As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Webcomics, it feels good.

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Lol people who struggle because things as simple as a doorknob can get them off track

That's not ADD, that's MArch.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Lol people who struggle because things as simple as a doorknob can get them off track

Actually I believe that incessant soundbite information overload has brought attention spans below requirements for modern learning on an epidemic level, myself included. Though I appreciate now the insensitivity of referring to a pathologic diagnosis.

However, not all ADD is severe as what you're describing and exaggeration doesn't help either.

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2015
    Honestly I can't even watch a full television show now without wanting to check my phone for updates.

And trying to read a novel is something I can do for maybe 15 minutes before I want to be on my PC. It's weird since I used to be able to read huge fantasy tomes for the better part of a day.

I think it's much more a lack of willpower, rather than anything approaching ADD, in my particular case.

Brolo on
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Yeah, having two monitors on my PC for the last couple years has made it hard to not multitask when I'm trying to watch something, let alone trying to get some work done.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    Honestly I can't even watch a full television show now without wanting to check my phone for updates.

And trying to read a novel is something I can do for maybe 15 minutes before I want to be on my PC. It's weird since I used to be able to read huge fantasy tomes for the better part of a day.

I think it's much more a lack of willpower, rather than anything approaching ADD, in my particular case.

I'm terrible with shows and games but get me in a book and I won't move for hours

edited October 2015
    ADD's just been on my brain with the new science updates:

1) for little kids, behavior therapy now beats out meds. This becomes less true as you age, though we haven't really tested it so much with adults.

2) ADD stimulant meds don't increase substance abuse risk

#2 is good news, but #1 suggests to me that either our behavior therapy is improving or environmental causes of ADD - or at least a significant impairment of attention span - are getting worse. And to be honest, it's very easy to believe the latter.

Also, you can have ADD but still be able to pay attention to stuff you really like. It's just sometimes your job isn't 100% immersing and some people can't cope and get fired

Paladin on
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Paladin wrote: »

Actually I believe that incessant soundbite information overload has brought attention spans below requirements for modern learning on an epidemic level, myself included. Though I appreciate now the insensitivity of referring to a pathologic diagnosis.

However, not all ADD is severe as what you're describing and exaggeration doesn't help either.

Im saying this as someone with ADD

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
    Paladin wrote: »

Im saying this as someone with ADD

Yeah, me too. It varies, but it was bad of me to casually minimize it.

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    me01gxl8g04b.jpg

api.jpg 262.2K
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    The only symptom of my ADD is compulsively making bad posts.

• EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    You guys keep typing that but all I can think of when I read that is Advanced Dungeons & Dragons.

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    haha i actually went back and looked at the demon pages

jason shiga's worbkrampblincs, everyone

Orphane wrote: »
    haha i actually went back and looked at the demon pages

jason shiga's worbkrampblincs, everyone

a jason shiga / mark millar collaboration would be pretty amazing

• MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Look! A distraction!

403.jpg

And the kitty senses it too in Stand Still Stay Silent.

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Holy shit their vehicle is cat shaped.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular

One of the nicest memories I have of the last year is losing power and reading an entire novel by candlelight that night. I used to read all the damn time but now I never do unless the situation precludes me from using a computer.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    I'm honestly cracking up right now because you might actually be the last person in the thread to notice this.

• RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    THAT CAT IS 2CUTE AHH

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    What was the name of the witch's younger sister in demon's mirror?

I also just realised today that that comic of the swordsman returning home is essentially a wuxia store, with european hits in a modern setting.

• MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    That Well of Souls comic has some ship designs that are little bit more Anime than Chris Foss but I am digging them.

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Baidol wrote: »

Pig shaped. Close though!

flrD7Q6.png

dr. murder presents… dear mr. ghostman
    october 9, 2015
    i hope this was very scary. you couldn’t tell he was dead in the second panel, but by panel three all that tension i had built up has a big payoff, in the form of that gravely serious reveal!

blood

http://chainsawsuit.com/comic/2015/10/09/dr-murder-presents-dear-mr-ghostman/

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    rv55pB8.jpg

Today's Table Titans is about being caught flat-footed in a big way.

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    A bold move, sacrificing your king so that your queen can spring the trap!

• OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    What was the name of the witch's younger sister in demon's mirror?

I also just realised today that that comic of the swordsman returning home is essentially a wuxia store, with european hits in a modern setting.

Cynthia

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    the webcrumblic is called Outsider not well of souls

ftOqU21.png
  • Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    8iynroqwxyip.png
    No more syntax for you. Only precious gurgling noises.
    do4yyvu8nvga.png

Shakespeare is a hack dumb baby

VRXwDW7.png
  • MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

You say Tomato I say Well of Souls what's the big deal

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Veretas wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »

You say Tomato I say Well of Souls what's the big deal

His website is called well of souls. Its where I found the massive homeworld database he created. It was everything we needed before wikia existed.

• Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    tumblr_ncc5t2Vmb91rmlr00o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nchkw4i8VJ1rmlr00o1_r1_1280.jpg
    “those are the worst kind of demons!!”

tumblr_ncovngLZxz1rmlr00o1_1280.jpg
    Time for everything to die!

Demon's Mirror

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    nw01_083.jpg

nw01_084.jpg

North World: Epic of Conrad ran as a webcomic in 2007-2008. The original webcomic site is now down, but the comic is available on the author's website. It has also been published by Oni Press as a paperback.

aRkpc.gif
  • jamsyjamsy Somewhere in AsiaRegistered User regular
    Time to bail people, its DEMON country!

Currently playing Brave Frontier & THE ALCHEMIST CODE - woop!
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »

One of the nicest memories I have of the last year is losing power and reading an entire novel by candlelight that night. I used to read all the damn time but now I never do unless the situation precludes me from using a computer.
    i wouldn't describe the phenomenon as being close to ADD; rather i think it's a compulsion to gain new information (sometimes no matter how trivial)

there's a very common pattern which is to have cycles of information checking (e.g. check FB, then twitter, then e-mails, then posts on a forum or whatever), and as soon as you complete the cycle, you start again immediately, even on the things you've just closed a second ago

the guy who came up with the term internet addiction disorder (i'm not a fan of the word addiction in this case) based it on a model of compulsive gambling, and although the research in the area isn't exactly great, i can see where they're coming from

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
    C4OiEv7.png

hope your relationship isn't so shitty in the future, guys

http://www.blasternation.com/comic/445-good-talk

• MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Weird, almost like a machine made for killing people isn't a great idea to try to socialize with.

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    2015-10-09-eloneoneone.png

Things continue to come to a head faster then expected.

Quire.jpg
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    2015-10-09-eloneoneone.png

Things continue to come to a head faster then expected.

How old is Becky? Cause if push comes to shove, he can't legally force her to come with him if she's old enough.

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Ah fuck here we go

god damn it and it's the Friday game too this is saddening

This discussion has been closed.