As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hyena Diorama

BuckwolfeBuckwolfe Starts With Them, Ends With UsRegistered User regular
edited November 2007 in Artist's Corner
Yeah, so I've been working on a hyena themed diorama, which explains all of the hyenas that I've been posting in the Doodle thread. I figured I might as well just put the slew of 'em in my own thread, as I'll be adding more shit, and putting it all together tonight. Hopefully it will be finished by tomorrow morning.

I'm just going to layer these three trees to make the background. If my thumbnail weren't so absolutely tiny and shitty I would post that to give everyone an idea of where this is going, but I can't. Guess it'll be sort of a surprise to see it come together. Exciting, huh?

Yay...Hyenas...

Hyena.jpg

Hyena2Finished.jpg

Hyena3.jpg

Hyena4.jpg

Using the sepia charcoal pencils is still pretty new to me, so there's some crazy variations in terms of how each hyena looks. Clearly all did not go as planned. I liked how the first one came out, and tried to replicate it with the others, but each one looks more and more distant from the previous.

Yay...Trees...
All three trees will be layered on one another to form the background of the diorama. I'll post them in order from the furthest recessed one, to the closest to the viewer.

HyenaTreeTwo.jpg

HyenaTreeOne.jpg

HyenaTreeThree.jpg

There will also be a layer between the second and the last image, featuring the fourth hyena on top of a small mount of dirt.

That's all I have right now, but there'll be more to come as the night goes on. I have to move my ass and get going on the base/ground.

Buckwolfe on

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Not much to say about the trees, but the Hyenas are niiiice, particularly the warm colour choices.

Are the black specs on this from your scanner or on the page? If you're gonna do a composite or collage of this digitally those could turn into a real headache.

Brolo on
  • Options
    TimTheSlothTimTheSloth Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The red outlines are killer. cool style.

TimTheSloth on
    redtidesig1.jpg