Options

PWG puts on best show of the year, surprising no one [WRESTLING]

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Roman vs Cena would have some really unique crowd responses if nothing else.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    I haven't watched any WWE in probably three months (besides the occasional gifs or New Day clips posted on R/squaredcircle) and keep up to date via squaredcircle or here.

Honestly, I haven't missed it.

I mean, I'm a huge wrestling, and particularly WWE nerd, but I can't be bothered to even DVR Raw any longer. I mean, I was fucking nerdy enough to moderate multiple wrestling boards and run efeds.

What the fuck is wrong with the WWE? I should be impossible to lose, and yet, they've managed.

I'd be more upset, but I think...I simply don't care any more.

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Nothing like watching Bayley wrestle herself for ten minutes.

Thank Christ someone in NXT had the good sense not to give the Women's title to someone who can't actually wrestle just because she got crowd heat for sucking.

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    411Randle wrote: »

Thank Christ someone in NXT had the good sense not to give the Women's title to someone who can't actually wrestle just because she got crowd heat for sucking.

Spoiler: They were never going to give her the belt. They just knew that people would talk about the match if they put Bayley against Eva.

You got worked son.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Assuran wrote: »
    I haven't watched any WWE in probably three months (besides the occasional gifs or New Day clips posted on R/squaredcircle) and keep up to date via squaredcircle or here.

I mean, I'm a huge wrestling, and particularly WWE nerd, but I can't be bothered to even DVR Raw any longer. I mean, I was fucking nerdy enough to moderate multiple wrestling boards and run efeds.

What the fuck is wrong with the WWE? I should be impossible to lose, and yet, they've managed.

You might as well never come back because they'll never do the things to get you to care again.

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »

You might as well never come back because they'll never do the things to get you to care again.

I think this is a really shitty thing to say!

• Options
    Sprout wrote: »

I think this is a really shitty thing to say!

They obviously are OK with keeping their product the way it is no matter how bad people think it's getting. Why would they bother to change?

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Maximum wrote: »
    At this rate poor Blank is going to get to watch Jack Swagger and R Truth in the Main Event at Wrestlemania.
    :(

Ya'll know what time it is?

It's Swaggie Time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StZ8z62o8MY

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    I wasn't trying to be a dick to Assuran just to be clear.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    wirehead turning heel

I knew this thread needed ratings but damn, that just seems like a desperate move by the booking team

What's next, Ron Simmons becoming mod for a month

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular

Nah. This is totally a thing that can happen when you don't have real competition to fight against.

I've seen more than one opinion on here and elsewhere that one of the worst things that happened to WWE was WCW tanking and then eventually being bought. Those two companies fighting for ratings, at least initially, made them try new things like the NWO, the promotion of cruiserweight talent, the pushes of guys like Austin and Rock, D-X, etc.

They had to continually try to be interesting with their writing because the other company was trying just as hard. Competition is important. It's hard to maintain a fire under your ass when no one is nipping at your heels.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    wirehead turning heel

I knew this thread needed ratings but damn, that just seems like a desperate move by the booking team

It was more of a "sad reality" type of response.

• Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    411Randle wrote: »

Spoiler: They were never going to give her the belt. They just knew that people would talk about the match if they put Bayley against Eva.

You got worked son.

Given the decision making processes in WWE, there's no way anyone could have been sure that they wouldn't until they didn't.

I mean, I had faith that they wouldn't, but still...there's always that worry...

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options

Nah. This is totally a thing that can happen when you don't have real competition to fight against.

I've seen more than one opinion on here and elsewhere that one of the worst things that happened to WWE was WCW tanking and then eventually being bought. Those two companies fighting for ratings, at least initially, made them try new things like the NWO, the promotion of cruiserweight talent, the pushes of guys like Austin and Rock, D-X, etc.

They had to continually try to be interesting with their writing because the other company was trying just as hard. Competition is important. It's hard to maintain a fire under your ass when no one is nipping at your heels.

I wonder how bad the numbers get before USA does something in response?

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    wirehead turning heel

You seem determined to drive sad reality into every facet of conversation lately.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Radius wrote: »
    wirehead turning heel

You seem determined to drive sad reality into every facet of conversation lately.

I've been broken, it had to happen eventually.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I do thi
    Out of curiosity if you had to chose between Roman vs Brock or Roman vs Cena at Mania what would your choice be? If it's neither then never mind.

I would enjoy a roman/cena main event as long as roman goes over. if they're gonna do it they gotta fucking do it.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    I'll tone down the doom and gloom though.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I'm cool with doom and gloom it's the insistence that even talking about it is pointless because they'll never change that's the bummer. we all love wrestling, part of that (certainly when it's bad) is believing it can and will be good again. and especially with the talent they have, we have things we all want to see. talking about it isn't close to seeing it but it's something and to constantly have that hammered with insistence (I won't say reminders because I frankly don't agree that they'll never figure out how to fix whatever this rut is) that it won't get better is just depressing.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    wirehead turning heel

3u6JBGE.gif

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Variable wrote: »
    I'm cool with doom and gloom it's the insistence that even talking about it is pointless because they'll never change that's the bummer. we all love wrestling, part of that (certainly when it's bad) is believing it can and will be good again. and especially with the talent they have, we have things we all want to see. talking about it isn't close to seeing it but it's something and to constantly have that hammered with insistence (I won't say reminders because I frankly don't agree that they'll never figure out how to fix whatever this rut is) that it won't get better is just depressing.

We have NXT though. That's a consistently good WWE product.

• Options
    You know what? Screw it, NXT gives me hope someday the "main" WWE will finally evolve into what it can be.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    This thread depresses my enthusiasm for wrestling way more than the current WWE product does. But then I stick to Raw and only skip through it in an hour or two. I'll watch NXT from time to time but only watch the Takeovers in appointment TV fashion.

Goose! on
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    This thread depresses my enthusiasm for wrestling way more than the current WWE product does. But then I stick to Raw and only skip through it in an hour or two. I'll watch NXT from time to time but only watch the Takeovers in appointment TV fashion.

Yo, you should watch this week's NXT.

• Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    i feel like this thread is actually too positive on WWE

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    exist wrote: »
    i feel like this thread is actually too positive on WWE

How?

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Yeah, everywhere else where WWE gets discussed, it's a more negative environment.

Here you don't even get the regulars saying they'll stop watching for a month (and following through), or most even watching other promotions

There are a lot of things that could be said about the wrestling community here, but negative about WWE isn't one

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    that heath slater and curtis axel get ANY sort of praise tbh

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    I think this thread just praises the good aspects of WWE more than other places.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    desperate Vince usually delivers

so this next Raw should be good

• Options
    Xehalus wrote: »

You're assuming he's desperate though.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »

That's what people have said for like 3-4 weeks now

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I could see them messing around with the usual formula. But that doesn't guarantee an increase in quality.

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I think WWE has a lot of great talent that I sometimes get incredibly frustrated by how poorly they're used

but I personally suffer from horrible depression and one of my defense mechanisms is to focus on positive stuff so getting caught up in negativity about the product or organization, however much I might agree with some of it, doesn't do me any good.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    This thread is also a big safe space in the wrestling community because of that very positivity, and also, not as paradoxically as it might seem, the fact that it does call out some of the more shameful aspects of WWE or wrestling in general - misogyny, homophobia, transphobia, racism, etc.

Like, I genuinely don't think I would have gotten truly back into wrestling if not for discovering this thread when I was in a period of getting kinda curious again - I hadn't watched wrestling properly in over a decade and had had a couple similar brief flirtations with getting back into it that never stuck. but this thread played a big part in getting me back into it.

Basically what I'm saying is that without this thread I may have never watched NXT or met Sami Zayn or Bayley or Sasha Banks or the Vaudevillains and that makes me unthinkably sad.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    personally, I don't see any point in wallowing in the negative aspects of the company aside from calling out problematic shit

generally speaking I don't derive any enjoyment from talking about things that are bad or boring

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I mean I can get some catharsis out of ranting about something I really dislike but for the most part, absolutely

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I mean I can get some catharsis out of ranting about something I really dislike but for the most part, absolutely

oh sure, I can get behind an occassional rant

but the kind of constant railing against wwe that goes on in other spaces that talk about wrestling sounds exhausting to me

• Options
    AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    I think the most sensible thing people could do is fly down to Perth, Australia and watch me beat up three other men to win the Art of Fighting championship this weekend.

Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
This discussion has been closed.