As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Literally everybody is rerolling Demon Hunter [SE++ WoW]

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Yeah, once CRZ started stuffing together so many servers I lost my taste for world PvP

and that's not to say I'm lamenting there being no alliance at all to worry about

I just only enjoyed it when it was same server only really, so you could get to know the people involved

I enjoyed BGs a lot more when that was the case too, but there are definitely benefits to throwing together everyone there to balance it out.

• Options
    ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    Ranlin wrote: »
    Yeah, once CRZ started stuffing together so many servers I lost my taste for world PvP

and that's not to say I'm lamenting there being no alliance at all to worry about

I just only enjoyed it when it was same server only really, so you could get to know the people involved

I enjoyed BGs a lot more when that was the case too, but there are definitely benefits to throwing together everyone there to balance it out.

as much as I will totally moan about CRZ in open world.
    CRZ for queues of any kind are a blessing. Being able to queue for something at 3am and expect to get in without too much trouble is great.

Just... keep it out of my damn open world. Thanks blizz.

• Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    CRZ only refers to open world anyway, so queues are safe

mkc.png
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    I've been given the impression that our entire shard is pretty low pop anyway... wonder if Legion fails to stimulate things maybe we'll be eligible for realm migration

• Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    Yeah according to realm pop it is.
    US Cho'gall is a Normal PvP realm in the United States region in the America/Los_Angeles time zone. Blizzard calls it a low population realm. These statistics include its Connected Realms: US Auchindoun, US Laughing Skull.

Realm pop has Chogall/Auchidon/Laughing skull at 49,762 Alliance players and 166,501 Horde.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Not surprised it's a low shard, you're practically missing an entire other faction on Cho'gall alone. Laughing Skull I think was similar, no idea about Auchindoun.

There will probably not be server transfers though when they can link another server to CRZ instead.

Madican on
  • Options
    The new CRZ stuff is really weird too.

It's almost like how Cho+laughing+auchindoun and connected in that I keep seeing the same servers in the old world zones (notably Mal'Ganis and Illidan) And even when I go get on my Illidan characters I can bump into Shambler milk people in old world zones.

EXCEPT pandaria, which for some reason illidan has a different CRZ to Cho'gall.

• Options
    Yeah I was leveling my paladin through MoP over the weekend. Didnt really see the usual weirdos, just a lot of players with a * by their name.

• Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    CRZ: Oh, THAT'S why questing in Tanaan is such a damn chore now.

• Options
    Nullzone wrote: »

actually isnt Draenor still on the "its just your connected realm unless somebody hopped" server?

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    they do still have actual server migrations every now and then im pretty sure

i have a character on a "big" server and the difference is notable. CRZ doesnt fix everything

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    they do still have actual server migrations every now and then im pretty sure

i have a character on a "big" server and the difference is notable. CRZ doesnt fix everything

They do still have server migrations, yeah. But if anything got migrated it'd be Alliance to Cho'gall et al. And they've tried that in the past without much success.

• Options
    Zenyatoo wrote: »
    Nullzone wrote: »

actually isnt Draenor still on the "its just your connected realm unless somebody hopped" server?

I took the CRZ talk to mean they already turned it on. If it is just my realm, then there are a LOT of people hopping to my realm, or people on my server habitually logging in again.

I used to be able to do all of the Tanaan dailies in something like 30 minutes, in part thanks to the elite area of Ruins of Kra'nak being totally devoid of other players, and the mobs there giving proportionally more % per kill than anywhere else (but not really being any harder to kill). Now there are constantly 5+ people back there clearing it out - same with Iron Front and Zeth'gol. I basically do Throne and Ironhold Harbor and then slog through Zeth'gol (the west and south "camps" in there thankfully tend to respawn fairly quick), unless one of my objectives specifically needs me to go somewhere else.

• Options
    Yeah CRZ is definitely on in WoD, at least for Tanaan. A lot of non LS/Auchidon players out and about in the zone. Its annoying when trying to quickly bang out a daily and having to contend with ally gankers but on the flip side, when its peak time or during the weekend, one can actually grab people in the zone to do shit that requires a group.

I was finally able to get my shark tank blue print (I havent played since 6.0.2) on Saturday when I asked in /1 if anyone felt like giving it a go and rather quickly was able to put together an impromptu raid group.

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    CRZ would be fine and good if they adjusted spawn rates (particularly of rares!!) to accommodate the significantly higher player population. But, they don't, and it turns their attempts at increasing social aspects of the game into silent hostility, as now there's other people not even from my realm here stealing my mobs making whatever I wanna do take longer. Course they did try and alleviate this with the recent 5 player tapping, which is a good change, but doesn't really help the rare situation as much for the long spawn timer rares. CRZ is why I've given up on TLPD, Poseidus, and wanted to get the voidtalon so bad in the past - once CRZ is/was turned on here, they're damn near impossible to get because of sheer volume of people camping at all hours.

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    CRZ would be fine and good if they adjusted spawn rates (particularly of rares!!) to accommodate the significantly higher player population. But, they don't, and it turns their attempts at increasing social aspects of the game into silent hostility, as now there's other people not even from my realm here stealing my mobs making whatever I wanna do take longer. Course they did try and alleviate this with the recent 5 player tapping, which is a good change, but doesn't really help the rare situation as much for the long spawn timer rares. CRZ is why I've given up on TLPD, Poseidus, and wanted to get the voidtalon so bad in the past - once CRZ is/was turned on here, they're damn near impossible to get because of sheer volume of people camping at all hours.

You can get TLPD in a group now - I've seen a bunch advertised in premade. I'm assuming it works the same with the others (though maybe not Voidtalon since you have to enter a portal first)

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    It does, yeah, but you necessarily *HAVE* to camp it with CRZ, the odds of just stumbling on it are essentially zero. You just get to camp in a group now.

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Man, I will never forget finally finding the TLPD after weeks of camping it. Whatever the slowfall potion was back then when TLPD was introduced, it let you cast your abilities in midair; I flew right up into that fuckers face and dismounted midair, popped the potion and started flailing at it like some crazed mary poppins as I daintily descended onto the ground, prey in tow.

cackled like a maniac for a straight 10 minutes when the jerk was dead.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Who all can make some illusion tomes for enchantments? I want to get shit made on the cheap so I can use all these enchanting mats I've been using on nothing useful.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Zay can.

Big dumb Zay.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnjGw9ZL3QQ

Maw of Souls looks awesome

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    Yeah CRZ in Talador sucks a big bag of butts, particularly when I'm just trying to get Montina (who has no flying) some damn oil
    Also we only built this guild on Cho'gall because it was like 10-1 Horde.

if you picked cho'gall initially to avoid dealing with ganking, why did you pick a pvp server at all?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Obviously so we could victimize the tiny Alliance population?

mkc.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    that was the obvious answer but I didn't want to assume

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    The less glib answer is to keep the mild thrill of a dangerous open world while drastically reducing the chances of it becoming a nuisance
    And because I created this guild with my family and wanted to laugh at my sister when she got shanked by a Gnome

mkc.png
  • Options
    MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    Watched that video and chuckled a bit at New Zone: Dalaran

4FNao2T.png
  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Nooooo not another Violet Hold dungeon.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    Nooooo not another Violet Hold dungeon.

Yeah but now the portals are GREEN now instead of blue!

• Options
    Well, it can't be any worse than Black Morass

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    poor poor gnomes

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I always liked violet hold :/

• Options
    Yeah I have no problems with going back to Violet Hold, it's straightforward and avoids the stupid bickering over things like attempting to "sequence break" the dungeon vs just killing everything easily in the time wasted doing so. And dying doesn't involve a four minute trek back through the instance.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    They also kept the 4 or 5 'no I'd like to skip this trash please' buttons scattered around the dungeon, which is nice.

• Options
    Javen wrote: »
    They also kept the 4 or 5 'no I'd like to skip this trash please' buttons scattered around the dungeon, which is nice.

Those were for the water guy though!

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Help I am thinking about getting Legion even though I never hit the cap in Warlords...

• Options
    Uriel wrote: »
    Help I am thinking about getting Legion even though I never hit the cap in Warlords...

Key questions: when did you play warlords and were you leveling along with other people at the time?

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

Key questions: when did you play warlords and were you leveling along with other people at the time?

I played the first couple of months.

And no I was kind of just soloing the story content which is usually my jam anyway since it's often good for binging podcasts while completing quests.

What got me was, I was focusing a lot on the Garrison systems, trying to get it put together well, which I realized was just raid prep after a certain point. I usually prefer to keep raid prep for after leveling so I can really decide if I'm going to want to raid in that expansion at all. That's really what made me quit.

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    If you buy legion you get a free level 100 boost so you can skip warlords entirely and be ready for Legion.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    rhylith wrote: »

I played the first couple of months.

And no I was kind of just soloing the story content which is usually my jam anyway since it's often good for binging podcasts while completing quests.

What got me was, I was focusing a lot on the Garrison systems, trying to get it put together well, which I realized was just raid prep after a certain point. I usually prefer to keep raid prep for after leveling so I can really decide if I'm going to want to raid in that expansion at all. That's really what made me quit.

Ahh I see!

If that's the case, I'd be kind of on the fence about it, but lean toward checking it out.

What little I played of the beta (stopping because I don't want to ruin too much) was among the best solo story content they've released, so if you'd like more of that then it's probably worth it. This expansion also does a lot to incentivize doing dungeons again, so if raiding isn't as much your jam that is available as an alternative.

But if you don't usually end up sticking with an expansion for the long haul it may not be worth the full 40 bucks plus a month or two or sub time? Kind of depends on how much you plan to play.

I will say that the guild always welcomes more people, and there's no better time to play than right when the expansion releases.

rhylith on
  • Options
    Just realized nearly all my engineering goodies, like portals, mailbox, and blingtrons are now toys! Yay Bag space!

Jeeves still takes up space.

This discussion has been closed.