Options

Michigan Politics: Dem Trifecta!!!

• Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    I had a band director in college who is one of the best people I've ever met. He pretty much exemplifies the concept of servant leadership. Like Fred Rogers, he's the kind of person who makes you want to be a better person because the idea of disappointing him is just... wrong, somehow. He inspires fierce loyalty in his students, and he's pretty much universally beloved on campus. The deepest shame I've ever felt was when we, the marching band, embarrassed him in front of the dean by being catastrophically unprepared for rehearsal one day. He didn't say anything; he didn't have to. Nobody talked at all when we packed up our stuff at the end of that class.

He'd mention occasionally that he grew up in Flint, which didn't mean much to me at the time because I had no idea what it was other than a city in Michigan. Reading this thread... well, it explains a lot.

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    "Snyder, Turning Lead into Gold."

I'll see myself out.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    He's finally asked FEMA for help

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    of course he did. right on/around/during the SOTU. because the fact that he asked will get buried in coverage of the speech.

coward.

• Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    of course he did. right on/around/during the SOTU. because the fact that he asked will get buried in coverage of the speech.

coward.

He's a man who knowingly poisoned the water supply of an entire city.
    Not like we should be expecting anything approaching upstanding behaviour from him.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

coward.

Obama should bring that up

Just, like, talk for twenty minutes about how Snyder is a fuckhead

Then use him as a metaphor for the rest of the speech

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Nyysjan wrote: »

coward.

He's a man who knowingly poisoned the water supply of an entire city.
    Not like we should be expecting anything approaching upstanding behaviour from him.

oh I know. not denying that in the slightest.

But.

fucking coward.

• Options
    enc0reenc0re Registered User regular
    And now, a spike in Legionnaire's Disease is being reported on. Ten dead, 87 cases. http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2016/01/legionnaires_disease_cases_spi.html

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Jesus. What's fucking next? Leprosy? Or is it Locusts?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Locust Lepers.

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Dude, are they actively trying to kill every person in that town with avoidable illnesses?

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular

Locust Lepers.

Are you meaning that lepers descend upon them like locusts, or they'll get locusts that are suffering from leprosy?
    Either way, sounds bad.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    The legionella spike happened in 2014... but it is a direct result of the water switchover. Channel 5 in Saginaw is running previews of their 11 PM story on it that imply that the emergency manager was warned this could happen, and that they declined a cheap preventative measure.

Disclaimer: Channel 5 has the journalistic integrity of Infowars sometimes, especially when it comes to their previews, so if it's not on Mlive I'd take it with a grain of salt. It might not even be in their report for that matter.

Hevach on
  • Options
    zagdrobzagdrob Registered User regular
    So, now that there are actual honest to god bodies as a direct result of Snyder's negligence can we PLEASE get an indictment going?

Oh, wait, rich...white...not from Detroit...Republican...I'm going to have to wait a while, aren't I?

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    zagdrob wrote: »
    So, now that there are actual honest to god bodies as a direct result of Snyder's negligence can we PLEASE get an indictment going?

Oh, wait, rich...white...not from Detroit...Republican...I'm going to have to wait a while, aren't I?

he'll die of old age eventually

after a long comfortable life!

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Indictments, especially of governors, take time. The DoJ will want to build their case before exerting any direct pressure, because this is obviously a case where you can expect paper trails to go up in flames. Even if they want to swoop in and seize everything, they have to prove to a judge that it's justified.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    Letting Snyders admin effectively poison an entire city lowers the bar on awful. Like Walker and Brownback are pretty awful corporate stooges, they haven't done anything this awful. Congrats Snyder you've set the bar so low you'd have to actually commit intentional genocide to get lower.

I mean lets not mince words, he poisoned a largely black population of his own state because he doesn't give a fuck about them.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Brownback just hasn't had the chance. Don't count him out yet.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    The stuff Walker's done for mining interests in Wisconsin is less transparently evil, but maybe as bad long term.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    The stuff Walker's done for mining interests in Wisconsin is less transparently evil, but maybe as bad long term.

Possibly, but Snyder did this for money, ignored warnings, lied to the populace and continues to charge them for the poison.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DunderDunder Registered User regular
    I feel like Flint is something that should be trotted out every time someone says they aren't gonna vote because it doesn't matter. Or hell, every time "both sides are bad/the same" comes out.

• Options

I'm sure when a sink hole takes out a church or causes a bus full of kids to suddenly drop 30 feet will change a mind or two.

But only two.

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    Was this posted?

Break In at City Hall

Darn

Some thug broke in the mayor's suite and stole all the files about how Saint Snyder was going to save Flints water supply.

fucking hell

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

What stuff?

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Was this posted?

Break In at City Hall

Darn

Some thug broke in the mayor's suite and stole all the files about how Saint Snyder was going to save Flints water supply.

fucking hell
    shryke wrote: »
    Snyder is forming a committee! It will solve the problem, I'm sure.

EDIT: Slowly working towards asking FEMA for assistance.

"Ok committee, how can we destroy this evidence so that it's not here when we call in the Feds? I want options!"

• Options
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

What stuff?

Pierce link

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Was this posted?

Break In at City Hall

Darn

fucking hell

If that's not an inside job I can't tell why someone would specifically steal that other than covering up snyders crimes.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Public interest group to release info to media? People in flint have a lot of reasons to break in if they think the task force will shred.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Public interest group to release info to media? People in flint have a lot of reasons to break in if they think the task force will shred.

I guess we'll see, but I'm figuring they were shredded and the break in is cover for that shredding. Again Snyders admin directly poisoned a populace and I believe made a profit on the deal.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    http://usuncut.com/news/flint-republicans-send-shutoff-notices-for-lead-poisoned-water/

On phone, so hard to write extensively. However, they're basically making it worse.
    While Michigan’s Republican governor Rick Snyder and his administration may have poisoned the entire city of Flint’s water supply by electing to draw from the heavily polluted Flint River, thereby dosing residents all over the city with toxic lead at 900 times the EPA limit, none of that seems to matter at the moment as the city prepares to send out shutoff notices to some 1,800 residents for overdue payments. The shutoff notices will be the first sent out since they were halted by a judge’s decision last August.

• Options
    http://usuncut.com/news/flint-republicans-send-shutoff-notices-for-lead-poisoned-water/

On phone, so hard to write extensively. However, they're basically making it worse.
    While Michigan’s Republican governor Rick Snyder and his administration may have poisoned the entire city of Flint’s water supply by electing to draw from the heavily polluted Flint River, thereby dosing residents all over the city with toxic lead at 900 times the EPA limit, none of that seems to matter at the moment as the city prepares to send out shutoff notices to some 1,800 residents for overdue payments. The shutoff notices will be the first sent out since they were halted by a judge’s decision last August.

You drink the poisoned water you owe the men for killing you.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »

I guess we'll see, but I'm figuring they were shredded and the break in is cover for that shredding. Again Snyders admin directly poisoned a populace and I believe made a profit on the deal.
    I too figure it's more reasonable that it's a cover up of a shred job. (After all the DOJ is investigating). But we need to be honest with the options.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    I'm not sure what the point of doing a B&E to try and destroy files at this juncture would be; With the city having been poisoned for so long by these assholes I would assume that their would be a dozen some odd back ups scattered about on flash drives.

• Options
    Gaddez wrote: »
    I'm not sure what the point of doing a B&E to try and destroy files at this juncture would be; With the city having been poisoned for so long by these assholes I would assume that their would be a dozen some odd back ups scattered about on flash drives.

So much shady shit could have gone down, we know the overt facts, but god knows what the not so obvious graft shit was, that's what this destruction was about.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Was this posted?

Break In at City Hall

Darn

fucking hell

If that's not an inside job I can't tell why someone would specifically steal that other than covering up snyders crimes.

So, in case anyone was wondering where the cutoff line between "basically Nixon" and "literally Nixon" was... Yeah, there you go. You're welcome.

• Options
    I thought we'd already crossed the line between literal Nixon and Futurama Nixon a while ago.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Not a doctor Tree townRegistered User regular
    Man, the media is gonna have a hard time NOT calling this "Watergate".

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Man, the media is gonna have a hard time NOT calling this "Watergate".

pfft this is barely getting media attention

they care more what bullshit Trump tweeted today

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Was this posted?

Break In at City Hall

Darn

fucking hell

Hahahahahahaha COME ON!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter