Options

[chat]xit

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    My girlfriend wants a secular wedding, but I want a Jewish one so I can smash on some glass and I can dance without even having to leave my chair.

• Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    a
    Just read a synopsis of the latter two books of the Hyperion Cantos. It's exactly the lunacy I remembered.
    a bunch of time travel to justify cyclical events and the revelation that there is a universal force, some kind of quantum level force, and it's LOVE! and it lets you teleport and feel more empathy and fight robot technology and Jesus had it in the past and it's activated by a virus in the messiah's blood, which Messiah is the empathic component of a future god entity formed by an ascended human civilization and dwelling within and mastering that force, and opposed to the godlike machine intelligence of the AI civilization, and they have been fighting throughout time for eternity

That is just a mess

Most of that was just in Hyperion I think? Not the bit with the virus, but everything about robot John Keats Jesus vs the evil AI and EMPATHY and Time Travel and uh I don't know the cosmology was dumb, but I don't necessarily require cosmology to be good if the rest of the book is somehow redeeming (which it isn't quite).

No, the first book had some of it, but the explicit explanation that Jesus had magic love powers because he is a time traveling god fragment from the future apotheosis of Man was only in later books, as were the bizarre blood cult that spread those powers and the really nutso time loops that made every character ACTUALLY ANOTHER PREVIOUS CHARACTER

The Hyperion books were fine. Great even.

It was Endymion that went a bit too into left field.

That whole series is delicious and everyone should cram it into their face-holes.

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    is it not normal to listen to the same song on repeat for hours
    everyone here has some sort of unstudied quasi autism
    so yeah
    it is very normal for us
    My brain operates exactly like the brain of a normal person. I don't know what you're talking about.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    on further reflection, In Da Club would also be a good song on repeat for birthdays

Grape Ape on
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Hakkekage I got to use you in a conversation because my Dad was trying to tell me about the crazy ways heat stroke can affect you and an anecdote from a friend of his that experienced it, and I was like

"Hold on old man, I have a superior story."

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    If I ever get married we're not doing any of that Corinthians crap

I'm thinking 2 Kings 2:23-25 instead

I like that I don't even have to look this up anymore to know what verses you're talking about.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    My girlfriend wants a secular wedding, but I want a Jewish one so I can smash on some glass and I can dance without even having to leave my chair.

The chair thing happens at the party so you don't need a specifically jewish wedding for it.

It's sort of scary though! Especially if all your friends are weedy nerds who look like they might drop you.

...I do recommend having a Jewish wedding if that's an option because they are very short, probably cheaper than renting some venue, also you do not have to write your own vows or arrange a lot of ceremonial logistics or anything.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Hakkekage I got to use you in a conversation because my Dad was trying to tell me about the crazy ways heat stroke can affect you and an anecdote from a friend of his that experienced it, and I was like

but im not even dead

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    mysticjuicermysticjuicer [he/him] I'm a muscle wizard and I cast P U N C HRegistered User regular
    MrMister wrote: »
    listenonrepeat is a very important site

omg you just changed my life

you can also right-click on YouTube videos and select 'loop'

so much undertale musics :3

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
    My YouTube Channel! Featuring silly little Guilty Gear Strive videos and other stuff!
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

This works even better if you're not actually Jewish.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    apparently i can be somewhat productive if i put Chandelier on loop forever and ever

I once wrote a 2500 word essay with The Gambler on loop for 3 and a half hours

Later, I was admitted to a psychiatric hospital

I listen to this on repeat when I need to do work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8ZAx_OvKpM

there is no way this track is not scoring a movie montage where a young and naiive sci fi hacker karate kid chosen one trains to defeat a great evil that he is destined to meet for the fate of humanity

Actually I think I started listening to it because I saw @So It Goes listening to it on Spotify

• Options

but im not even dead

What is this story?

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    listenonrepeat is a very important site

omg you just changed my life

you can also right-click on YouTube videos and select 'loop'

so much undertale musics :3
    i did not know this
    i suspect this happened cosmologically recently

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options

but im not even dead

I didn't see you post for almost 12 hours after you went home so naturally I feared the worst

• Options
    Alt post: Aren't you

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    so yeah
    it is very normal for us
    My brain operates exactly like the brain of a normal person. I don't know what you're talking about.

I'm definitely not neurotypical, but I don't think I'm anywhere on the autism spectrum. Might be better off if I were closer to it; if anything, I think that overly acute social sensitivity, leading to social anxiety, may be more my problem.

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    knitdan wrote: »
    If I ever get married we're not doing any of that Corinthians crap

I'm thinking 2 Kings 2:23-25 instead

I like that I don't even have to look this up anymore to know what verses you're talking about.

How the fuck did two bears get 42 mother fuckers? Those were some dumb ass kids right there. They had to like wait in line to be mauled

Sleep on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    @Elendil @eddy thinking of starting a hardcore fallout 4

Any starting stats recommendations given that I'm not very good at the game

• Options

but im not even dead

I didn't see you post for almost 12 hours after you went home so naturally I feared the worst

i was chillin' and cuddling with my man!

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    I still don't understand what dabbing is, referring to the dance(?) and not vaping hash oil

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    'gamer trash' is redundant fyi hth

like "anime pedophile"

but

i am an anime
    that's it bucko you're going straight to pedophile jail!

oh wait sorry you're a girl my mistake you're free to go

• Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular

Please invite me, I am a blast at the hora

Covered in commemorative yarmulkes and heaving newlyweds like it's a caber toss

• Options
    @Elendil @eddy thinking of starting a hardcore fallout 4

Any starting stats recommendations given that I'm not very good at the game

Intelligence, then bam you're smarter at the game.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    There is a theory that I am making up as I type that when a human brain is near death, it creates a sort of "simulation" for the senses to enjoy, based largely off familiar / pleasant experiences, to protect itself from the horrors of the dying process.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Arch wrote: »
    kedinik wrote: »

I studied this in undergrad!

It was cool.

When one Subaru ad man … proposed the gay-targeting ads in talks with Japanese executives, the executives hurriedly looked up “gay” in their dictionaries. Upon reading the definition, they nodded at the idea enthusiastically. Who wouldn’t want happy or joyous advertising?

several stories from my sheltered homeschool life

at one point I dressed up like "a hippie" for a homeschool thing? I dont remember what it was. Some group history lesson thing. anyway, I had kinda longer hair and tied it up with a rainbow bandanna. I thought it looked cool so I wore it to my conservative church after I took the rest of the costume off and people flipped out and I didn't understand because i didnt know that rainbow=gay

around the same time I bought a pin from the first hot topic to open in south carolina that said "I don't even think straight!" which I thought was a hilarious way to say that I was zany and random and i didnt realize it was a gay thing for a bit

i also had almost that exact same "why is it bad to be happy?" back and forth with a friend when he tried to explain what "being gay" meant

Arch your are a tiny treasure

• Options

but im not even dead

...what is this story?!

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
  • Options

but im not even dead

What is this story?

i was stupid and didn't hydrate properly for a short summer race and I ran too hard and collapsed with heat stroke and acute kidney failure and I ended up in the hospital for 3 days and now I can't feel my fingers or toes the end

That reminds me to refill my water bottle

• Options
    drink water people it's real good for you

• Options
    holy fuck hakkes! :bigfrown:

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2016

I've mentioned that I don't want a big ceremony before and was told that a big reception is necessary because weddings are excuses to get everyone to give you gifts

Shivahn on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    also real talk the fact that the church i went to became super hateful and anti-gay and just terribly stereotypical of an ignorant southern church is one of the main reasons i left the faith

lol

• Options
    There is a theory that I am making up as I type that when a human brain is near death, it creates a sort of "simulation" for the senses to enjoy, based largely off familiar / pleasant experiences, to protect itself from the horrors of the dying process.

This is like the scariest thing I've ever written / mostly stolen

• Options
    Shivahn wrote: »

I've mentioned that I don't want a big ceremony before and was told that a big reception is necessary because weddings are excuses to get everyone to give you gifts

That's bullshit no way you get enough gifts to cover the costs of the wedding.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

but im not even dead

Translation of Hakkes post:

"I was playing Splatoon."

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options

Somehow still crossed the finish and got a medal tho

They put it in a bag with all my stuff and beasto took it home and he said it smelled REAL bad

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    so yeah
    it is very normal for us

yes we are all normal humans here with normal human brains and none of us are the alien consciousness here to exterminate all life on this insignificant planet.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    isn't there a green text about hydrating
    curse my lack of memexpertise

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited June 2016

This is like the scariest thing I've ever written / mostly stolen

mostly stolen

(tbf it IS a real good story tho)

MrMister on
  • Options

Somehow still crossed the finish and got a medal tho

They put it in a bag with all my stuff and beasto took it home and he said it smelled REAL bad

witness me! :bigfrown:

narwhal wrote:
    Why am I Terran?
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    so yeah
    it is very normal for us

yes we are all normal humans here with normal human brains and none of us are the alien consciousness here to exterminate all life on this insignificant planet.

I bet no more than 3 of us are lizard people.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
This discussion has been closed.