As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What is this thing in my bathroom?

2»

• Options
    Baron DirigibleBaron Dirigible Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    It used to lead to the haunted basement.
    There was a magazine rack here, but it's gone now.

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    expected thread to be about house centipedes, 0/10

We don't get house centipedes in North Texas. We get delightful little Mediterranean Geckos, the cutest of vermin.

M%20Gecko.jpg

they eat bugs basically they're roommates

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Haven't been this nervous to click on a thread in a while!

Where is it in regards to the toilet, could you just pop out the blockers and have a sweet pooping footrest?

I wonder what other help topics we'll see in the future as generations continue to pass. Confusing forgotten items replaced by technology confusing all the youngsters on my lawn.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular

We don't get house centipedes in North Texas. We get delightful little Mediterranean Geckos, the cutest of vermin.

M%20Gecko.jpg

This statement is true of both the Geckos and house centipedes.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    TechnicalityTechnicality Registered User regular
    It looks to me like a pretend victorian fireplace. If its a 90s house I'm guessing there isn't an actual closed off chimney hiding behind it, but maybe someone put it there in a misguided attempt to give the place a vintage feel.

handt.jpg tor.jpg

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote: »

M%20Gecko.jpg

This statement is true of both the Geckos and house centipedes.

The difference is that one is an adorable tiny lizard, while the other looks like it crawled out of Lovecraft's nightmares after a particularly grueling bender.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Nija wrote: »
    I don't know why, but it looks like the previous homeowner wanted a in wall heater, realized it would be a lot of work and tried to make lemonade out of their lemons.

Then I read everyone else's comments and I realized how wrong I was.

That's what I thought at first too. It immediately reminded me of the old gas heater we had in the bathroom in my house growing up.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SteamBoomerSteamBoomer Registered User new member
    This reminds me of my grandmother's bathroom from the early 50s.

She had the same radiant natural gas heater shown in this photo and it was similarly located in the wall between the tub and toilet. Above the heater was the window, which was open a bit since the heater was not vented to the outside. It had no pilot light, so a box of wooden matches was always nearby, but once it was fired up... the room was TOASTY! ho0bg7m73nwd.jpg

According to an eBay listing, the opening in the wall would be 18" x 13" x 3 3/4". With the heater installed, the overall dimensions are 19 1/2" x 15" x 6 3/4". (http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/vintage-peerless-7602-gas-heater-wall-510163131)

Such great memories. Thanks!

• Options
    SteamBoomerSteamBoomer Registered User new member
    Argh, for some reason the above photo is flipped; the knob was on the right side. Since my OCD can't let it go:
    u59xiav9jkez.jpg.
    Much better, now I can sleep. =)

This discussion has been closed.