As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pain in calf muscle.

EncEnc A Fool with CompassionPronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
edited May 2016 in Help / Advice Forum
I work fairly sedentary, and often rest my legs on my knee as I work. Lately (about 1-2 weeks) I get occasional pain in my calf where I rest my leg. I've got a GP visit scheduled for next week, but am wondering how worried I should be about something like a blood clot in the meantime. The pain is pretty localized to a single location in my calf, is a dull ache, and generally goes and comes in severity (often not there at all, sometimes there for a few minutes / hours).

Enc on

• Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Could also be a back issue, as the pain often manifests in the calf.

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    I'm now scheduled for tomorrow.

Should I be taking something as aspirin just in case?

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Enc wrote: »
    I'm now scheduled for tomorrow.

Should I be taking something as aspirin just in case?

Do what the doctor tells you. Don't take medicine in case it exacerbates it.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Drink more water than normal and consume potassium heavy foods.

I had a potassium deficiency and it caused weird random pains especially in my legs.

zepherin on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Drink more water than normal and consume potassium heavy foods.

I had a potassium deficiency and it caused weird random pains especially in my legs.

Doctor first, but potassium was going to be my non professional, off the cuff guess.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    After some sleuthing and atrip to an imaging center it looks like I damaged one of the tendon bits in my lower leg and will be getting some therapy for it to help it heal.

This can be closed, thanks to all for helping me not freak out after a trip to WebMD.