Options

[PSN] 7 June - Mirror's Edge Catalyst | SteamWorld Heist | Odin Sphere | Sherlock TDD

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    Zunde wrote: »
    I am in love with Odin sphere.

The Addition of skills and the streamlined inventory are really doing it for me.
    Gwendolyn and Oswalds relationship still sort of rubs me the wrong way if you look too deeply into it.

I was sold on it as soon as they said regular attacks wouldn't use power. Sitting and waiting for the power meter to build back up killed the original game for me.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Mego Thor wrote: »

The Addition of skills and the streamlined inventory are really doing it for me.
    Gwendolyn and Oswalds relationship still sort of rubs me the wrong way if you look too deeply into it.

I was sold on it as soon as they said regular attacks wouldn't use power. Sitting and waiting for the power meter to build back up killed the original game for me.

Good grief I can't even imagine playing that way

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

Honestly I think it's supposed to.

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    One of the few PS2 Classics announced before the trophy list leaked:

Also, I've seen no mention of the Stardew Valley port that's meant to be coming out later this year. I've wanted a Harvest Moon on PSN for years but this will do nicely.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Zerozaki IshikiZerozaki Ishiki Registered User regular
    If it's Remastered it's not a PS2 Classic.

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    In the follow-up Tweets, they do confirm that it's a PS2 Classic. That's what the pricepoint puts it at, too. The Remastered, I'm guessing, is just using the wrong term. Well, it's technically the right term, just the wrong nomenclature, considering the context of the word.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Haha. Made Odin Sphere slow down (Vita). Cornelius epilogue, fighting the blob and just spamming Tempest at it because AoE to keep all the small shit that keeps splitting off trapped and dying.

Well, it also causes the fight to be a fountain of phozons, so I kept spamming, but... I got to like twenty dying blobs and the miniboss all grouped and bouncing around, plus the phozons, loot, etc. Straight up loot fountain mode.

And it finally slowed noticeably. For a few seconds.

The only time I've had it slow at all.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Haha. Made Odin Sphere slow down (Vita). Cornelius epilogue, fighting the blob and just spamming Tempest at it because AoE to keep all the small shit that keeps splitting off trapped and dying.

Well, it also causes the fight to be a fountain of phozons, so I kept spamming, but... I got to like twenty dying blobs and the miniboss all grouped and bouncing around, plus the phozons, loot, etc. Straight up loot fountain mode.

And it finally slowed noticeably. For a few seconds.

The only time I've had it slow at all.

Pre-order cancelled.

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Finally got around to playing the Odin Sphere demo on PS4, and having never played a Vanillaware or any kind of similar game I loved it. The only other recent game that's had me smiling and my adrenaline pumping to such an extent is Overwatch. I'm trying to justify spending the money on the storybook edition if only for the metal case and all the art on the box and book. It's only $16'ish dollars more than the standard edition with the Prime discount.

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I'm on Velvet's chapter now, and the only character I haven't really enjoyed playing was Mercedes. She just controls in a clunky manner. The surprise levels they added for her were neat, though.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Fuck yeah Indigo Prophecy

I adore that game

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I do like the new Mid-bosses they added
    Tiny mushroom that turns into Mushroom Hulk and then Anime babes for the final health bar was neat.

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Well, I managed to buy Grand Kingdom. Wasn't allowed to preorder, though, so no bonus for me.

A lot of people seem to think that melee-units are good leaders. My leader stands in the back, reaches anywhere, and never dies.

PLA on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    They released a patch for Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth that fixed trophies today. If you have been playing it on PS4, look at your list of unlocked secrets and the trophies should pop.

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Anyone know if it's possible to download all the episodes for Siren Blood Curse if you own any of the packs? I own the first four episodes and PS+ isn't letting me download the complete bundle. I'd hate to be locked out of it just because I own one of the packs.

• Options
    Anyone know if it's possible to download all the episodes for Siren Blood Curse if you own any of the packs? I own the first four episodes and PS+ isn't letting me download the complete bundle. I'd hate to be locked out of it just because I own one of the packs.

That's always been a weird issue with PSN

I'd recommend calling Sony

• Options
    Tried their live chat, the rep created a case number and said I'll get an email response in a few days.

See what happens, I guess.

• Options
    The final chapter of Odin Sphere is odd. I mean, the fights are cool, but after the structure of the rest of the game it's kind of an abrupt change.

• Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    They released a patch for Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth that fixed trophies today. If you have been playing it on PS4, look at your list of unlocked secrets and the trophies should pop.

Hrmm...haven't seen anything over here, but i'll keep my fingers crossed that it's in the post. Thanks for the heads up, Josh.

steam_sig.png
    時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    Man, this Grand Kingdom is a ton of fun, now that I'm not only getting my ass kicked without knowing why.

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I pulled the trigger on DA:I as well. For that price I pretty much had to.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »

It's not a bad game. The characters are mostly pretty great with the exception of Sera. The plot is serviceable. Your party combat AI is dumber than a box of nails that will suicide constantly, while they took away the good gambit systems from DS1/2. And once you get to the 'halfway' point and open up tier2 crafting + subclasses you can break the game so easily all further challenge is gone.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Alright, I changed my mind about the Odin Sphere's final chapter. Most of those fights are just kind of boring. Due to the size of the bosses, I found that most abilities tended to miss or not be otherwise beneficial, so they were mostly attack spam fights. The final one was probably the worst in that regard. Otherwise, that was a great experience. I'm glad they overhauled the game because it really deserved it.

Time to start waiting on Aegis Rim in earnest.

Artereis on
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Man, Steamworld Heist is sooooo good! Full of charm, nice characters, and you think "This is pretty easy" and the you get to the third big area and you're all like "Those cheating bastard opponents" :biggrin:

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    furlion wrote: »

It's not a bad game. The characters are mostly pretty great with the exception of Sera. The plot is serviceable. Your party combat AI is dumber than a box of nails that will suicide constantly, while they took away the good gambit systems from DS1/2. And once you get to the 'halfway' point and open up tier2 crafting + subclasses you can break the game so easily all further challenge is gone.

Sera's only sin is that she's not Varric.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    I also found a huge fuckoff crystal that increases ATK by 30 % in an area, so I put it behind a bunch of bullshit in a defensive formation and so justice rains from above.

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    So I finished Steamworld Heist on Regular difficulty. I started New Game+ on Elite, and apparently I'm a masochist because it's bloody hard! But when you get a magenta drop you treasure it as your firstborn child (yay for Repair Oil and my piercing pistol).

And I have seen two enemies with South Park hats but I failed to shoot those off :bigfrown:

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    Got my South Park PS4 Platinum yesterday

Now just focusing on Odin Sphere and SteamWorld Heist as we sit through a small drought until NMS appears

• Options
    Put some Monster Rancher on PSN.

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Something something, The Drop.
    New Releases: June 21, 2016

Asemblance
    PS4 — Digital

Asemblance is a single-player, first-person, psychological thriller. You wake to find yourself trapped inside an experimental machine. A machine built to simulate memories. You have no idea how you got here… But to break the cycle, you must look into a past that you may not want to remember.

Deadlight: Director’s Cut
    PS4 — Digital

A zombie outbreak eradicated all hope of life returning to normal. Now survival is the only option. Run, hide, and fight your way through the undead as Randall searches for his family in this gorgeous, gritty, destroyed world. Deadlight: Director’s Cut is the ultimate Deadlight experience, with enhanced controls, new animations, and new game modes.

Drawful 2
    PS4 — Digital

The team behind the hit party games Fibbage, Quiplash, and You Don’t Know Jack presents Drawful 2, the game of terrible drawings and hilariously wrong answers! Use your phone or tablet to draw weird and funny things like “pitcher of nachos” or “death by trombone.” Drawful 2 includes new features like the ability to add your own user-generated prompts to make even crazier custom games with your friends, as well as expanded tools for streaming.

Dreamals: Dream Quest
    PS4 — Digital

There is a world of dreams called Dreamland, where anyone can have their wishes granted. Three wounded and homeless animals happened to enter Dreamland. Will they be able to find the lost treasures of Dreamland and save the world?

Electronic Super Joy
    PS4 — Digital

Electronic Super Joy is a challenging platformer featuring a pulse pounding soundtrack by EDM superstar, EnV! Run, jump, fly, and smash your way through 50+ unique levels, featuring low-gravity, world rotation, giant monsters, and swarming missile attacks!

Funk of Titans
    PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Cross Buy)

Funk of Titans is a thrilling and addictive game, simple and fun to play but hard to master. You will control Perseus, the son of Zeus and protector of the legendary holy music: the Funk. Run across ancient greek mythology, risk your life jumping over crazy platforms, collect funk vinyl, beat enemies, wear epic costumes, ride the legendary Pegasus, and smash the evil Musical Titans in fierce dance battles.

Mighty No. 9
    PS4, PS3 — Digital (PS4 Version at Retail)

Mighty No. 9 is a Japanese 2D side-scrolling action game that takes the best elements from 8 & 16-bit classics that you know and love and transforms them with modern tech, fresh mechanics, and fan input into something amazing!

MXGP2 — The Official Motocross Videogame
    PS4 — Digital, Retail

Prepare to live the motocross dream! Race on 18 official tracks of the 2015 season of the MXGP championship, experience the thrill of MXoN, show your worth on the four spectacular indoor tracks. But that’s not all… create your own team and rider and don’t forget to enhance the performance of your bike with the countless accessories from the biggest brands in motocross!

N.E.R.O.: Nothing Ever Remains Obscure
    PS4 — Digital (Out 6/24)

N.E.R.O. is a wonderful journey in a world of incredible beauty, a story-driven game with puzzles and intuitive controls where the environment is connected to the characters and their past. The world of N.E.R.O. is magical and varied, making exploring an ongoing challenge.

Pac-Man 256
    PS4 — Digital

Pac-Man 256 is the maze that never ends. But the Glitch is coming for you… Waka waka on Pac-Dots and take on a new gang of revived retro-ghosts including Sue, Funky, and Spunky. Outsmart them with more than 20 ridiculous power ups!

Pirates: Treasure Hunters
    PS4 — Digital

A new free-to-play experience is here! Pirates: Treasure Hunters is a MOBA where action dominates the course of battles through dynamic and direct character control. Choose from a broad range of Hunters, each one equipped with unique weapons and skills. Take them to battle and face the opposing team in exciting online matches with up to six on six players.

Professional Farmer 2017
    PS4 — Digital (Out 6/24)

Get ready for the rural lifestyle! This game is set on your own farm! Enjoy the life of a farmer with all its amazing tasks and challenges! Drive your original vehicles, cultivate your fields, take care of your animals, and market your produce! Different seasons and weather conditions guarantee realistic game fun.

Umbrella Corps
    PS4 — Digital

Join the corps! Umbrella Corps brings a competitive experience featuring new types of strategy and technique blended with elements from the world of Resident Evil, to create a unique kind of shooter.

It's basically an Indie Week this Week, though Umbrella Corps comes out solely to be the big fish in a small pond, I guess. I don't think it's doing much beyond that, since Operation Raccoon City might've poisoned the well as far as 'competitive experience' 'from the world of Resident Evil' goes. Not to mention, I didn't know the game actually existed. I think I'm out of touch but not that much. Maybe.

If you're looking to give Mighty No. 9 a shot, remember that it's Cross-Buy physically and digitally across all three Playstation Platforms. So if you buy the PS4 disk, it's supposed to come with a code for a digital copy of the PS3 and Vita versions.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Artereis wrote: »
    I'm on Velvet's chapter now, and the only character I haven't really enjoyed playing was Mercedes. She just controls in a clunky manner. The surprise levels they added for her were neat, though.

Mercedes and Cornelius have been my favorites so far. Mercedes especially, because she melts boss life bars like Channing Tatum's abs melt panties.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    TOTALLY getting PacMan 256

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Hosting a board/video game party at my place on July 2nd. Gonna have a bunch of friends over and we're going to be such vulgar jerks to each other with Drawful 2. Pretty much the only game releasing on that list that is a must-buy for me.

Holding off on Mighty No. 9 for a while.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Drawful #2 is a must buy for anyone with real friends. So. Much. Fun!!

26904.png
  • Options
    Stupid wrote: »

Until said friend draws the same dick pics over and over and over.

"Bro, I can't not draw dicks..."

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Stupid wrote: »

Until said friend draws the same dick pics over and over and over.

"Bro, I can't not draw dicks..."
    The secret is working the dick drawing into what you actually need to draw.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    Something something, The Drop.

It's basically an Indie Week this Week, though Umbrella Corps comes out solely to be the big fish in a small pond, I guess. I don't think it's doing much beyond that, since Operation Raccoon City might've poisoned the well as far as 'competitive experience' 'from the world of Resident Evil' goes. Not to mention, I didn't know the game actually existed. I think I'm out of touch but not that much. Maybe.

If you're looking to give Mighty No. 9 a shot, remember that it's Cross-Buy physically and digitally across all three Playstation Platforms. So if you buy the PS4 disk, it's supposed to come with a code for a digital copy of the PS3 and Vita versions.

Its not listed in the drop, but the digital version of Grand Kingdom on the PS4 also releases this week. Its preloading on my PS4 right now with a midnight release countdown clock.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Put some Monster Rancher on PSN.

I am so mad that I cannot find my PS1 copy of Monster Rancher and Einhander.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    I found a merchant yesterday who only sold a bunch of moustaches. I bought three.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    I have a question for the Odin Sphere veterans in here. This Royal Orb that I got for finishing the boss rush, it says it increases my attack power by a percentage based on my level, but also drains Phozons.

Now, does this increase in attack power only happen while I have phozons to be drained? Or is this increase in attack power just always on and the trade off is that I can't keep any phozons while using the orb?

Viskod on