As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mary Blair [chat]

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    @Shazkar Shadowstorm We are going to 90's fest and if you go without me I'm going to be very sad.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    13738208_757738497701127_768742587760084873_o.jpg

You know how we were talking about 90s concerts... umm

lol at the lineup

At least get GOOD 90's bands!

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I've had this weird idea kicking around in my head for the last couple of weeks.

I've heard many stories of math teachers and the like challenging their students to make a million tally marks in a month and if they manage to do it they get an A for the quarter (or w/e). The point being that nobody can pull it off and the students get an appreciation for how big a million really is.

I've done some searching and I can't find that anyone's ever done it.

I kinda want to grab a couple of cheap cameras and a mic and start streaming me filling out sheets of graph paper with tallys every evening until I pull it off.

huh, this is literally the first time I've ever heard of this

also do you really want to spend ~200 hours on this

Having done the math

If you don't get fatigued (ha) it'd only be like 56 hours (I can make very messy ones >5/second, if we're doing the cross for the fifth tally)

But that's still a shitton

you will totally get fatigued tho lol

fuck im tired just thinking about it

It would be really hard to keep track

We would just have to take you at your word how many there are

I'd be doing it on graph paper

vowels, graph paper doesn't actually graph anything for you

you still have to count

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I have video game ADD again because I am playing too many at once currently.

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    I thought Tracer was an Aussie
    london
    (london...australia?)

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    If you look up period piece official on YouTube, that's the series. Hakkekage "Shazkar Shadowstorm"

You shoulda asked me I want to dress up like a regency aristocrat

PM me if you're interested I think they still need extras for the trump episode tonight.

I can't tonight ;_;

Well that sucks. I can't either, I was supposed to be in it too.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    swell a victory pose for a character I have never and never plan on playing

[img][/img]n5j2hg.jpg

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    I have video game ADD again because I am playing too many at once currently.

Play half minute hero

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular

'cism

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    sometimes I like to look thru the spam folder on my computer.

"Profitable vacancy in pleasurable working climate is open occasionally in our Company as we are expanding our team to meet our purchasers` needs. We employ people to occupy this vacancy with main wage starting at $4,300 monthly. We also stimulate our personnel with miscellaneous extras"

Tell me more about these miscellaneous extras.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I guess Egyptians aren't qualified for the olympics according to blizzard. I mean there's literally no other reason to forego giving even one of two Egyptian heroes a skin. This erasure

• Options
    BronzeKoopaBronzeKoopa Registered User regular
    When newspapers don't properly research the graphics for their pokemon go pieces, linked because that's not official drowzee art.
    http://imgur.com/LAnvMfG

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    I've wanted to take up knitting for the meditative aspect for a long time. Just never have.

I tried coloring for a while and liked it

I have never learned how to knit, but cross stitch is pretty much the best. It's also more similar to coloring in that you are filling up a flat area with color as opposed to creating a 3d object from scratch. But it's less portable than knitting/not socially acceptable to do in public or semi-public areas the way knitting is.

You know I think I might enjoy this, especially the idea of pixelating something I like and then creating something physical from that.

I'm going to look into it, thanks

@Six I am using pikopixel (free mac software) and tracing anime-style art. If you want to pixelate something non-cartoony it'll be more difficult but definitely still feasible, just requires more of an editorial eye. But not really much in the way of art skills, just sort of deciding what colors each pixel is and how many colors it is reasonable to use, and then being creative with things like eyes where you have to simplify while still retaining the original read more or less.
    It's something that it seems like you should be able to use a computer to do, but it's not trivial, and some things like faces are going to require a human eye because just going with the closest color from your preset palette may not result in the best human-interpretable expression. Certainly just mindlessly downsampling is terrible.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    That summer overwatch thing real? Neat, definitely gonna play more of that.

At least till No Man's Sky comes out. And in between Witcher 3 and my new job I guess. And I need to resub to WoW at some point before the xpac I guess.

Fuck.

But I'm A+ certified now so fuck yeah!

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »

Step 1: MDMA

Step 2: C+C Music Factory

Those are your first two steps for every project

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    I guess robots can't compete either. So much for equality. Yeah sure. give the forever young Brit, rich DJ, and Russian a skin

Ludious on
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    holy hell the soccer brawl is amazing

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular

'cism

I mean I initially thought she was British but then someone said she's from Australia and I was like OK i guess I don't even play overwatch i'm just in it for the d.va memes

Gremlin+dva+is+objectively+the+greatest+thing+to+come+out+_5fd1ad01262d270534010f4c2e6d29be.jpg

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular

TL DR wrote: »

IF IT WORKS IT WORKS

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

I mean that step 1 is a p good start to just about anything.

• Options

I mean that step 1 is a p good start to just about anything.

Not keeping your ptsd untreated. It's s terrible start to that

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    why do i have marky mark's good vibrations stuck in my head

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I've had this weird idea kicking around in my head for the last couple of weeks.

I've heard many stories of math teachers and the like challenging their students to make a million tally marks in a month and if they manage to do it they get an A for the quarter (or w/e). The point being that nobody can pull it off and the students get an appreciation for how big a million really is.

I've done some searching and I can't find that anyone's ever done it.

I kinda want to grab a couple of cheap cameras and a mic and start streaming me filling out sheets of graph paper with tallys every evening until I pull it off.

huh, this is literally the first time I've ever heard of this

also do you really want to spend ~200 hours on this

Having done the math

If you don't get fatigued (ha) it'd only be like 56 hours (I can make very messy ones >5/second, if we're doing the cross for the fifth tally)

But that's still a shitton
    without doing a cross and having them legible I get to about 70 hours continuous

• Options
    she's out of doritos...:cry: tragedy

ClHRLHpUgAA6ZIH.jpg

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    where did the d.va doritos meme come from

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    she even has dorito fingers

10/10

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    actually this is rly gud art i liek a lot

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    keeping an accurate count is what slows me down
    you could figure out a range for the max number of tallies you can fill in an area and then go above it to ensure 1 million tallies final
    there are many approaches

• Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »

apparently its cause her backstory is a starcraft II pro gamer

• Options

The subtle inclusion of unshaven legs. Defying gender norms vis-a-vis gaming AND beauty standards.

11/10

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I'm growing up into an old man who spends his time repeatedly watching Fringe, Downton Abbey, and Band of Brothers.

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    why do i have marky mark's good vibrations stuck in my head

Is there a place in which you would rather it be stuck?

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

She's a streamer and pro gamer like character.

She streams her matches from the cockpit.

Her personality.

It was fate.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

Yes I like this one a lot as a more realistically shaped gamer gremlin

...not that I would know about that!

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    what if those are just pieces of doritos that got stuck to her wet thighs lud?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    I guess robots can't compete either. So much for equality. Yeah sure. give the forever young Brit, rich DJ, and Russian a skin

The Russian is also racist against robots.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    The cheaters upset that blizzard banned them even though they spent money are just delightful. Blizz should go to their houses and just laugh. Give them a support email that just responds with a picture of the Overwatch cast doubled over pointing and laughing.

• Options
    bowen wrote: »
    what if those are just pieces of doritos that got stuck to her wet thighs lud?

Go on

• Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    I have always dug that thing where over the top fantasy characters are shown just kinda hanging out on there time off screen.

Seems like there should be a word for it.

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Guys lets ban talking about games like Overwatch that I don't play, and only talk about games that I am currently playing

thank you

What do you play?

Lately I've been playing Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising.

I just beat it and I want to try a Hardcore playthrough but I'm scared. The underlying game mechanics are the same, but they remove the HUD (which is super useful for figuring out where the hell enemies are and where the hell to go on the giant map), remove the hit indicator (and unless headshot enemies usually unflinchingly take several bullets, so I've got little way of knowing how accurate I am when shooting from far away), and remove check points (you have to complete the whole level in one go without dying, some of them are >30 minutes long and have a bunch of enemy spec ops waiting for you right at the end... yuck).

This discussion has been closed.