As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX West 2016 Concert Lineup Announced!

ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front ProductionsLake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
edited August 2016 in PAX West
http://west.paxsite.com/music

Friday Night (in no particular order)
MC Frontalot
Bit Brigade
The Videogame Pianist

Saturday Night (in no particular order)
Super Guitar Bros
Triforce Quartet
The OneUps

Who are you most looking forward to seeing? Personally I'm super thrilled that The OneUps are FINALLY coming back after having not played a PAX since 2008. I've made friends with those guys over the years (as well as Bit Brigade, Super Guitar Bros and Triforce Quartet) thanks to MAGFest, but it makes me so happy to see them all here.

NSw0gum.png
Coldbrew on

• Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2016
    I'm rather sad 7bit Hero isn't back at Prime. :(

Seems solid, though. If not a little heavy on the cover bands...

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    oldskoolboarderoldskoolboarder Registered User regular
    What venue does this occur? Is there a minimum age?

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Concerts are held in our Main Theater at Benaroya Hall.

The only requirement is a valid badge for that day.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    LazorzLazorz Tokyo, JPRegistered User regular
    Maybe someday JoCo will come back

• Options
    dragon keeper xdragon keeper x Registered User regular
    I'm seeing the lineup for 2017. Where is 2016? ;)

Max sig size: 500x80px <3 Moe
    sig_dragonx.jpg
  • Options
    jukkakhanjukkakhan Registered User regular
    Excited to see Triforce Quartet again! And I'll finally get to see VG Pianist. I remember watching his blindfolded Mario Melody on Google Video. Not Youtube, Google Video.

PimDtoK.png
  • Options
    kalanikalani Straight Edge O.G Edmonds WARegistered User regular
    Good line up .But i dont like the Benaroya Hall. It is way too far. I know there is a shuttle bus to Benaroya Hall. But it does not run after the Concerts .I walk with a cane and last year it took me 40 min to walk back to the sheraton . I hope this year they run a shuttle bus after the concerts

• Options
    solomon123solomon123 Registered User regular
    Can't wait until next year! 2017 typo...

xg81x9uysw01.png
  • Options
    gorgeousplanetgorgeousplanet Meat Popsicle OregonRegistered User regular
    kalani wrote: »
    Good line up .But i dont like the Benaroya Hall. It is way too far. I know there is a shuttle bus to Benaroya Hall. But it does not run after the Concerts .I walk with a cane and last year it took me 40 min to walk back to the sheraton . I hope this year they run a shuttle bus after the concerts
    Hire an Uber driver! We used one last year to get back from the H.P. Pubcraft Lovecrawl, and it was only $15 with a first-time-user discount, compared to the taxi we paid to get there in the first place for $30!

• Options
    MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    Super excited to see Triforce Quartet back again!

1tLJUH2O.png
  • Options
    ZorbaneZorbane Registered User regular
    Why isn't there any concerts on Sunday?

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    That's when Acquisitions Inc. is. That goes from 6 - 9, and the time it would take to turnaround the stage for concerts would leave pretty much no time for anyone to actually play anything.

• Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Did I typo the thread title or something? lol

Anyway, MC Frontalot just announced a show for Monday night at El Corazon. Pretty common for him. Nobody else on the roster yet but I'll bet a couple of these other main stage acts will be on it.
    EDIT: Kirby Krackle is on the show as well, they're a good local band.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    DreamwriterDreamwriter Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    kalani wrote: »
    Hire an Uber driver! We used one last year to get back from the H.P. Pubcraft Lovecrawl, and it was only $15 with a first-time-user discount, compared to the taxi we paid to get there in the first place for $30!
    A cheaper alternative is to take a bus - Benaroya Hall has an entrance to the underground bus tunnel, and the tunnel entrance at Convention Center Place is on 9th and Pine right across from The Paramount. So just take the elevator down there, hop on any bus, you only have to walk a couple blocks without hills. The tunnel is open until 1am Friday/Saturday, midnight Sunday, buses cost $2.50.

Dreamwriter on
  • Options
    oldskoolboarderoldskoolboarder Registered User regular
    Thanks for the bus guidance. I'm sure there'll be Uber surge pricing so bus options are helpful to know.

• Options
    XenoZergieXenoZergie Registered User regular
    Why has this page not been updated with this information?
    http://west.paxsite.com/schedule/category/con-p

• Options
    edited August 2016
    I've passed it along to someone at PA.

edit: And the page has already been updated

whypick1 on