As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Space Holes

2»

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited January 2016
    see317 wrote: »

Those are hyperspace gates, completely different from portals.

You can't just disqualify things that don't match your desired conclusion. As far as I'm concerned, if it leads to a different dimension and allows beings in that dimension to enter our universe, then it's a portal. It doesn't matter whether they came from that dimension originally or why they were there.

Edit: Ironically, the things in that series that you most don't want appearing from another dimension right next to you don't even use portals.

jothki on
  • Options
    TrygylTrygyl Registered User regular
    ...What about in Portal? I bet Chell at first was like "wonder if going through here is gonna kill me...?"

• Options
    MarkD1159MarkD1159 Registered User regular
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    "Yeah, I'm glad that came out." - Me, every morning

I mean, I'm not literally looking at it emerge from the portal, but the sentiment is the same.

Well from your body's perspective, that's actually something leaving, via a portal. So its glad that stuff is gone. Its fine when bad stuff leaves through a portal. You want that shit gone, so to speak.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    #NotAllPortals

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Waxwing42Waxwing42 Registered User regular
    Gandalf the White

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Lotta Portal-shaming in here..,

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Waxwing42 wrote: »
    Gandalf the White

#BlackWizardLivesMatter

• Options
    ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    the_gate-1987-05-g_galleryphoto_paysage_std.jpg

• Options
    CamRaCamRa Registered User new member
  • Options
    MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Yes, I'm archive diving on this fine Saturday morning....

Would we consider Thor's entrance in Wakanda in "Infinity War" to be portal related? If so, I think many of us were glad to see that emerge from a portal. Or is that more of a skybeam?

This could be a great opportunity to compare and contrast skybeam and portal modes of transportation. ;)

MarcinMN on
    "It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe