As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dark Cloud 2 - PS4 Re-release - Zelda meets Minecraft from 2003!

Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
latest?cb=20150908125207

I love Dark Cloud 2.

I don't love having to play it on my busted ass PS2 on my shitty CRT.

But now, I can play it again on my PS4 all fresh and new!

What a cool game. It certainly has some 13 year old quirks but it's so fun coming back to it.

GEORAMA!!! Why why why don't more games do this the way this game does? Minecraft and all those other types of game have that element but I've never loved it as much as I do here.

• Options
    It is certainly a game from over a decade ago.

The ability to EASILY miss stuff with no warning feels like something that's been bred out of video games.

• Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular

The ability to EASILY miss stuff with no warning feels like something that's been bred out of video games.

Is Bloodborne a good modern analogue? You easily miss areas and weapons in that game, though for the most part you can double back for them.

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Holy shit. Dark Cloud 2 was such a ridiculously good game for it's time.

Super complicated crafting, time travel, town building, and motherfucking golf. (Seriously the "Mario" golf mode was great.)

I never did finish it because there was just so much stuff to do. Still have it sitting on my bookshelf with my various Final Fantasies and Metal Gear Solids I believe. Curious to see how it holds up today.

• Options

Is Bloodborne a good modern analogue? You easily miss areas and weapons in that game, though for the most part you can double back for them.

You take pictures of things. You then use those pictures to make inventions.

Some of the pictures are tied to specific enemy attacks, including bosses. If you miss the picture of the specific attack, you are sol and just can't make specific things.

And unless you pour over the in game documentation and little inventory manuals, you might not even know what enemy or attack to look out for!