As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Battleships Forever or: Holy shit this game is cool!

• Options
    ValkunValkun Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    First round moves are due by tonight. We're sticking with the 1.0 Top Speed = 1 Move rule. Just keep it in mind when designing your ships.

If all moves are in by around 10:00 PST tonight, I can put up the results. If no one has any problems with it, I'd like to move the deadline for moves up to 10:00 PM from now on.

Valkun on
  • Options
    RoundBoyRoundBoy Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    D'oh.. my ship designs are on my work machine. Let me whip one up again.

RoundBoy on
    sig_civwar.jpg
    Librarians harbor a terrible secret. Find it.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Strange, Himura.Kenshin seems to have gone oddly absent. Just waiting on that last player before the game can be updated. It's interesting to see that every player has their own ideas on starting fleet composition. Everyone is just planning on peaceful expansion of your territories, right? ;-)

Are we still doing the custom ship tournament? Things seem to have gotten oddly quiet around here lately.

Valkun on
  • Options
    OctobotOctobot Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    i hope we are continuing the ship tournament too (although might want to consider seperating the threads to make it easier to keep up with each one?).
    I am determined to get out of the first round in the fleet tournament (at least last time i lost to the eventual winner, that has to count for somthing;-))

Octobot on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Same here, I need to keep entering until I have a Battleship of Battleships. :x How about we do a frigate only tournament for a change of pace next week? I'd be willing to run it again since my torrent of midterms is over come Monday.

Valkun on
  • Options
    Himura.KenshinHimura.Kenshin Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Sorry about that, I just found out today its my 4 year old cousins birthday. I just got home (its 1:00 now) and had to rush together a fleet and whatnot at the last second. Just finished sending it ^.^

EDIT: Crap I forgot to post the link for the ships. They're being sent to you now =O.

Himura.Kenshin on
    Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici -- By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe. ~ V

Nothing is stronger than the will to live. ~ Himura
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Himura, I need links to your ships. I'll start processing the moves now.

Valkun on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Again, I apologize for the tardyness >.<

Himura.Kenshin on
    Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici -- By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe. ~ V

• Options
    edited November 2007
    Battleships Forever, Conquer the Galaxy
    2738 AD Month 1
    galaxyPlanetsDay1.JPG
    Note: There's a slight error in the map. Exploration Alpha actually won at J7

Movement Summary
    The Hong Kong Cavaliers
    Nipple Tugger(2) Formed, K1->K2

Octovian Star Empire
    Expedition 1(1) Formed, C3->B3->A3->A2
    Expedition 2(1) Formed, C3->D3->E3->F3
    Expedition 3(1) Formed, C3->C4->C5->C6
    Expedition 4(1) Formed, C3->C2->C1->C16

Servitor Republic
    Hesistant Executioner(1) Formed, I6
    Inadequate Prognostication(1) Formed, I6->I7->H7->G7
    Unexpected Deprehension(1) Formed, I6->I7->J7

Emerald Empire
    Exploration Alpha(1) Formed, M9->L9->K9->J9->J8->J7
    Exploration Beta(1) Formed, M9->L9->K9->K10->K11->K12
    Exploration Gamma(1) Formed, M9->L9->K9->K10
    Exploration Delta(1) Formed, M9->N9->O9->P9->P8->P7

Shygis Armada
    Seeker Armada(1) Formed, O5->N5->M5->M4
    Scouter Armada(1) Formed, O5->P5->P6->P7

Smugglers' Alliance
    First Expeditionary Fleet(1) Formed, C11->D11->D10->E10->E9->F9
    Second Expeditionary Fleet(1) Formed, C11->B11->B10->B9->B8->B7
    Third Expeditionary Fleet(1) Formed, C11->D11->E11->E10->E9->E8->E7
    Fourth Expeditionary Fleet(1) Formed, C11->B11->B12->A12->A13->P13

Holy British Empire
    Recon A(1) Formed, H13->H14->H15
    Recon B(1) Formed, H13->H12->I12->J12->K12
    Recon C(1) Formed, H13->H14->H15->G15->F15->E15->D15
    Recon D(1) Formed, H13->H12->I12->J12->K12->K11->K10
    Recon E(1) Formed, H13->H12->H11->H9->G9->F9

Combat Summary
    The Hong Kong Cavaliers enjoy a month of peace.

Octovian Star Empire Captures A2
    Octovian Star Empire Captures F3

Servitor Republic's Unexpected Deprehension is Destroyed by Emerald Empire's Expedition Alpha at J7
    Servitor Republic Captures G7

Emerald Empire's Expedition Alpha Destroys Servitor Republic's Unexpected Deprehension at J7
    Emerald Empire Captures J7

Shygis Armada Captures M4

Smugglers' Alliance Captures B7
    Smugglers' Alliance Captures B7
    Smugglers' Alliance Captures P13

Holy British Empire Captures D15
    Holy British Empire Captures H15

Economy Summary
    The Hong Kong Cavaliers
    Ships: 2
    Planets: 1
    Income: 50
    Maintenance: 20
    Resource Point Total: 30

Octovian Star Empire
    Ships: 4
    Planets: 3
    Income: 150
    Resource Point Total: 120

Servitor Republic
    Planets: 2
    Income: 100
    Maintenance: 15
    Resource Point Total: 85

Emerald Empire
    Resource Point Total: 80

Shygis Armada
    Resource Point Total: 80

Smugglers' Alliance
    Planets: 4
    Income: 200
    Maintenance: 16
    Resource Point Total: 234

Holy British Empire
    Ships: 5
    Planets: 3
    Income: 160
    Maintenance: 13
    Resource Point Total: 217

Fate:
    The Hong Kong Cavaliers
    The Lovers

t_MA06.jpg
    Game Effect: This player may decide, by the end of the current day, upon another player whom they cannot attack or be attacked by. Conversely, a random player will be forced to attack and be attacked by the Hong Kong Cavaliers if that choice is made. This effect lasts until the end of the game. Using this card is optional.
    GNN: In Entertainment tonight, citizens from the Cavaliers rolled out the red carpet for famous actress, and next in line to the throne, Mirx from the <garble> who has come to advertise her new holo. Rumor has it that Roundboy, himself, even came to meet her and give a grand tour of his Palace on Planet 10. Talk is also big about her upcoming wedding to <static hiss> slated next month. Despite being a political marriage, the service and official parties held in its honor are expected to be the spectacle of the decade!

Octovian Star Empire
    The Sun

t_MA19.jpg
    Game Effect: At the end of every turn, information on a random fleet will be revealed to this player.
    GNN: The Octovian Star Empire has finished work on its ORACLE Deep Space Scanner in orbit of Octus Prime. It was, of course, the Octovians who originally discovered that the universe is not as large and infinite as once thought, but merely a single continuous curved sphere. Their latest research facility is designed to search for rare mineral elements in the empty regions where few have explored.

Servitor Republic
    Death

t_MA13.jpg
    Game Effect: One random fleet owned by this player will be unable to move this turn. This player can choose another player to also have one of the chosen player's random fleets immobilized.
    GNN: Doctors are warning people to stay away from the Servitor Republic where an epidemic of Hyper-flu began last week. Symptoms include nausea, listlessness, hallucinations, and a strong desire to listen to Michael Bolton. If you think you may have gotten Hyper-flu, please contact medical personnel right away.

Emerald Empire
    The Hierophant

t_MA05.jpg
    Game Effect: At the beginning of this turn, a randomly selected planet will form a 'religion' in this player's honor. Every turn, five resource points that would have been generated on that planet are given to this player instead. All ships built on that planet are identified to this player. Any player that draws the Hierophant Card from now on will have one of their planets converted in the above manner.
    GNN: A cult on planet <pop crackle> began marching down the streets of the capital city this week proclaiming the divinity of Emporer Not Uncle Dave. Donning golden horned masks in the Emperor's image, these fanatics wildly attack anyone who offers a dissenting opinion against their deity. Their numbers seem to grow daily to the complete shock of the officials. Representatives of the Emerald Empire have yet to respond to these events.

Shygis Armada
    The Hermit

t_MA09.jpg
    Game Effect: Any fleet that gets within three squares of movement of this player's home world is revealed to this player. This effect is permanent.
    GNN: Might you be psychic and not even know it? One man in the Shygis Armada awoke one morning at his nursing home screaming and writhing. What doctors initially diagnosed as a seizure turned out to be one of the strongest psionic responses on written record. Word has it that the man has fully recovered and has gotten a job at the palace, probably as a greeter.

Smugglers' Alliance
    The Star

t_MA17.jpg
    Game Effect: This player cannot attack or be attacked during this turn. Additionally, 10 Resource Points are gained.
    GNN: Pacifists have taken over the Smugglers' Alliance ruling party in a bloody coup. Twelve died Tuesday night as an unnamed assailant lobbed an electron grenade into the middle of a business lunch. Already, Planet Hollywood is nearly done with the production of a holomovie based on the tragic events of earlier this week, it is expected to be a blockbuster hit.

Holy British Empire
    The Empress

t_MA03.jpg
    Game Effect: This player's home planet gains a permanent +10 Resource Points per turn.
    GNN: Citizens of the Holy British Empire have inexplicably started donating on mass to the coffers of Emperor CmdPrompt. They had this to say: "He's a bloody fine king, that one is." This reporter is befuddled as to why the Emperor would be covered in blood but fashion is not really my area of expertise.

Global Effect
    Justice

t_MA11.jpg
    Game Effect: Any ships destroyed this turn will require their attacker to pay half that ship's price to that ship's owner. Players can have a negative number of Resource Points because of this card.
    GNN: Like locusts, attorneys have been seen swarming en masse from planet to planet. Officials warn that you should not approach these animals as they are highly dangerous. Should you find one in your home or place of business, please contact the authorities immediately.

#. <Player Name>, <Empire/Space Democracy/Whatever Name>, <Home Planet Name>, <Desired Color, Pick from Forum Font Colors>
    1. Roundboy, The Hong Kong Cavaliers, Planet 10, DeepSkyBlue
    2. Octobot ,Octovian Star Empire, Octus Prime , Dark red
    3. Anthelion, Servitor Republic, Anthelia, Slate Gray
    4. Not Uncle Dave, Emerald Empire, Limian XII, and Lime
    5. MetaHybrid, Shygis Armada, Salohcin, Red
    6. Himura.Kenshin, Smugglers' Alliance, Corellia, Purple
    7. CmdPrompt, Holy British Empire, New Britannia, Teal

Valkun on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Whew, I think I definately deserve some sleep now. If I were some of the players that got unlucky or didn't gain much momentum in this turn, I'd start looking for some friends to band together with. Things should start to get interesting from here.

Valkun on
  • Options
    th15th15 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    New Version Released
    Get it here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/bfdownload.php

Once again, I bring you gifts of binary 1s and 0s. This new version works out a few bugs in the previous one and implements a few improvements.

The most prominent new feature is the ability to resize the Sandbox to any size you want. Be warned though, it can adversely affect performance. If the special effects become too pixelated in the sandbox, try running the game with Surfaces off.

Full changelog available here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1#1

Valkun: Thanks for putting so much effort into running your own campaign for this! I appreciate it and I'm sure the others appreciate it too.

th15 on
  • Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Where did you get those tarot cards from Valkun? They're lovely.

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    http://www.archeontarot.com/

Doing that single turn took a lot longer then I expected, hopefully it'll go faster now that I have a base to work off of.

If you guys want, you can name the new planets in your empires. It'd probably be more interesting then calling them "D5" and "A4". Just send that along with your turn summaries.

Valkun on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Hmm... maybe I misunderstood this first turn :(

Oh well.. I will go out in a large explosion.

RoundBoy on
    sig_civwar.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Do the fate cards remain in play for the entire game? or are they per-round? (the wording on one card(Heirophant) makes it seem like per-round, but others make them seem like the whole game)

Octobot on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    If the effect is permanent, the card will usually say so. Also, I've fixed the labels. D: I accidentally used the wrong list of names when I was labeling the moves.

Fixed the wording on The Hierophant.

Don't give up RoundBoy, make some deals and work on getting ahead. It's still early in the game.

Valkun on
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Is there a link to "points" and "rules" and other such stuff for the battleship-forever info. Because it doesnt look like the ship creator has a way to determine the points used in a ship. As well, there are "cheezy" things one can do to a ship to mess with how good it is which dont seem like it would affect values.

Also, if th15 is the creator:

1. This is awesome

2. A point system on the ship creator so you could see how many points you had spent would be very cool.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    The point system is entirely outside of the official game and changes from tournament to tournament.

Valkun on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    that is great its burried in a 36 page thread. Or somewhere else on the internet. So that doesnt help. But integrating points into the official game would be handy, such you could figure out how many points youve spent easily.

Also, how do you have a tournament without multiplayer?

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    CmdPromptCmdPrompt Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    This is the current rules we're using.

We do multiplayer by having someone, Valkun in this case, run the battles using the ships we've created.

Also, I love how every single person came up with a different name for their scouting fleets :lol:

CmdPrompt on
    GxewS.png
  • Options
    MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    You're doing an amazing job with this Valkun. I was half expecting me to lose in the first round somehow. :P

I name my Captured Planet. Nerise

MetaHybrid on
    3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Yeah Valkun you are just going above and beyond to run somthing like this for everyone!

Should we submit names for captured planets?

Octobot on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Emerald Empire
    First Expeditionary Fleet(1) Formed, C11->D11->D10->E10->E9->F9
    Second Expeditionary Fleet(1) Formed, C11->B11->B10->B9->B8->B7
    Third Expeditionary Fleet(1) Formed, C11->D11->E11->E10->E9->E8->E7
    Fourth Expeditionary Fleet(1) Formed, C11->B11->B12->A12->A13->P13

Smugglers' Alliance
    Exploration Alpha(1) Formed, M9->L9->K9->J9->J8->J7
    Exploration Beta(1) Formed, M9->L9->K9->K10->K11->K12
    Exploration Gamma(1) Formed, M9->L9->K9->K10
    Exploration Delta(1) Formed, M9->N9->O9->P9->P8->P7

Our names/moves are still mixed up. I [Smugglers' Alliance] have the Expeditionary Fleets, he [Emerald Empire] has the Explorations.

Also, I disagree with my card =P. As we are just a fledgling Smugglers' Alliance, we didn't declare war on anybody for the sake of our own backsides. Other than that, I actually don't mind the card: the benefits so early in the game, IMO, outweigh the cons. However, am I allowed to continue settling on planets?

One question: What is the status of the planet at F9? From what I see at his point expenditure, I am guessing his ships are nothing more than cores who's max speeds have been increased. I would assume my ships, which have greater masses, would win a ramming contest ^.^.

Two question: The Lovers card acquired by RoundBoy lasts until the end of the game... so he cannot win through conquest?

Three question: Will new cards be used every turn, or the same cards?

Himura.Kenshin on

• Options
    edited November 2007
    I also have a question regarding cards. are the cards which were shown this turn active next turn? or were they active in the turn they were shown (the first makes sense, but i would just like to make sure)

Octobot on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Yes, you can continue to settle planets this turn, as long as they're neutral.

The Lovers is a card of dillemma. He can choose to use it or not. He'd either have to wait until that player loses or declare a diplomatic victory. This is purely hypothetical, but given his position he could choose to form an alliance with the strongest player for protection.

New cards will be issued every turn. Note: The same card won't necessarily have the same effect every time it's drawn.

The cards drawn will take effect this turn, the one that's due tonight at 10:00 PM PST.

I probably would have noticed the mix ups earlier if everyone didn't name their fleets Expleditcon Alphaone. :lol:

Valkun on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    CmdPrompt wrote: »

We do multiplayer by having someone, Valkun in this case, run the battles using the ships we've created.

Also, I love how every single person came up with a different name for their scouting fleets :lol:

Thanks a bunch.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    CmdPromptCmdPrompt Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    From what I see at his point expenditure, I am guessing his ships are nothing more than cores who's max speeds have been increased.

Pft, I would never stoop so low. Each one has its own section.
    It wouldn't let me save a ship without one section

This turn is going to be interesting, I'm tempted to run a couple of my ships on suicide missions to take advantage of Justice...

CmdPrompt on
    GxewS.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    CmdPrompt wrote: »

I came up with a name for each of my ships too, and a unique design for each =D.

My controlled planets:

C11 (Home Planet): Corellia
    B7: Selonia
    P13: Drall
    E7: Talus
    F9: Tralus

Corellia, Selonia, Drall, and the Twin Worlds of Talus and Tralus: The Five Worlds.

Also, can I open up my own holonews feed? I've suddenly found quite a lot of time available to me over the next week =D

EDIT:

I'm pretty sure noone named their fleet "Expleditcon Alphaone" ^.^

Also, I decided to mix functionality with fun, which cost me 16 points in sections =P and I guess 20 points in movement. I even went as far to write up a history to each of my ships ^.^

Himura.Kenshin on

• Options
    edited November 2007
    Argh, unediting. Do I need to leave forces behind at each of my planets?

Himura.Kenshin on

• Options
    edited November 2007
    If you don't have at least one fleet at your captured planets by the end of a turn, then they get reverted to neutral statis, and you won't gain any resources from it for your next turn. Your home planet however, never is turned into a neutral planet,

MetaHybrid on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I'd like to make a clarification in regards to Justice. If your ship commits suicide, the "attacker" will be considered no one. In the latest version, ships without weapons simply fly towards enemy ships and self destruct.

Valkun on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Should we download the latest verison, or keep using the earlier one for the rest of the game?

MetaHybrid on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Outside of Sandbox resizing, I don't see any gameplay changes that would affect AI vs AI battles. So the new version?

Valkun on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    edit: Loads better
    Attribute--|--Battleship---|----Cruiser----|----Frigate----
    Core HP    | 1 point/50    | 1 points/25-  | 1 point/10
    Base HP     |      500       |      400       |    300
    Max Speed  | 1 points/0.08 | 1 points/0.10 | 1 point/0.20
    Accelerate | 1 points/0.01 | 1 points/0.02 | 1 points/0.05
    Turning    | 1 points/0.05 | 1 points/0.07 | 1 point/0.20
    Sections-   | 1 points/2.00 | 1 points/1.00 | 2points/1
    Sec.HP Base|       200      |       150      | 100
    Sec.HP Add | 1 points/300  | 1 points/225  | 1 point/150

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attribute--|-Battleship-|-Cruiser-|-Frigate-
    Core HP    |     450-    |   300    | 175
    Max Speed  |      1-     |    2     | 2.5
    Accelerate |     0.03     |   0.07-   | 0.1
    Turning    |     0.4-    |   0.6    | 3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attribute-------|-Battleship-|-Cruiser-|-Frigate-|-limit?-
    =Projectiles====|============|=========|=========|========
    Pulse Gun-------|----- 2 ----|--- 3 ---|--- 4 ---|
    Gatling Pulse---|----- 2 ----|--- 3 ---|--- 4 ---|
    Blaster Cannon--|----- 2 ----|--- 3 ---|--- 4 ---|
    Gatling Blaster-|----- 3 ----|--- 5 ---|--- 6 ---|
    Quad Blaster----|----- 4 ----|--- 6 ---|--- 8 ---|
    Repeater Gun----|----- 1 ----|--- 2 ---|--- 3 ---|
    Tachyon Cannon--|----- 2 ----|--- 3 ---|--- 4 ---|
    Tachyon Repeater|----- 4 ----|--- 6 ---|--- 8 ---|
    Tachyon Driver--|----- 2 ----|--- 3 ---|--- 4 ---|
    Plasma Charge---|----- 3 ----|--- 5 ---|--- 6 ---|
    Missile Launcher|----- 2 ----|--- 3 ---|--- 4 ---|
    =Beams==========|============|=========|=========|========
    Mining Beam-----|----- 1 ----|--- 2 ---|--- 3 ---|
    Scatter Beam----|----- 2 ----|--- 3 ---|--- 4 ---|
    Beamer----------|----- 3 ----|--- 5 ---|--- 6 ---|
    Shock Beamer----|----- 3 ----|--- 5 ---|--- 6 ---|
    Mega Beam-------|----- 4 ----|--- 6 ---|--- 8 ---|
    =Point=Defense==|============|=========|=========|========
    Flak Cannon-----|----- 2 ----|--- 3 ---|--- 4 ---|
    Particle Gun----|----- 2 ----|--- 3 ---|--- 4 ---|
    Point Beam------|----- 3 ----|--- 3 ---|--- 4 ---|
    =Misc===========|============|=========|=========|========
    Demeter Launcher|----- 2 ----|--- 3 ---|--- 4 ---|
    Demeter Pod Lchr|----- 4 ----|--- 6 ---|--- 8 ---| *AI Doesn't Use
    Weasel Gun------|----- 3 ----|--- 5 ---|--- 6 ---|
    Pulsar Gun------|----- 4 ----|--- 6 ---|--- 8 ---|
    Sidewinder------|----- 2 ----|--- 3 ---|--- 4 ---|
    Railgun---------|----- 3 ----|--- 5 ---|--- 6 ---|
    =Modules========|============|=========|=========|========
    Gosling Launcher|----- 2 ----|--- 3 ---|--- 4 ---|
    Nano Matrix-----|----- 10 ---|--- 10---|--- 10 --| 1
    Gravitic Impeder|----- 3 ----|--- 5 ---|--- 6 ---|
    Platform Faber--|----- 6 ----|--- 5 ---|--- 6 ---|
    Impeder Faber---|----- 6 ----|--- 3 ---|--- 4 ---|
    Dieterling Devic|----- 20 ---|--- 15 --|--- 10 --|
    Flux Projector--| Restricted | for AI  | reasons | N/A
    Booster---------|----- 3 ----|--- 5 ---|--- 6 ---| 2
    Aegis Deflector-|----- 8 ----|--- 12 --|--- 16 --| *
    Deflector Shield|----- 4 ----|--- 6 ---|--- 8 ---| **
    Teller Torpedo--|----- 2 ----|--- 3 ---|--- 4 ---|
    Gluon Bolter----|----- 2 ----|--- 3 ---|--- 4 ---|
    Lancet Beam-----|----- 4 ----|--- 6 ---|--- 8 ---| 2
    Frosch Gun------|----- 10 ---|--- 15 --|--- 20 --| 1
    Gravity Beam----|----- 3 ----|--- 5 ---|--- 8 ---|

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Stop stop stop saying the AI doesn't use pods. The last tournament featured many ships with this as a primary weapon, with no trouble.

RoundBoy on
    sig_civwar.jpg
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    RoundBoy wrote: »
    Stop stop stop saying the AI doesn't use pods. The last tournament featured many ships with this as a primary weapon, with no trouble.

But how can it be used as a secret weapon if everyone knows that it works?

jothki on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    By the way, watching two low point frigates fight is godawful boring.

Ships circle each other for four minutes until they get at just the right angle from each other, take shots that miss completely, rinse and repeat.

The update tonight might have to be pushed back until around 5PM tomorrow. Have a test I'm really not well prepared for and would like to actually get some sleep tonight. The deadline will be extended until midnight for Monday.

Valkun on
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    You could set a cutoff point for battles, where any ships that are still alive beyond that point survive into the next round.

jothki on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Once we get past the blitz for resources stage, it shouldn't be an issue anymore. I hope. If any of the big fleet battles look interesting, I'll definately record and upload them.

Valkun on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    But then we see the competition, which is against the idea of the "secrecy" of the game. Maybe any fleet compositions or makeups should be sent to both of the fighting players?

Himura.Kenshin on