As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[nfl] THIS THREAD IS AS DEAD AS THE RAMS FUTURE!

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    Peyton should come bring the niners to another super bowl next season
    Just to rub it into his best bud Tom's face one last time before he retires

What he'd be rubbing in was that he was playing for Tom's favourite team. Brady loves the 49ers. So do his parents - if the Patriots had made the Super Bowl against the 49ers, Brady's dad said he would have probably been cheering against his son.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I don't think you folks realize how bad it would feel to have the team sign Christian Ponder as a more viable backup. It's just gut wrenching. Is there not any other choice available??

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    I think they signed Ponder because Manning's gonna be in a boot for a few weeks and wouldn't be available as a backup

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I don't think you folks realize how bad it would feel to have the team sign Christian Ponder as a more viable backup. It's just gut wrenching. Is there not any other choice available??

Ryan Mallett?

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    Peyton should come bring the niners to another super bowl next season
    Just to rub it into his best bud Tom's face one last time before he retires

It would take a lot more than Peyton Manning to bring a Super Bowl to this Niner squad. Hell, you could bring in every All-Pro at their position and it would still be a struggle.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I think they signed Ponder because Manning's gonna be in a boot for a few weeks and wouldn't be available as a backup

I mean, there goes the executive of the year award straight down the drain.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Any Eagles fans around here? Trying to figure out if I should be optimistic about the Lions' chances tomorrow or not.

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Any Eagles fans around here? Trying to figure out if I should be optimistic about the Lions' chances tomorrow or not.

Mark Sanchez might be the quarterback tomorrow.

But it's the Lions.

So let's call it a wash.

I still like those odds!

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

Eagles have been shit this year, Chip Kelley can't figure out how to use any of the people he got in the offseason and he just lost his qb and has to rely on butt fumble.

Eagles by 7.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited November 2015
    I know this may be an old joke but I heard it for the first time today:

What is the best thing Brady has done to keep the Pats undefeated this year?
    Spike his phone into the ground.

It is funny cause it is true.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    That's not funny, actually. You should kind of stop talking about it, man.

• Options
    edited November 2015
    That's not funny, actually. You should kind of stop talking about it, man.

You know what is funny about that. I brought up a weird situation that I redacted that was tertiary in a statement regarding my contempt to catching rules recently. Other than that it has been brought up by Pats fans more than me to try to draw me into arguments. But yeah that is funny.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    ohhhhhhhhhh my goooooooood, Jubal

Seriously, you make the NFL less enjoyable than the fucking NFL does, and that's one hell of a goddamn accomplishment.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    The Brady high 5 denial video was funny. To this day.

That joke was like... meh.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Theo Riddick has like one route he runs. And yet it always works.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Losing Quin is a big deal. He's like the QB of their really patchwork secondary. Not optimistic after this drive a d Quin going out

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    alright @Veevee i need you to take down yorkety sax this weeek

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Eh, I'm pretty sure whatever picks I make are gonna backfire this week, don't like a lot of my players matchups

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    And so the loss begins

• Options
    The Lions are a competent football team??

• Options

Seriously, you make the NFL less enjoyable than the fucking NFL does, and that's one hell of a goddamn accomplishment.

It was just a joke. A drunken bad taste joke but one nonetheless. I will apologize for it but It wasn't that long ago Pats fans were doing it to incite us Hawks fans with the picture of Sherman with two fingers up or that horrible picture of his heart breaking on the int in the super bowl. Thick skin and all.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2015
    Piping in that drake

Couldn't spring for a real drake

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »

It was just a joke. A drunken bad taste joke but one nonetheless. I will apologize for it but It wasn't that long ago Pats fans were doing it to incite us Hawks fans with the picture of Sherman with two fingers up or that horrible picture of his heart breaking on the int in the super bowl. Thick skin and all.

Nobody was offended by the joke, I can assure you.

• Options

Good. Because it wasn't my intention.

• Options

Good. Because it wasn't my intention.

It wasnt funny, either.

• Options
    Lets put it this way: when was the last time you found that president joke about cattle guards funny?

• Options
    Lets put it this way: when was the last time you found that president joke about cattle guards funny?

You mean the Clinton era one? lol Look I will drop it if your Pats fans sensibilities can as well.

• Options
    See, here's a good joke:

The Eagles are down by 24 to the Lions.

• Options
    See, here's a good joke:

See? Now THAT is funny.

• Options
    See, here's a good joke:

We knew the Eagles were this bad.

• Options

You mean the Clinton era one? lol Look I will drop it if your Pats fans sensibilities can as well.

Actually, they found letters from the Nixon era telling the same joke. Theyre also doing it for Biden.

• Options

Actually, they found letters from the Nixon era telling the same joke. Theyre also doing it for Biden.

Comparing a less than a year incident to a joke like that is why many find Pats fans insufferable.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Man, Drew Brees had better deliver, since I started him over Stafford.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Man it feels like this whole day will be boring football.

And Megatron fantasy owners are mad. Wait nevermind.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
  • Options
    Perhaps. In a Huskie Kelley hating sort of way. It will get more fun if the Lions somehow start Lionsing it up in the 4th. But I don't think the Eagles can allow that to happen.

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    There's gotta be a mercy rule, right

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    The Eagles D/ST got me -11 in my ESPN league's custom scoring last week. I started them again this week.

gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Can we seriously stop talking about pat fans(and any/all pats cheating) already?

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    There's gotta be a mercy rule, right

I think if you lose by 30 to the Lions you're just automatically fired.