Options

Eldad Hagar Appreciation [chat]

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    I always feel compelled to read the comments to Yotam Ottolenghi's recipes in the guardian for some reason
    This dudes recipes are always too complicated. For example: '4 aubergines, peeled lengthways in alternate strips, so it ends up covered in purple-and-white stripes'
    That's half as complicated as peeling an aubergine.

Half the work, not half the complexity

And usually he'll be sure to include some exotic material that requires a trip to Iraq to find. Later you discover it's just ground cumin in oil

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Oh my god this poor news anchor on eyewitness news

"The leader of Hispanics for Trump has given voters something to...taco about"

The anguish on her face was divine...

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I always feel compelled to read the comments to Yotam Ottolenghi's recipes in the guardian for some reason
    This dudes recipes are always too complicated. For example: '4 aubergines, peeled lengthways in alternate strips, so it ends up covered in purple-and-white stripes'

And usually he'll be sure to include some exotic material that requires a trip to Iraq to find. Later you discover it's just ground cumin in oil

You can always sub stuff

Though they do seem to be calculated to annoy people like my mother, who finds the idea of deviating from the letter of a recipe extremely distressing

Edit: also he isn't the only chef that's bad for that kind of thing. I tend to think of it as a london-centric "you can find this in your local middle Eastern supermarket" thing.

japan on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

You can always sub stuff

Though they do seem to be calculated to annoy people like my mother, who finds the idea of deviating from the letter of a recipe extremely distressing

Edit: also he isn't the only chef that's bad for that kind of thing. I tend to think of it as a london-centric "you can find this in your local middle Eastern supermarket" thing.

He just happens to own a chain of London delis that sell such things which I think is why it annoys me. Even though it's obviously not a cash grab and is just middle eastern food requiring less available ingredients

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Now Boarding All Passengers That Are Visiting Neco

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Ok are u ready to run checklist:

Clothes: wriggled into
    Shoes: tightly tied
    Water bottle: filled
    Keys: pocketed
    Body glide: applied judiciously
    Bladder: drained
    Bowels: evacuated (but you never know for sure...)

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »

Ohhh shit it is on!

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    good evemorning chat

I killed a half dozen british dogs for the glory of the Ottoman Empire with my saber

BF1 is rad

I want a full write up on my desk by noon

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Imma poop

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular

What if you're in the middle of the flight and you look out the window and there's a Neco on the wing but nobody believes you?

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular

What if you're in the middle of the flight and you look out the window and there's a Neco on the wing but nobody believes you?

Change your name to Cassandra.

Then, die.

Later, be written into a reboot of Twilight Zone.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    When you get here @Atomika I am going to show you the finest Seattle has to offer.

That's right: I am going to take you to a place called Starbucks. You've probably never heard of it.

• Options
    Neco wrote: »
    When you get here @Atomika I am going to show you the finest Seattle has to offer.

That's right: I am going to take you to a place called Starbucks. You've probably never heard of it.

Take Atomika to Starbucks instead.

• Options
    Elldren wrote: »
    good evemorning chat

I killed a half dozen british dogs for the glory of the Ottoman Empire with my saber

BF1 is rad

I want a full write up on my desk by noon

I want a full desk on my write up.

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    No one took me to Starbucks when I was in Seattle.

Humph.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Ok are u ready to run checklist:

Clothes: wriggled into
    Shoes: tightly tied
    Water bottle: filled
    Keys: pocketed
    Body glide: applied judiciously
    Bladder: drained
    Bowels: evacuated (but you never know for sure...)

Keys: pickpocketed

Sorry!

• Options
    Six wrote: »
    No one took me to Starbucks when I was in Seattle.

Humph.

I did, don't you remember?

Wait I've never been to Seattle.

• Options
    I'm extra annoying this morning.

• Options
    Drez wrote: »
    I'm extra annoying this morning.

We're all just doing our best.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    I don't really know how to deal with the fact that my only complaint about iZombie is Aly Michalka left at the end of season 1

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    I don't really know how to deal with the fact that my only complaint about iZombie is Aly Michalka left at the end of season 1

And ap0 wept, for there were no more worlds to complain about

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    Went for a run and found people already tailgating for the game. And drinking.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular

You can always sub stuff

I am like your mother in this regard. Meanwhile FrauCron is more lackadaisical about those sort of things.
    So I have to play FIFA or something while she cooks so I'm not backseat cooking.

Well, that's my excuse anyway.

Now Playing:
    Celeste [Switch] - She'll be wrestling with inner demons when she comes...
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I heard narcos s2 was on netflix hmmmmmm maybe sit still for 12 hours without blinking

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    i'd like to play WoW but I don't really have the money to resub and get the xpac

:(

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular

They’re gonna need a bigger bowl.

The recent birth of two Irish wolfhound puppies has scientists excited, because—for the first time ever—the puppies have been confirmed through genetic analysis to be identical twins.

People have suspected for years that identical (monozygotic) twins are possible in domestic dogs, and there have been anecdotal reports, but there has never been a confirmed case in the scientific literature until now. And it turns out that although human twins are relatively common, identical twins are exceedingly rare in other species.

The identical twin puppies, named Cullen and Romulus, were delivered by vet Kurt de Cramer in South Africa's Rant en Dal Animal Hospital in Mogale City. He was performing a cesarean section on the mother, who was in distress. He found the two pups attached via umbilical cords to the same placenta, something he had never seen before in decades of practice.

• Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    if you're gonna name one twin romulus why would you not name the other remus

• Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    why not 'remus'

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    dang it, choco

dang it

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Ronya got schluerted

Trying to make that happen btw, schluerted

• Options
    Or at least name it Qo'noS.

• Options
    Nerd alert!

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016

it's an anglicised version of Cu Chulainn

edit: tl;dr, it's an english version of an irish hound name

Tav on
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Not a bad name for a dog

But that myth is bonkers

• Options
    When I played battlefield 1 when it was first battlefield 1 I called myself axis of weasels and didn't care it was anachronistic

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    bXa3212.jpg

• Options

Or Vulcan

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Individually they're good doge names

But together they're disjointed

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    The new Deus Ex game has instilled some renewed hatred for politicians in me.

A second playthrough is going to be interesting in how it affects the calculus of who gets shot in the face.

• Options
    Local coffee shop has a broken grinder so had to panic buy pre ground coffee

They are refusing to charge for coffee as a result

This discussion has been closed.