As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Alan Moore to be in The Simpsons

Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning.Registered User regular
edited November 2006 in Graphic Violence

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Snake god magic cave basement?

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2006
    Every time I see a picture of Alan Moore, I think of that "Warren Ellis on Alan Moore" clip and laugh because I imagine him with "spliffs the size of chairlegs" in his mouth

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Every time I see a picture of Alan Moore, I think of that "Warren Ellis on Alan Moore" clip and laugh because I imagine him with "spliffs the size of chairlegs" in his mouth

I just listened to that. Great Stuff.

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Indeed.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Kaosu ReidoKaosu Reido Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Can I get a link to that? I had it a while ago, but I sadly lost it as well.

Kaosu Reido on
    KAOSU REIDO - The Bullet Of Justice Caps Evil's Ass

dygenguardsig2asp0.png
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited November 2006

Here it is.
    Moore also has a pretty good set of interviews you can find on YouTube, where he just generally discusses different stuff. And if you can find his song March of the Sinister Ducks, you should. It's perhaps the greatest musical achievement of the human race.

Munch on
  • Options
    Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    They're really scraping the bottom of the celebrity barrel, aren't they?

I mean, I like Alan Moore and all, but he's not exactly a household name.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Troll elsewhere, please.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    That's not really a troll.

Maybe I'm just saying that because I haven't given a shit about The Simpsons for years. But I'll tune in for this.

august on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I love Allen Moore, but everytime I see a picture of him, he lloks terrifying. Like kill you and throw you in the basemnt scary.

Bucketman on
  • Options
    Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Troll elsewhere, please.
    Yes, clearly I'm a troll because I think it's an indication of The Simpsons jumping the blue whale that they're now having comic-book writers as guest stars.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2006
    Troll elsewhere, please.
    Yes, clearly I'm a troll because I think it's an indication of The Simpsons jumping the blue whale that they're now having comic-book writers as guest stars.
    they had stan lee like five years ago

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    bobgorilabobgorila Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Stand Lee's going to resonate with the core Simpsons demographic more than Moore. My fat, retarded, chain-smoking house-mate isn't going to know who the fuck he is when she watches the episode, for example. Then again, chances are she'd never heard of Stan Lee.

I wonder if they'll push the "nobody knows who the fuck he is" angle?

More importantly, what the fuck? Alan Moore pretty much hates everyone, what's he doing agreeing to be on the Simpsons?

bobgorila on
    I like my women how I like my coffee.

Anally.
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Servo wrote:
    Troll elsewhere, please.
    they had stan lee like five years ago

It was pretty good too.

Taking some poor kid's Batmobile and breaking it by repteadly ramming a Thing action figure into the driver's seat.

Furu on
  • Options
    TM2 RampageTM2 Rampage Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    When he shows up, one of the characters is probably gonna say, "Wow, Alan Moore, the creator and The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and V For Vendetta!" to clue in everyone, like they do every time a celebrity shows up nowadays... (well, they used to just say the names on the old episodes, right? In the "new, crappy" ones, they state what the person does as well)

TM2 Rampage on
  • Options
    AzraelAzrael Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    When he shows up, one of the characters is probably gonna say, "Wow, Alan Moore, the creator and The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and V For Vendetta!" to clue in everyone, like they do every time a celebrity shows up nowadays... (well, they used to just say the names on the old episodes, right? In the "new, crappy" ones, they state what the person does as well)

Alan would deny all knowlege and not allow anything to suggest he was involved in either of the film versions.

Though I kinda liked the V movie.

Azrael on
  • Options
    SpeedySwafSpeedySwaf Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Azrael wrote:
    Alan would deny all knowlege and not allow anything to suggest he was involved in either of the film versions.

I kinda see it going down like this:

Random person: Hey, your the guy who made LXG and V for Vendetta!
    Alan: Ah, I see you recognize me.
    Person: Yeah, those were awesome movies-
    *Alan Moore punches random person*
    Alan: Associate me with that crap again and I will kill you.
    *dissapears via magic*

But seriously, I can't see why Moore would be on Simpsons. Not because it's the Simpsons, persay, but because LXG was made by Fox studios, and he absolutley hated it.

SpeedySwaf on
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    SpeedySwaf wrote:
    Azrael wrote:

I kinda see it going down like this:

Random person: Hey, your the guy who made LXG and V for Vendetta!
    Alan: Ah, I see you recognize me.
    Person: Yeah, those were awesome movies-
    *Alan Moore punches random person*
    Alan: Associate me with that crap again and I will kill you.
    *dissapears via magic*

But seriously, I can't see why Moore would be on Simpsons. Not because it's the Simpsons, persay, but because LXG was made by Fox studios, and he absolutley hated it.

Except that I don't think they have ever given any of their guest stars an introduction of any kind. Usually on episodes of the Simpsons a guest star pops in somewhere and will either be referred to by name or will act in some way that would allow people to figure out who it is.

Marathon on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    I'm pretty sure they actually have done that, though.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    Captain CanuckCaptain Canuck Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    sir ian mckellen! you're my favorite shakespearean actor!
    it's british prime minister tony blair!
    it's j.k. rowling, author of the harry potter books!

THIS IS ONLY ONE EPISODE

Captain Canuck on
    shadeodare_sig.png
  • Options
    Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    PREDICTION: Moore will hate the final product and insist that his name be removed from the credits, his voice overdubbed, and his character referred to as 'Dave Gibbons.'

Conditional_Axe on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    PREDICTION: Moore will hate the final product and insist that his name be removed from the credits, his voice overdubbed, and his character referred to as 'Dave Gibbons.'

"Dave bloody Gibbons"

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Spectre-x wrote:

"Dave bloody Gibbons"
    touche'.

Conditional_Axe on