Options

[Podcast] thread, a magical topic here in the land of Foon.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I mean, whatever, the dude sucks, but he sucks in a way that's only going to affect him, so...problem solved, I guess

jeff clearly doesn't give a shit

Which is the best part.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I still can't get over the characterization of drinking wine while eating cheese and crackers as elitist

Dan ryckert has probably done that

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    -Tal wrote: »
    I still can't get over the characterization of drinking wine while eating cheese and crackers as elitist

Drinking wine while eating cheese sounds French to me, (possibly English.. or just vaguely Europeon.) which probably trips a lot of people's "make fun of the French" mental triggers.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    My wine is boxed, my cheese is kraft, ain't ever gunna have that pinkie out.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    In general the idea of Jeff being a fancy boy is pretty hilarious

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Wine has more alcohol than beer if you just want to get drunk and ingest carbs you can get all those things for a single hamilton at the corner store

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular

ym46sqm117z9.jpg

lookit this fancy boy

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Jeff is basically a certified expert about not giving a shit about dumb Internet bullshit

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited November 2015

ym46sqm117z9.jpg

lookit this fancy boy

Peas on
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

Drinking wine while eating cheese sounds French to me, (possibly English.. or just vaguely Europeon.) which probably trips a lot of people's "make fun of the French" mental triggers.

EUROPEON, I CHOOSE YOU

USE METAL CLAW

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Was my irate yelling on TWA too much

Obviously I was doing a bit but I'm worried that it was more obnoxious than funny

• Options

Obviously I was doing a bit but I'm worried that it was more obnoxious than funny

WHY ARE YOU UPSET, THIS IS A GREAT EPISODE made me lose it on the relisten so I think youre good

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I don't have enough context to even be bothered
    Rooster Teeth dudes talked about how Jeff Gerstmann must be aloof and eats fine cheese and drinks wine while playing games for giving Fallout 4 on consoles a 3/5

Jeff pointed out Rooster Teeth has a ton of Fallout 4 sponsored coverage both before and after release and may not be the best place for objective stances on the game

Then that dude tried to write an apology that mostly blamed it on listeners for misinterpreting his meaning and also said he had no idea who Jeff Gerstmann was despite Jeff being a guest on their podcast at E3 this year

This is kind of amazing

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options

EUROPEON, I CHOOSE YOU

USE METAL CLAW

You have failed me for the last time, Spellchecker!

• Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Are cheese and crackers fancy

considering I had cheese and crackers as a snack last night and for breakfast this morning,

nah

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    I mean if you're gonna drink some wine, you may as well grab something to nibble on. Crackers and cheese works wonderfully.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    the only wine jeff gerstmann drinks is buckfast

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited November 2015

It was spaced out just well enough to be really funny every time.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Kilroy wrote: »
    Are cheese and crackers fancy

considering I had cheese and crackers as a snack last night and for breakfast this morning,

nah

Look at this fancyboy over here

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    This thread made me listen to Magical Tavern

I'm so into this I can barely handle it. I've listened to two episodes so far, and almost lost it so many times. Arnie and Tom's comments as Usidore rambled on about their magical destiny were just the greatest.

Vic on
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    My Magic Tavern shirt arrived!

It is very soft and seems pretty well made and also came with a hand signed note from the t-shirt company thanking me

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I enjoy magic tavern but not to the degree some people do I don't think

• Options
    yeah I more or less enjoyed what I've heard but I haven't felt compelled to marathon them

• Options
    Watched gbeast play life is strange 3
    Definitely more Ito that game now that I saw how much they fuckin went for it

• Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I really disliked Chloe after watching the Super Best Friends playthrough of LiS

Watching GBEast play through is reinforcing that opinion super hard

She acts like a petulant child when you don't pay enough attention to her or support her sometimes boneheaded, sometimes morally bankrupt plans

And she absolutely will throw that stuff back in your face later

Ashley Burch is great but good acting does not prevent her from being a profoundly irritating character a solid 50 percent of her onscreen time

(ending spoilers)
    The fact that the final decision hinges around either letting her or everyone else die is completely laughable

Not that the ending was particularly strong anyway

Somestickguy on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    So I went to a great improv show last night at Second City with some friends, and any discussion of what we enjoyed from it was compleeeeetely derailed by two of the people we were with deciding to talk about how women aren't funny

So that was great

Vanessa Bayer and Aidy Bryant from SNL were there performing, but y'know women aren't funny "9 times out of 10"

And it was 2:30 AM so I did not have the ability to debate any deeper than "are you for real?"

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    My favorite part of TWA is every time Zack says 'I'm gonna cut this out' and it's still there when i'm listening

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Oh cool there's a "Singles fest" sale for single people going on over here on the PSN store
    *Checks out sale list*
    1. Akiba's Trip
    2. Akiba's Trip 2
    3. Natsuiro High School Seishun Hakusho
    4. Tottemo E Mahjong Plus

Peas on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    Oh cool there's a "Singles fest" sale for single people going on over here on the PSN store
    *Checks out sale list*
    1. Akiba's Trip
    2. Akiba's Trip 2
    3. Natsuiro High School Seishun Hakusho
    4. Tottemo E Mahjong Plus

I think you know

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    HOLD ON A SECOND

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHoB8jKORgY

Tim Curry never said cheese pizza

sig.gif
  • Options
    My favorite part of TWA is every time Zack says 'I'm gonna cut this out' and it's still there when i'm listening

imo the best recurring bit on It's A Work! is "we're not cutting this"

• Options
    It's one of my favorite thing in podcasts/LPs.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I still don't know how we went from talking about john cena to explaining the entire monday night war to stilts

• Options

Its partially laziness and partially because I think its really funny

I do cut stuff but its pretty rare

• Options
    edited November 2015
    I really disliked Chloe after watching the Super Best Friends playthrough of LiS

Watching GBEast play through is reinforcing that opinion super hard

She acts like a petulant child when you don't pay enough attention to her or support her sometimes boneheaded, sometimes morally bankrupt plans

And she absolutely will throw that stuff back in your face later

Ashley Burch is great but good acting does not prevent her from being a profoundly irritating character a solid 50 percent of her onscreen time

(ending spoilers)
    The fact that the final decision hinges around either letting her or everyone else die is completely laughable

Not that the ending was particularly strong anyway

I think they do an excellent job of making Chloe sympathetic and likeable given the shit she had to deal with growing up and seeing how it affects her and how she reacts to it

But if that doesn't work for you and you don't like her the entire game falls apart, even more so than it already does at the end

Basically imo Chloe is one of my favorite characters ever

But that's not because she's the nicest or best person, in fact the fact that she is kind of damaged goods is a deep part if why I like her so much

I dunno. I get why people might not like her but yeah the game as a whole doesn't work if you don't

Chincymcchilla on
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular

i only brought it up because it happens like 3 times in the grunge smashmouth ep and it makes me laugh every time

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular

i only brought it up because it happens like 3 times in the grunge smashmouth ep and it makes me laugh every time

I have done that kind of thing both on purpose and by accident.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    I don't know what you people are talking about (LiS ep 3)
    Chloe is a perfectly normal, happy, well-adjusted quadriplegic teenage girl

• Options
    edited November 2015
    I don't know what you people are talking about (LiS ep 3)
    Chloe is a perfectly normal, happy, well-adjusted quadriplegic teenage girl
    I wouldn't say happy.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.