As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] MATH of the Machine (Use Spoiler Tags for Raid Discussion!)

• Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    Also for the trials people:
    Elimination
    Heavy Ammo now only appears at one central location in Elimination matches
    3v3 gametypes gives slightly less Heavy Ammo per brick

Holy shit that's awesome. I fucking hate heavy round and this will fix just about everything I hate about it.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    mosssnack wrote: »
    Would anyone be able to put the balance changes/patch notes in spoilers? My work computer won't let me go to those posted links.
    2.4.0 - The one preparing for Rise of Iron.

In advance of the launch of Rise of Iron, we are preloading content. These changes will alter the Destiny Sandbox, update the player experience, and prepare the world of the game for the next story we are about to tell.

Weapons
    Read our detailed review of weapon change philosophies.

Auto Rifles
    Reduced the maximum magazine size for highest rate of fire auto family (all weapons in the Doctrine of Passing family)
    Increased damage to middle rate of fire Auto Rifles by 1.5%

Pulse Rifles
    Increased rate of fire for Häkke pulse rifle Lyudmila-D
    Increased damage for middle rate of fire family pulses (Nirwen's Mercy) by 2%

Hand Cannons
    Fixed an issue where the hand cannon Zaouli's Bane's rate of fire stat would display incorrectly
    Fixed an issue where the Taken King Vanguard and Armsday Hand Cannons (Down and Doubt 00-0, Kumakatok HC4) stats would display incorrectly

Shotguns
    Immobius: decreased spread on Titan class Shotgun (0.1 zoom factor increase), increased base stability (60% increase)
    Increased high rate of fire and middle-low rate of fire Shotgun damages by 2%
    Reduced spread angle penalty on Shotguns with the perk Full Auto, Invective was not affected

Sniper Rifles
    Reduced damage on the middle-high impact (1000-Yard Stare family) of Sniper Rifles by 6.95%
    Middle-high impact snipers can no longer reliably kill high armor guardians in super
    No Land Beyond is not affected by this damage reduction
    Reduced Target Acquisition for LDR 5001/Y-09 Longbow Synthesis to bring in line with other snipers in the middle-high rate of fire family
    Increased the starting strength for aim deflection (aka Flinch) when players take damage while scoped in from 30% starting to 50% starting
    With every subsequent hit, the strength of deflection increases until you hit 100% max deflection
    Overall Sniper ADS aim deflection multiplier increased to 1.9x (was 1.85x)
    Fixed an issue where Eirene UI stat bars showed an incorrect rate of fire

Sidearms
    Unified damage for all Sidearm types
    Increased damage for existing Häkke Sidearm families by 3% for lowest rate of fire and 7% for higher rate of fire
    Decreased damage for non-hitscan Sidearms by 5% for Vestian Dynasty and Queen's Choice
    Minor extension of damage falloff point for Sidearms across the board (+0.5meter)
    Minor increase of stability for Sidearms across the board
    Added damage bonus in PvE (20-30% dependent on combatant tier)
    To accommodate two new faster firing Sidearm families releasing in Rise of Iron, all current Sidearm rate of fire bars will be slightly shorter
    This is to allow more bar space to display rate of fire differentiation
    Does not change the actual fire rate, just the stat bar representation

Fusion Rifles
    Accelerated coils correctly reflects damage reduction now on the UI stat bars
    No change to gameplay effect, UI only
    Fixed an issue where stat bars on Techeun Rage displayed incorrectly

Rocket Launchers
    Extended damage falloff distance on Cluster Bomb perk's explosions (should more reliably damage enemies now)
    Grenades and Horseshoes perk proc radius reduced (1.3->1meters), Truth is not affected

Machine Guns
    Increased damage on highest rate of fire Machine Guns by 4%

Weapon Perks
    General
    Magazine perks now give range bonuses
    Removed impact stat bonuses that had no effect on base damage and only on the UI bars
    Armor Piercing Rounds: adds +4 range, reduces -4 handling
    High Caliber Rounds: adds +3 range, reduces -5 handling
    Skip Rounds: adds +5 range, reduces -3 handling, adds +5 inventory
    Take a Knee
    Now activates after 0.5 seconds of crouching
    Added flinch reduction (25%) and increased aim down sights speed by 25%
    Exhumed
    Added an extra +5 seconds (15 seconds total) of effect time
    Cascade
    Functional change: melee kills automatically reload a portion of the magazine
    Surplus
    Now increases carried ammo capacity
    Grave Robber
    Increased proc chance to 25% (was 20%)
    Guerilla Fighter
    Increased stability and range bonuses by 200% (think of it as bonus Hammer Forged and Perfect Balance when the perk activates)
    Unflinching
    Decreased efficacy of the perk from 25% flinch reduction to 15% flinch reduction
    Firefly
    Possible fix for crash related to special effects triggered by the Firefly perk

Exotic Weapons
    Universal Remote
    Exotic Perk range bonus reduced by 75% (no longer guarantees maximum shotgun range)
    Increased rate of fire (decreased damage as a secondary effect)

Fabian Strategy
    Kills with this weapon now automatically load a portion of the magazine
    Increased base range by 16%
    Increased base stability by 44%
    Thorn
    Reduced base range by 25%
    Dreg’s Promise
    Increased damage by 8%
    Increased magazine size by 3
    Touch of Malice
    Touch of Malice’s self-damage infliction now removes Blessing of Light
    No Time to Explain
    Added intrinsic perk Headseeker
    Boolean Gemini
    Added intrinsic perk High Caliber Rounds

Armor
    General
    Fixed a bug causing +1 armor perks to sometimes fail to function
    Class items can now accept shaders

Activities
    Public Events
    1st Daily Public Event Gold completion:
    1x Legendary Engram(once level 40; upgrade engram before)
    15x Destination Materials
    15x Legendary Marks
    5x Motes of Light
    Very low chance of Exotic Shard
    4k XP – core, subclass, gear
    25x Vanguard Rep
    Repeated Gold Public Events:
    200x Glimmer
    Chance of 2-5 Destination Materials
    Chance of 1-2 Motes of Light
    1.5k XP
    Green/Blue Engram
    25x Vanguard Rep
    Repeated Silver Public Events:
    100x Glimmer
    Chance of 2-3 Destination Materials
    750 XP
    Repeated Bronze Public Events:
    50x Glimmer
    Chance of 1-2 Destination Materials
    500 XP

Quests
    Quest menu has been changed and renamed to Progress
    Record Books have been moved from the Materials on the Inventory menu to their own location in the Progress menu
    Quest, Bounty, and Reputation displays have been adjusted

Crucible
    General
    Legendary Engrams have been removed from the Crucible PGCR, so Crucible Legendary Weapons will drop significantly more often
    Fixed an issue where Crucible activity tooltips were showing the wrong icon
    Beowolf, Cicero and Gilgamesh Shaders can once again be acquired by completing Crucible matches
    Fixed some reward logic associated with vanity items from Shaxx Weekly package
    The Crucible Quest "Factions" New Monarchy will no longer ask the player to earn points in the Salvage playlist
    Crucible Quartermaster Weekly bounties have been removed
    Free Sterling Treasure from Weekly Crucible and Postmaster will be discontinued
    Sterling Treasure is still available from Prison of Elders and Eververse

Game Types
    General
    Trials of Osiris
    Trials of Osiris for Year 2 has ended. Trials of Osiris will resume in Rise of Iron on 9/30
    Elimination
    Fixed a bug where the Heavy Ammo could persist through rounds if the Heavy Round ends before it can spawn
    Salvage
    Reduced initial Relic Capture spawn delay, from 15 to 10 seconds
    Reduced time between Relic spawns, from 25 to 15 seconds
    Reduced countdown time on enemy probe, from 45 to 30 seconds
    Increased interaction radius on enemy probe, from 3 to 5 meters
    Increased successful sabotage score from 150 to 200 points
    Changed scoring so that now only the interacting player gets points for a successful sabotage
    Rift
    Added an overshield on player spawn to cut down on spawn-camping
    Extended runner damage resistance when picking up spark by a few seconds

Maps
    Rusted Lands
    Added invisible physics to stop players from escaping intended playable area
    Vertigo
    Pantheon
    Rotated lower Heavy Ammo crate to keep ammo from falling off the map
    Crossroads
    Blind Watch
    Moved Elimination tiebreaker zone indoors to avoid bias towards Bravo

UI
    Fireteam and players in current game session list have been combined and will display 12 players without needing to change pages
    Clan Roster has been added, but will not be immediately available
    The Inventory menu has been modified to add Ornaments
    Abandoned Quest Kiosk menu pagination now allows users to view more than the first page

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I'm wondering if the nerf to ToM has more to do with the new Raid than the old, since there are only a couple weeks left of King's Fall being the highest-level end-game activity. Maybe during testing, the ToM/BoL strategy ruined some encounter(s) in Wrath of the Machine, and now they're preemptively nerfing it.

Sounds like Fabian Strategy might actually become pretty good now, especially against trash mobs. I guess we'll have to wait and see how much of the mag is replenished per kill, but it sounds like it could be the AR version of Bad Juju.

Speaking of Auto Rifles, not really understanding why they nerfed high-RoF (which everyone loves), very slightly buffed mid-RoF (which seemed fine), and didn't even touch low-RoF (which needed the most love).

awsimo on
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    awsimo wrote: »
    I'm wondering if the nerf to ToM has more to do with the new Raid than the old, since there are only a couple weeks left of King's Fall being the highest-level end-game activity. Maybe during testing, the ToM/BoL strategy ruined some encounter(s) in Wrath of the Machine, and now they're preemptively nerfing it.

I would heavily bet that this is what it was.

Balancing around a gun that can be used with relative safety from the blessing, unlimited ammo, and ridiculous damage would make all the other guns feel shittier

• Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    • Crucible Quartermaster Weekly bounties have been removed
    Aw, man! I completed The Mountaintop three times just so each character would have access to those. D'oh! :mad:

• Fixed some reward logic associated with vanity items from Shaxx Weekly package
    Hey, maybe we can finally get those blue/green ships now? (No mention of Comitatus, though.)

awsimo on
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Elimination

So does this affect Trials? Because it's specifically listed under Elimination and Trials has its own entry in the notes

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Aw, man! I completed The Mountaintop three times just so each character would have access to those. D'oh! :mad:

• Fixed some reward logic associated with vanity items from Shaxx Weekly package
    Hey, maybe we can finally get those blue/green ships now? (No mention of Comitatus, though.)

Those aren't the Shaxx Weekly bounties

• Options
    Elimination

So does this affect Trials? Because it's specifically listed under Elimination and Trials has its own entry in the notes

Single Heavy Drop in Trials actually sounds pretty cool.

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I think I would enjoy trials a lot more with that change.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    They're specifically getting rid of the Quartermaster (robot) bounties. Those didn't count toward the 5 weekly Shaxx bounties and reward. Which I made the mistake of trying at least once, since they have the exact same icon.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    I only finished the Mountaintop once and all three of my characters have access to the weekly Crucible bounties.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    and for those that are interested the achievement list for the Xbone version has been released. have put them all behind a spoiler in case anyone doesn't want to know, and the secret one behind a double spoiler.

http://www.trueachievements.com/n25151/destiny-rise-of-iron-dlc-achievement-list.htm
    The content adds 9 new achievements, one of which is secret, for a total of 250 Gamerscore. What do you think of the achievements? Are you going to be jumping into the new Supremacy game mode? Let us know below.

There are 8 non secret achievements:
    Mountain Climber - Complete the "King of the Mountain" mission. (20)
    The Young Wolf - Complete the "Rise of Iron" quest. (40)
    Student of History - Activate all Iron Lord Artifacts. (40)
    Supremacy - Complete the "Glory and the Taking of It" quest. (20)
    Eye for an Eye - Complete the "Kovik's Sin" quest. (20)
    Forging Ahead - Complete an encounter in the Archon's Forge. (20)
    Spliced - Complete the "Wrath of the Machine" raid. (20)
    Splicer God - Complete the "Wrath of the Machine" raid on heroic difficulty. (50)
    Sing the Iron Song - Play the Rise of Iron theme on the bells in the Iron Temple. (20)

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    What are record books?

And all this meta talk is bringing back bad PvP memories. I didn't have any of the current meta gear :(

• Options
    edited September 2016
    ObiFett wrote: »

Yeah, but you still had to complete the Weapon Master step in order to unlock the Quartermaster bounties. And unlike the Shaxx bounties, you had to do it on each character.

By the time I had Weapon Master done I was always 90% finished with The Mountaintop anyways, so the final step just completed itself.

awsimo on
  • Options

Yeah, but you still had to complete the Weapon Master step in order to unlock the Quartermaster bounties. And unlike the Shaxx bounties, you had to do it on each character.

By the time I had Weapon Master done I was always 90% finished with The Mountaintop anyways, so the final step just completed itself.

Ah

I mean the Quartermaster weeklies didn't even reward anything good, right?

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I would've done the quartermaster bounties if they actually counted as weeklies.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Man I am excited for these changes, Sidearms buffs and sniper nerfs is something I would never have expected. Nice, Bungo!

• Options
    edited September 2016

Ah

I mean the Quartermaster weeklies didn't even reward anything good, right?

Nope, just a healthy chunk of XP and rep, plus some bonus telemetries. But it bothered my OCD that my Hunter could access something that my Warlock and Titan couldn't, so it had to be done. :P

I did it while also working on the subclass-specific emblem quests, it was actually a pretty good learning experience since it forced me to use weapon/subclass/ability combos I wouldn't normally think of.

awsimo on
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    The extra rep boost from those was good though. It also meant extra reps and target goals to improve one's non primary primary game. Meh.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Is the Iron Banner Sidearm hitscan or non-hitscan? Because that has been my go-to secondary as of late and it would be kinda funny if it's getting buffed.

• Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Initial thoughts:

Fabian buffs are interesting. Not sure if it will be enough, but they sound like they have potential to make it a decent PvE weapon.

The base auto changes make no sense to me.

Really excited about the flinch change to snipers. If it works, it's a decent way to allow people to challenge with primaries without having to completely rewrite the mechanics.

NttE has always struck me as a nice gun without a real niche. I don't think the tweaks mentioned will be enough to change that, but we'll see.

I love the change to heavy for Trials. I don't understand making the ticket changes but leaving Truth untouched. Rockets aren't really a problem in 6s, and everyone uses Truth for 3s anyways.

• Options
    The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    Is the Iron Banner Sidearm hitscan or non-hitscan? Because that has been my go-to secondary as of late and it would be kinda funny if it's getting buffed.

It's hitscan, plus it has a perfect up-and-down recoil pattern. Grrrrr.

And crap, time to convince my wife to download the patch for me. "Er, honey? You know that spacey shootey game that keeps me from hanging out with you more often? Would you mind doing me a fav-" *ducks as comically large hammer phases in from space-time envelope*

Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    I havent even changed to the new internet yet and I'm still pulling 14mb per second on the Destiny patch thing.

At 39% - Mostly I want to see the Inactive clan tab.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Elimination

The trials portion was just saying trials was over until RoI

Trials IS Elimination, just with LL and extra functionality. Trials counts for the elimination portion of the Mountaintop bounty for example.

Wassermelone on
  • Options

Sounds like Fabian Strategy might actually become pretty good now, especially against trash mobs. I guess we'll have to wait and see how much of the mag is replenished per kill, but it sounds like it could be the AR version of Bad Juju.

Speaking of Auto Rifles, not really understanding why they nerfed high-RoF (which everyone loves), very slightly buffed mid-RoF (which seemed fine), and didn't even touch low-RoF (which needed the most love).

They already have that, it's called the Zhalo Supercell

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    Dont blame Awsimo for forgetting.

Bungie forgot all about it too. :wink:

Best PvE gun.

• Options
    Sirialis wrote: »

Best PvE gun.

It really is one of the more unique and fun guns that Bungie has made. Especially in the Primary realm.

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Elimination

Trials IS Elimination, just with LL and extra functionality. Trials counts for the elimination portion of the Mountaintop bounty for example.

Oh I understand these things

You just never know with Bungie

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    Vagabond wrote: »

Best PvE gun.

It really is one of the more unique and fun guns that Bungie has made. Especially in the Primary realm.

Stupid fun to pull out that gun during arc burn strikes.

As an aside, those Salvage changes were LONG overdue. It was such a broken game mode, what with it being more advantageous to disarm the salvage point rather than cap it first.

• Options
    Elimination

Thats... a good point.

On sidearms, someone pointed out that Crow's Eye with a barrel that gives extra impact, 4 bodyshots will be a kill
    Hello my Crow's Eye

• Options
    Elimination

Thats... a good point.

On sidearms, someone pointed out that Crow's Eye with a barrel that gives extra impact, 4 bodyshots will be a kill
    Hello my Crow's Eye

Whoa, 4 body shot kill on a Crow's Eye? What is that, a 0.5 to 0.6 TTK? That would be stupid good.

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    Guess I have to beat Oryx one more time for the Second Wind achievement. Apparently I did stuff out of order.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I was against the removal of burns on primaries, but man did it make Zhalo more fun and special once that happened.

Now if only Bungle would give us more Void exotics, maybe even a good primary.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    My primary weapon strategies are about to become exceedingly Fabian in nature

Even if it's still trash

As a proud Titan, it's my trash

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Elimination

Thats... a good point.

Hello my Crow's Eye

Whoa, 4 body shot kill on a Crow's Eye? What is that, a 0.5 to 0.6 TTK? That would be stupid good.

... I think I may have a God roll Crow's Eye in my vault.

Booker said it was bad for a reason I dont quite remember though.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Yeah I got one stashed somewhere, time to re-evaluate

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Options
    vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Is Crow's Eye hitscan?

Also just took this screenshot only to be followed by "Servers are not available".

MN83Y9Gl.jpg

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Is Crow's Eye hitscan?

Just caught up on a Reddit analysis thread, where they confirmed that Crows Eye is hitscan, and that the bodyshot TTK is 0.70 with an impact-increasing barrel mod.

Uh. I wants it.

Time to grind CoE a bajillion times now?

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I'm curious as to how they've achieved a faster firing class of Sidearm.

How much more pew-pew could you even fit inside a gun?