in a post all about Super Meat Boy, it only makes sense to think the game is coming our way.

Better five years late than never.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options

Metriod Prime Racing. Calling it now.

• Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    Zython wrote: »

Starring everyone *except* Samus!

• Options
    Mr Khan wrote: »

No. It'll be missing Ridley. Because he's too big.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Really I still want Prof Layton to come to smash so I can beat up some fools with Hanoi towers and block puzzles
    I also want Sami from Advance wars but I feel that is less likely

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Mr Khan wrote: »

No. It'll be missing Ridley. Because he's too big.

Ridley won't be a racer. But he will be available as a 'car', because he's big enough for that.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Really I still want Prof Layton to come to smash so I can beat up some fools with Hanoi towers and block puzzles

And that slot-machine SMG.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    This doesn't look good. What's the hook?

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Shrug it's a nice idea but I think it needs a lot more work
    As to have a side scrolling ninja beat down pizza delivery game is nice I think a lot of 8 bits games did a better job

• Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    This doesn't look good. What's the hook?

That it's coming to the WiiU at all?

• Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    ...Well, it doesn't look particularly good regardless.

I think it's supposed to be about bullying?

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edzepp wrote: »
    ...Well, it doesn't look particularly good regardless.

I think it's supposed to be about bullying?

I agree, the main character is a bully. She tossed the customer's pizza out in the rain.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Holy shit

In my attempt to get my five-star profile in 3D World, I just finished my Toad run, which means I only have Rosalina left to beat this game with

But I just did Toad's Champion Road run on the first try and now I feel like a god

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I did everything with Peach and then just kind of said screw it for the rest, too much effort for one stamp per character :p

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Wait, so to 100% 3D World, you have to beat each level five times?

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Theoretically you'd only need to go through twice, with 3 friends and all of you playing different characters. 4 different ones for the first run, then one more run with Rosalina.

In reality though, most people don't have 3 non-online friends that are willing to put up with an entire game of 3D world. A few levels at a party? Sure, it's a really fun game! Level after level, even the sucky ones, while you're trying to 100% it? ehh.... maybe break out Smash Bros. instead.

• Options
    Honestly, I played through the levels once (mostly by myself since my wife lost interest early on), and I rarely feel compelled to go through it a second time. Hearing how tedious 100% is just adds another reason to why I'm completely baffled by all the "3D World is the best 3D Mario ever" posts I see here.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    You don't unlock anything by 100%ing it. Just the fifth star on your profile, which adds nothing else.

If you still feel compelled to get it, you can totally cheese it by getting to the end of the level, grabbing some extra controllers and then touching the flagpole with the extra characters.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    I doubt I'll bother. SM3DW is one of the few Mario games I considered just selling/trading. Only reason I still have it is that being a pack-in game nuked it's resale value.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    I doubt I'll bother. SM3DW is one of the few Mario games I considered just selling/trading. Only reason I still have it is that being a pack-in game nuked it's resale value.

Confession time; I never played SM3DW. I'm so ashamed. :)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    3D World is the best 3D Mario game, and up there as one of the best overall Mario games. I happily played through all the levels with every character, but Champion's Road is too tough for me =/

I give it some tries every so often... maybe I'll beat it with at least one character one of these days.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    3D World is the best 3D Mario game, and up there as one of the best overall Mario games. I happily played through all the levels with every character, but Champion's Road is too tough for me =/

I give it some tries every so often... maybe I'll beat it with at least one character one of these days.

This is a lie. Galaxy is the best 3D Mario game. 3D World is pretty good though.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Hearing how tedious 100% is just adds another reason to why I'm completely baffled by all the "3D World is the best 3D Mario ever" posts I see here.

:? And yet most platinum trophies tend to be about as tedious. If a tedious 100% requirement makes a game's popularity "baffling," how can any game be considered good?

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Well, that alone isn't that big of a deal, it's the tedium on top of what is already possibly my least favorite 3D Mario game.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Skull2185 wrote: »

This is a lie. Galaxy is the best 3D Mario game. 3D World is pretty good though.

Ehhh. I've played Galaxy 2, and I can't imagine it's that much different from the first one. It certainly is great, but I like 3D World better.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Confession time; I never played SM3DW. I'm so ashamed. :)

You're fired

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    I achieved five stars on Super Mario 3D World sometime last year. I thought I posted a screenshot of my profile when I did so, but I can't seem to find it.

I did NSMBU though:

zlCfzRDrsiwJSmpWbI

Oh here we go, it was on my Tumblr:

tumblr_nayb3nwbpC1rwjiixo1_1280.jpg

Also NSLU:

tumblr_mwnlp3LXwb1rwjiixo1_1280.jpg

I have five stars on Super Mario 3D Land, and New Super Mario Bros. 2 as well, but you get the idea. :P

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop