As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Computer Advice/Help

Not sure if this should go in this forum, or in the tech one, so I am posting it in both.

I am seeking advice in regards to computer/component help/advice. I am seeking to upgrade my graphics card, it is badly needed as I cannot run Witcher 3 (which I got recently on steam when it was 41.99), even on low settings.

Specs are as follows:

-AMD Phenom II X6 1075T at 3.00GHz (not overclocked yet)
-8 gb RAM
-500W PCU
-5770 graphics

I am looking to spend under $400 on a new graphics card, and have been looking at the 970(since I was told the upgrade from 970 to 980 is not really worth the jump in 150-200 dollars) or the 390X. I have found a couple models that are a 390X with 8gbs. Anybody have any help in regards to this field?

Also, I am seeking to change up my headphones/headset as well. I have the Corsair Vengenace 1300, but the volume in-wire dial is screwed up, the cup wrappings are falling apart, and the audio has begun to start to occasionally crackle. I would like any advice on that area as well, if it is not too much.

Thank you all for reading, and for any advice given.

"If nothing is impossible, than would it not be impossible to find something that you could not do?" - Me