As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] MATH of the Machine (Use Spoiler Tags for Raid Discussion!)

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Man, that exotic pulse rifle looks sweet... that's a lot of convoluted math shit to do to get it though D:

There's already webapps developed to assist with those of us who are less math inclined.

This is beneficial to me. :bzz:

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    I want to be able to delete the level 40 and level 25 sparks from my inventory.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Oh god, the grind is real (slow). My Titan is at 347. All gear is 350 except Legs (348) and Ghost (325). I noticed you get a 340 Ghost out of the RoI progression, so I started grinding the 320 SIVA strikes (jeez, 20 of these?). Seems kind of useless so far as getting new gear goes. Used a Skeleton Key on the Omnigul chest and got the Warlock bond (the character I never use) at 349. Wanted the gun. Oh well! Short of getting the 20 strikes knocked out, is there any reason to even do these? I did the weekly heroic last night and only died once (it was Sunless Cell), so I can hang in the 350 crowd.

• Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    squall99x wrote: »
    Nosf wrote: »
    Finally got a damn 365 ghost. Did they cap stats on items? Tower ghost seems to imply every piece of armor is a piece of shit at 89% or something.

They stat rolls are now stretched across the entire light possible. Meaning now that 400 (with hard mode) should be the highest light the max stat distribution is at 400 and not 335. So the old max stats at 335 are now the new max stats at 400 which means everyone's stats took a dip when the light level raised.

It's actually capped at 350, I'm relatively certain.

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    Oh god, the grind is real (slow). My Titan is at 347. All gear is 350 except Legs (348) and Ghost (325). I noticed you get a 340 Ghost out of the RoI progression, so I started grinding the 320 SIVA strikes (jeez, 20 of these?). Seems kind of useless so far as getting new gear goes. Used a Skeleton Key on the Omnigul chest and got the Warlock bond (the character I never use) at 349. Wanted the gun. Oh well! Short of getting the 20 strikes knocked out, is there any reason to even do these? I did the weekly heroic last night and only died once (it was Sunless Cell), so I can hang in the 350 crowd.

Just buy a 340 ghost from a vendor.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

All vendor gear is 350 now.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options

*headdesk*

Great, now I have to go farm marks! :) Is it true that you get 15 per character per day for the public events?

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular

They're 350.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular

*headdesk*

Great, now I have to go farm marks! :) Is it true that you get 15 per character per day for the public events?

for your first gold public event on each character. so potentially 45 marks and 3 purple engrams per day.

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    That quarantine change!

https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/45313
    Strikes
    • Fixed an issue where the Abomination Heist Strike was not dropping rewards with the correct Light
    • Fixed an issue where the Winter's Run Strike was not dropping rewards with the correct Light
    • Fixed an issue where the Echo Chamber Strike was appearing in the wrong playlist
    • Omnigul will now drop rewards once during a Strike and will require the Strike to be finished to drop additional rewards

Archon's Forge
    • Quarantine Patrols will now always drop an Archon’s Forge Offering upon killing the Splicer Priest in the second phase of the Activity
    • Archon’s Forge has a higher chance to drop Offerings upon completion

Items
    • Fixed an issue where players who completed the "Beauty in Destruction" Questline did not receive a Gjallarhorn
    • Players can retrieve their Gjallarhorn from the Weapon Blueprint Collection on the Year 1 tab
    • Fixed an issue where Vanguard Reputation Boosters were not working in the SIVA Crisis Strike Playlist

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    Note from self to past self: Level your other characters and get the free skeleton key on each to get artifacts leveled.

Of course the first chest I opened gave me two class items instead of a blue artifact...

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Well that Archon's Forge stuff is certainly welcome.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    doing monitors for raid thing.

terrible party. can't leave because monitors will reset. I was trapped for hours before they gave up and left and we got competent people to join

If one person leaves a fireteam and then comes back on a different character, will they still be able to open the monitor chest?

edit: Turns out the answer is yes

ObiFett on
  • Options
    That quarantine change!

Strikes
    • Fixed an issue where the Abomination Heist Strike was not dropping rewards with the correct Light
    • Fixed an issue where the Winter's Run Strike was not dropping rewards with the correct Light
    • Fixed an issue where the Echo Chamber Strike was appearing in the wrong playlist
    • Omnigul will now drop rewards once during a Strike and will require the Strike to be finished to drop additional rewards

Archon's Forge
    • Quarantine Patrols will now always drop an Archon’s Forge Offering upon killing the Splicer Priest in the second phase of the Activity

Items
    • Fixed an issue where players who completed the "Beauty in Destruction" Questline did not receive a Gjallarhorn
    • Players can retrieve their Gjallarhorn from the Weapon Blueprint Collection on the Year 1 tab
    • Fixed an issue where Vanguard Reputation Boosters were not working in the SIVA Crisis Strike Playlist

RIP Omnigul farm

• Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Omnigul farm nerf is not surprising, but still sucks for anyone who isn't 365 yet.

Edit: what would be the fastest normal to run now? Wretched Eye (kill 5 or so SIVA infestations, 1 wizard, and a boss)?

Erevar on
    KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    In which playlist is Echo Chamber supposed to appear? Because I haven't seen it in either SIVA queue, and thus was wholly dependent on Undying Mind to drop terrible Imago Loops for me to sigh about.

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Does tier 3 Court of Oryx still guarantee relic drops?

• Options
    Dys wrote: »
    Does tier 3 Court of Oryx still guarantee relic drops?

Capped at 335, but yes.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    That quarantine change!

Strikes

Archon's Forge

Items

RIP Omnigul farm

How many months was she Bullet King for Destiny though? I guess now that progression is a thing again they acted?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    Erevar wrote: »
    Omnigul farm nerf is not surprising, but still sucks for anyone who isn't 365 yet.

Edit: what would be the fastest normal to run now? Wretched Eye (kill 5 or so SIVA infestations, 1 wizard, and a boss)?

I used sepiks perfected on the 320 variety via director. Got me to 365 fairly quickly. Everyone else running it is doing the same thing, so the runs are super fast and I only had one idler in the dozens of runs I did.

Keeping your spindle around will also shave a ton of time off the walker portion.

Only downside is no skeleton keys will drop for ya. With the hotfix fixing LL drops in the other strikes, the heroic playlist is a good alternative. It'll take longer, but you'll be able to hopefully stockpile some keys for when you need to snag an artifact. This week also has a very generous set of modifiers for quick heroic runs. Small arms and solar burn.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options

terrible party. can't leave because monitors will reset. I was trapped for hours before they gave up and left and we got competent people to join

If one person leaves a fireteam and then comes back on a different character, will they still be able to open the monitor chest?

Reddit says that as long as anyone is still in the raid, you won't lose it. People have reported losing it if the raid leader disconnects or lags out rather than going to orbit, but otherwise people can go to orbit, swap characters (wish I knew this the first time), etc.

• Options
    edited September 2016

this is what Reddit says:
    Players can -
    Go to Orbit and switch
    Fireteam leaders can change
    Booted players may return
    If a player leaves, a new joiner can come in and open the end chest
    The underlying factor is that 1 Guardian must remain within the Raid at ALL TIMES

EDIT 2 - Consensus appears that trouble with the lasers is linked to the Fireteam leader - Example of this is multiple people saying the Leader 'Lagged' out and this caused issue whereas other teams have swapped Leaders naturally who has then left and returned and all has been well - Will continue to research this

There have been examples of people doing the above and the grid staying intact though so your mileage may vary?

jefe414 on
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    cncaudata wrote: »

Reddit says that as long as anyone is still in the raid, you won't lose it. People have reported losing it if the raid leader disconnects or lags out rather than going to orbit, but otherwise people can go to orbit, swap characters (wish I knew this the first time), etc.

SGA

Don't plan on swapping out characters after you beat Aksis. You won't be able to rejoin.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    That quarantine change!

Strikes

Archon's Forge

Items

that is a damn good change and great to see it come so quickly.

• Options
    Holy's Horn Relay Racket remains untouched for the time being.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Those changes are all actually pretty good.

I feel so, what's the opposite of disappointment?

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    ugh just realized how underleveled I am for Trials tomorrow

• Options
    Those changes are all actually pretty good.

I feel so, what's the opposite of disappointment?

like you're playing something other than Destiny?

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    In which playlist is Echo Chamber supposed to appear? Because I haven't seen it in either SIVA queue, and thus was wholly dependent on Undying Mind to drop terrible Imago Loops for me to sigh about.

It was showing up in Xbox SIVA Crisis Heroic. Whenever you'd get it, though, you'd get an Urchin error and be returned to orbit.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    Vagabond wrote: »

It was showing up in Xbox SIVA Crisis Heroic. Whenever you'd get it, though, you'd get an Urchin error and be returned to orbit.

Oh dear. That kind of "wrong queue".

• Options
    mosssnack wrote: »
    Erevar wrote: »

I used sepiks perfected on the 320 variety via director. Got me to 365 fairly quickly. Everyone else running it is doing the same thing, so the runs are super fast and I only had one idler in the dozens of runs I did.

Keeping your spindle around will also shave a ton of time off the walker portion.

Only downside is no skeleton keys will drop for ya. With the hotfix fixing LL drops in the other strikes, the heroic playlist is a good alternative. It'll take longer, but you'll be able to hopefully stockpile some keys for when you need to snag an artifact. This week also has a very generous set of modifiers for quick heroic runs. Small arms and solar burn.

I take it the strategy here is just to farm engrams (blue/purple) and wear the highest LL gear you have each time you pop one, starting with the engram that represents the lowest LL piece of gear you're wearing? Or am I missing a piece of key info?

• Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    ugh just realized how underleveled I am for Trials tomorrow

You're actually not. There would have to be like a 50-100 LL difference to enable being killed by one less bullet than normal. I'd need to look up the math for exacts.

360 range is still quite capable of being competitive. I'm not gonna worry about it.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    I missed the first week of the raid because I wasn't able to get my LL high enough in the time I had.

I'm now at a raid-OK point (or will be by the weekend). Any XBoners interested in a blind-ish raid this weekend?

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I missed the first week of the raid because I wasn't able to get my LL high enough in the time I had.

I'm now at a raid-OK point (or will be by the weekend). Any XBoners interested in a blind-ish raid this weekend?
    Absolutely!

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Ugh, I need to get from 351 to like, at least 355 by Sunday raid

With the omnigul nerf what's the best approach. Chain run normal strikes? Heroic strikes? Archon thingymabib?

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Any guesses on what today's hot fix will bring?

I'm guessing damage from falling debris will be increased by at least 280%, better ensuring that the collapsing platform at the end of The Wretched Eye is guaranteed to kill at least one party member attempting to inspect the ogre.

Maybe going to stop people from dismantling Gjallar Horns for infinite Horn Relays?

Why did no one tell me about this until now ???

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options

I feel like this could be turned into an endless loop gif really really easily

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular

I am highly interested in that. I still have a level or two until I'm 360, but I'm fine otherwise.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Ugh, I need to get from 351 to like, at least 355 by Sunday raid

With the omnigul nerf what's the best approach. Chain run normal strikes? Heroic strikes? Archon thingymabib?
    Run a bunch of heroic strikes. The two blues the bosses drop go up to 365, and are usually higher LL than whatever piece of gear you have in their slot.