As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Grasshopper [chat]s Heavy

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Sweet Tea is disgusting

Counterpoint: sweet tea is delicious

It combines sugar (delicious) and black tea (delicious); ergo it is delicious.

I'm not even from the south! (*northern* VA...)

no, it combines [heretical amount of] sugar (cloying) and weak black tea (piddling)

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    redx wrote: »
    Mcdonalds is apparently trying the 5 guys/smash burger approach where you customize a burger with lots of toppings. Only problem? It's still McDonald's. There is nothing if they could do to get me to try it. Even if they were giving them away for free.

Ehhh... Ehhh....

Look...

Ok

McDonald's has seriously stepped up their coffee game. Basically, when they don't fuck up your order, they are every bit as good as Starbuck, except for not getting their cappuccinos to be appropriately dry, and Starbuck's fails there frequently too.

What does 'dry' mean in this context?

maybe they just hand you coffee grounds in a cup?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I just thought about sweet tea and got diabetes

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Sweet Tea is disgusting

Every once in a while a southerner tries to tell me that I must be mistaken, as a godless Yankee I've only had Arizona iced tea and Snapple and these are inferior products. I have to explain that no, these products are actually goddamned drinkable and good! It's authentic southern sweet tea that is genuinely disgusting! Yes, the kind that is brewed black tea and a fuckload of sugar! You people are out of your minds!

My friend's mom used to make "sun tea". Tea bags in water with more sugar than would dissolve, left in the sun to heat up and essentially become tea-flavored simple syrup.

Jesus

Any time you need to mess with temperature to adjust solubility, you have too much solute holy shit

• Options
    redx wrote: »
    Mcdonalds is apparently trying the 5 guys/smash burger approach where you customize a burger with lots of toppings. Only problem? It's still McDonald's. There is nothing if they could do to get me to try it. Even if they were giving them away for free.

Ehhh... Ehhh....

Look...

Ok

McDonald's has seriously stepped up their coffee game. Basically, when they don't fuck up your order, they are every bit as good as Starbuck, except for not getting their cappuccinos to be appropriately dry, and Starbuck's fails there frequently too.

What does 'dry' mean in this context?

just milk foam, with cosmic essence of coffee

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Sweet Tea is disgusting

no, it combines [heretical amount of] sugar (cloying) and weak black tea (piddling)

It's like they took a look at soda and went, "You know, I think that is just not the right amount of sugar for a drink."

And then upped it by a factor of 100.

And then for some reason decided to flavor it like a really weak black tea.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    as a NoVA sweet tea was not a part of my upbringing
    dont put this evil on me

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    good morning chat
    only have to work today and tomorrow and hardly anyone is here
    so basically no work will be done. I'm about to call the only person I've got an outstanding request from and there is a 80% chance it will just go straight to voicemail.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Hmm

All this talk of food has made me realise that I haven't eaten since seven o' clock last night

Later [chat], time to go food shopping and make some questionable choices

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    It's ok. Different people like different things.

Southern Sweet Tea is amazing.

Unfortunately I can only drink it on my cheat day these days. But it is by far my favorite drink.

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    To me, it's ingredient quality. I don't believe that McDonalds, BK, Wendy's etc use actual food quality ingredients. And yet I am very happy to go to chipotle, smash burger, panera bread, etc.

The former target poors while the latter target the upper middle class. There's a slight difference in food quality but I would bet there's a larger difference in decor, clientele, and the design of the food items.

Like, I bet the food is more expensive wholesale, but not proportional with meal cost. Rustic bread and shitty puffy commercial bakery bread use similar amounts of flour and probably flour of similar quality and cost. But one has a very fine, tender texture and the other has been kneaded and baked until chewy.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I like sweet tea as a treat every once and a while.

I drink 98% of my tea black no sugar.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    P10 wrote: »
    dont put this evil on me

I'm saying it's not part of my upbringing either; I think it's tasty without any cultural indoctrination.

Also there is no amount of sugar that I find cloying; maybe that's the thing. Hmm, speaking of that, I am contemplating going back downstairs to the Dunkin Donuts for a second donut, as my first one this morning was nice but not completely filling...

credeiki on
    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Sweet Tea is disgusting

(You are from the south)

• Options
    cptrugged wrote: »

Unfortunately I can only drink it on my cheat day these days. But it is by far my favorite drink.

gasp

this can't be true

sound the horns and beat the drums of war

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Sweet Tea is disgusting

(You are from the south)
    ;_;

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    P10 wrote: »
    dont put this evil on me

I'm saying it's not part of my upbringing either; I think it's tasty without any cultural indoctrination.

Also there is no amount of sugar that I find cloying; maybe that's the thing. Hmm, speaking of that, I am contemplating going back downstairs to the Dunkin Donuts for a second donut, as my first one this morning was nice but not completely filling...

of course it's not filling! sugar isn't filling! Sugar is delicious crack that is never satisfactory

• Options
    Sweet Tea is disgusting

(You are from the south)

Noooooooooo

Northern is in the name!

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular

gasp

this can't be true

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ieaDfD_h6s

• Options
    Sweet Tea is disgusting

(You are from the south)

Noooooooooo

Northern is in the name!

What does that make North Carolina

• Options

Are y'all secretly bug people down there or what?

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular

gasp

this can't be true

savages, savages, barely even human

sig.gif
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    All these yankee carpet baggers up ins.

Bless your hearts.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Sweet Tea is disgusting

(You are from the south)

Noooooooooo

Northern is in the name!

It isn't though.

• Options
    Sweet Tea is disgusting

(You are from the south)

Noooooooooo

Northern is in the name!

What does that make North Carolina

uh

look let's just say I'm from DC

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular

'secretly'

sig.gif
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    I am a direct descendant of William Tecumseh Sherman.

Don't make me go to Georgia.

• Options

What? No!

/puts on his Edgar suit

• Options
    I actually don't even know what carpet bagger means. I should look that up.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    I wonder what the sugar content of sweet tea is compared to soda, considering that the latter makes use of HFCS while the former has to dissolve cane sugar.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    bless every single one of your hearts

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Since I went to drinking mainly water these days when I do drink sweet tea it just about kills me.
    Also probably because it's served in a quart mason jar.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    As a vegan the difference between Chipotle/Panera and McD's/Burger King is that the former actually has food I can eat

wandering on
  • Options
    Gooey wrote: »

that's it

*grabs torch*

I'm going to Georgia

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    I'm thoroughly enjoying the "Man in the High Castle" chat. Especially since it seems LESS absurd and ridiculous as the current political climate in the US. :P

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular

i know right that bikini is totes too small for her

• Options
    lol so Trump has been saying that a group of Muslims in New Jersey cheered on 9/11 when the towers came down and everyone is like "Um no that never happened that's not true" and he's like "I SAW IT HAPPEN" and its liek lololol

On 9/11 I was in middle school being kept in the dark about what happened until I got home and tried to watch my cartoons

Why didn't I get an invitation to the imaginary NJ Muslim Fuck-Amerikah-Rally that day

feeling really left out guys

• Options
    Trace wrote: »

that's it

*grabs torch*

I'm going to Georgia

Come on!

You walk over.. But you limping back.

• Options
    Trace wrote: »

that's it

*grabs torch*

I'm going to Georgia

Come on!

You walk over.. But you limping back.

I can't hear you over Atlanta burning sorry.

This discussion has been closed.