As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Problem with wireless laptop adapter

YehoshuaYehoshua Registered User regular
edited November 2006 in Help / Advice Forum
When I plug the Linksys Wireless-B Notebook Adapter into my laptop, the power light (on the adapter) doesn't turn on and I can't connect to the internet. I'd kind of like to know if this is a fixable problem or it's broken and I just need to get a new one.

Thanks.

Yehoshua on

• Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Is it a powered USB port? Try another port.

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I don't think it goes into a USB port, because it looks like this:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000056SSM.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

It doesn't look exactly like that one, but it is very similar. Mine says "Comcast" on it, as well as "2.4 GHz" and "802.11b".

Yehoshua on
  • Options
    lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Might be worth while trying onther card in that slot if you can find one. That way you can be sure the problem isn't with your notebook.

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • Options
    exoplasmexoplasm Gainfully Employed Near Blizzard HQRegistered User regular
    edited November 2006
    Have you installed the drivers? Windows probably won't power it up for very long without drivers. Also check your BIOS settings to see if PCMCIA is turned on and such. Also check in device manager in Windows to see if it's giving a warning or something about it.

exoplasm on
    1029386-1.png
    SC2 NA: exoplasm.519 | PA SC2 Mumble Server | My Website | My Stream
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    Well, I put it into my mom's laptop and it worked. Also, It's been working for a long time, and just stopped working now, so it probably isn't the drivers.

Yehoshua on