Options

Onboard audio not working?

BucketmanBucketman Call meSkraggRegistered User regular
Alright, I've done a ton of searching, and found many people with the same problem, but no solution.

I have an Asrock Z87 Extreme 4. My onboard audio refuses to work properly. I was just getting loud static, but then I updated to the latest Realtek drivers and that went away but nothing from any of my headsets or speakers. Just silence.

It detects when I plug my headphones in, both front and back ports, but no sound comes out.

Any ideas? I'm running Windows 10 if that changes anything.

Thanks.

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    the headphones work on other devices? do you have another set of headphones you can plug into the port?

And this is always the silly question, but you are plugging into the speaker jack and not a mic jack, correct?

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    BlindZenDriverBlindZenDriver Registered User regular
    I don't know the Realtek drivers and what audio tools they come with, but chances are they come with some sort of mixer tool. Check if the mixer settings are maybe set to making all output go out through like say a digital port or something - if so that could explain why you're getting any sound to your headphones. It may that it is something hidden in advanced settings - in some cases mixer software even lets you direct sound from different programs to different outputs.
    Also makes sure what ever you're playing sound from doesn't have some sort of setting that directs audio in a wrong direction. And finally it may be that you have all sound output go through a different audio device all together fx. if your monitor is connect with a DisplayPort cable it is likely your graphics card is acting as a audio device regardless if your monitor has speakers or not.

Bones heal, glory is forever.