As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

28 Confessions of a Gamestop Supervisor

CellotanCellotan Registered User new member
edited November 2007 in Debate and/or Discourse
So, I've been a fan of PA for a while now and I'm also a Gamestop employee. I've actually enjoyed most of the strips that take a jab at Gamestop/EB, mostly because most of us realize that the company makes some stupid decisions on things but it's something we can't do anything about most of the time. I agree that things like preorders, trades, and such can be annoying, and I don't expect anyone to care about why things are the way they are because I'm a consumer too. I shop at other places and realize that they have some things they do that I don't like but I deal with it. So my rant is about Gabe’s comment from the 11/07/07 regarding the COD 4 preorders, "This is what shopping in a fucking store is like! You go in and buy what you want. You can take your 28 confessions and shove them up your fucking ass. How about instead of giving me a 40 paragraph strategy guide so I can shop in your pawn shop without getting screwed you just sell me a game when I ask for it. " That bugged me so much that I registered on the forums in hopes of getting Gabe to read this.
So, this guy who sounds like a pretty decent sort of guy tries to explain to people how things work at Gamestop. I'm going to guess that he is much like me, someone who usually enjoys their job, actually tries to help people, and has gotten tired of all the bashing and just wanted to put something out there so maybe a few people will read it and understand that not everyone working at Gamestop is some sort of douche. I don’t know if you actually read the entire article but this guy seems to be genuinely trying to explain why stuff is the way it is, and much like the article says, if you don’t like your local Gamestop, shop somewhere else. I just really think it’s a really crappy move to tell this guy to “shove it up his ass” when he’s really just trying to explain to you that he’s not the douche. At the end of the day it’s a job, most people don’t get to live out their dream jobs and can’t just walk away from a job because they don’t agree with it.
I’m not going to start some sort of “I’m never going to read PA again” rant or anything, I just think that in this case it’s wrong to drop your anger from your local Gamestop on this guy, and for all I know it’s some corporate marketing scam, but regardless my point is you decided to shit on the one guy who seems to be going out of his way to explain why Gamestop does the crappy things it does.

Cellotan on

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Gabe and Tycho do not read the forums.

_J_ on
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.