As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

TS3 server woes

Any Teamspeak 3 gurus on these forums? I've also posted a request for help on the TS3 forums, but a quick search there hasn't helped.

My problem is this: I used to run a TS3 server for Arma sessions on my backup PC. The computer went on the fritz, so I rebuilt it. On Friday I reinstalled the TS3 server and was able to log on from my main gaming machine. Since yesterday, however, I can launch th server program but I can't log on from anywhere in my network. According to my router, the correct ports are forwarded for my backup PC, and I've also set up what I think should be the relevant exceptions on my Windows Firewall. But whether I try to log on from my main PC or even from the backup PC, whether I use the network IP or the external IP, I get a message saying "Failed to connect to server". In addition, the log file has an error saying "Server() error while starting server manager, error: instance check error". Reinstalling the TS3 server doesn't change anything.

Any ideas what the problem might be and how it could be solved?

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
"Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    What if you disable the firewall completely? Can you access the server from other computers on the network?

• Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    I'll have to try that, although I'm not optimistic; at the very least I should be able to connect on the machine that actually runs the server, shouldn't I (i.e. localhost)? Anyway, will give it a try, cheers.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Have you actually reboot the machine hosting TS3?

That error message almost seems like it's implying the server is either already running, or something is listening on the port already.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    Yeah, repeatedly. I've actually got it working now, but only with a legacy version of the software. (Found the suggestion on the official forums.) I'm hoping this won't be an issue.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg